Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:21 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:35 pm 
Ken Hands

:clap: :clap:
Donstuie wrote:
I don’t expect us to win, or even come close. But I’ll be there tomorrow.

You know what, I’m tired of watching our boys playing in front of a combination of empty stands and ferals calling them shit.

The boys right now need us to build them up, not throw rotten fruit at them.

I’ve done a 180 on this the past couple of weeks, going from telling myself “if these players can’t be arsed, neither can I” to realising that the time to show unity and support is now. Otherwise, would it be any @#$%&! wonder if our young guys lost all confidence and became duds, or Cripps or Charlie left in a couple of years?

Again I look at Richmond. How many years were they shit but their supporters kept showing up?

IMO this is a tipping point for the club. If this group keeps getting told how useless they are, they’ll believe it. But maybe, if they know we’re behind them it could be just the thing to make them realise that they belong at this level and at this club, and grow because of it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:10 pm 
Craig Bradley

scottopee wrote:
FB: Plowman, Jones, Mullett

HB: O’Shea, Rowe, Simpson

2 years of developing a backline and this is the defence? I know we have injuries but none of these players will be there in 2 years time except Plowman!

Apart from Simpson this could have been our VFL backline.

Watching Harry get a chance and Curnow strut his stuff are about the only positives I can take. Cunningham very stiff he's the only player besides Simmo that has run and carried the ball this year.

It'll look better with Marchback, Docherty, an in-form Weitering there plus wouldn't mind seeing Alex Silvagni there too.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:24 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Donstuie wrote:

You know what, I’m tired of watching our boys playing in front of a combination of empty stands and ferals calling them shit.

I’ve done a 180 on this the past couple of weeks, going from telling myself “if these players can’t be arsed, neither can I” to realising that the time to show unity and support is now. Otherwise, would it be any @#$%&! wonder if our young guys lost all confidence and became duds, or Cripps or Charlie left in a couple of years?

Again I look at Richmond. How many years were they shit but their supporters kept showing up?

IMO this is a tipping point for the club. If this group keeps getting told how useless they are, they’ll believe it. But maybe, if they know we’re behind them it could be just the thing to make them realise that they belong at this level and at this club, and grow because of it.
Agree Donstuie... Also the time to go and watch some of players rather than the game.
Something I enjoy doing.... Keeping an eye on Mckay this week...
Do the TOG stats appear anywhere? Don't seem to be on the AFL app

Go you good things

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:28 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

BTW... Almost can't see us getting it out of the midfield, so hopefully the defence can hit a target and Mckay doesn't die of hypothermia...

Go you good things

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:19 pm 
Geoff Southby

Donstuie wrote:

You are right, what we need is to back in what we have got. Instead of hoping for magical picks and trades etc, we need to be able to get the most out of what we have and mold them into something which is more than the sum of their parts.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:57 pm 
Ken Hunter

CK95 wrote:
This reminds me a bit of a game in 1990 when we were in a massive slump & Jezza made 5 changes & brought in a bunch of second stringers just to change things up a bit.

We played Footscray at Footscray which was never easy, & won by 5 goals

Carlton by 125 points.

:D

Yep, I have this sneaking feeling that when we eventually score 100 in a game we'll also win by 100. It's written in the stars!

(I have drunk 3/4 of a bottle of red this evening)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:59 pm 
Robert Walls

Blue Tongue wrote:
Cunningham had 3 kicks last week, for a 3rd year midfielder surely he needs to do a bit better than that.
Every week we have had too many non contributors so I'm glad Kerridge is in as he will get more of the ball than Cunningham that's for sure.

Dow has done SFA for most of the year (not a criticism but a fact).

SPS did SFA after the Coll game last year and never got dropped

Like some of us have said before, there are rules for some and not for others

Every team has its scapegoats. Cunningham is Carlton's

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:52 am 
Ken Hands

I hope we put up at least a bit of a fight and show some intensity.

I want to see some real leadership.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:01 am 
Ken Hunter

Any other brave souls going to the game today?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:17 am 
Wayne Johnston

kezza wrote:

No thanks - Bellerive was enough punishment last week sitting in the Ponting stand with the Norf clan who thought they had won the flag

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:22 am 
formerly Army the Wonderkid

Yep!

Me & my boy will be there, plus a Sydney based WCE fan who is flying down for the game.

Beautiful day in Melbourne.... very Perth like.

Trust those skills, fight hard and hit em hard please Blues. Give my boy some hope.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:45 am 
Bruce Doull

I'm planning on going.

I just hope if we are good enough to kick the first few again, that we actually hold that lead. If we do that then that little voice in West coast's head might start talking & they'll get nervous, & throw out their usual structures.

Just don't drop your heads after last week boys. Lots of voice & pressure early and we're a chance.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:13 pm 
Harry Vallence

Don't let McGovern sit back and mark the ball and we have a chance, I doubt we will be able to stop that though to be honest. We do seem to bomb the ball a little less at the MCG.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:25 pm 
Harry Vallence

Mots87 wrote:
That's if we can get it out of the backline Red.

Will come out of the backline after every goal they kick?

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:30 pm 
Harry Vallence

CK95 wrote:
This reminds me a bit of a game in 1990 when we were in a massive slump & Jezza made 5 changes & brought in a bunch of second stringers just to change things up a bit.

We played Footscray at Footscray which was never easy, & won by 5 goals

Carlton by 125 points.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

Ah, love that - lets try lines from songs to spread a positive message : i will lead with :
“The darkest hour is just before dawn” and “we can work it out”

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:35 pm 
Harry Vallence

First time in a long time (AFAIK) that we'll be taking the field without a number 1 draft pick

Anyway I'll be there to witness what happens

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:39 pm 
Horrie Clover

i'm going.

and i'm going with the positivity i had a month ago.

it's a long season and we have fallen into an unexpected rut.

let's back our coaches and players to get us out of it.

go blues!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:10 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Really want the boys to get up this week ... win this week... just win ...

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:37 pm 
Ken Hunter

chubbyruss wrote:
kezza wrote:

No thanks - Bellerive was enough punishment last week sitting in the Ponting stand with the Norf clan who thought they had won the flag

I was also there in Tassie last week, I am going again today.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:41 pm 
Wayne Johnston

99prelim wrote:
Blue Tongue wrote:
Cunningham had 3 kicks last week, for a 3rd year midfielder surely he needs to do a bit better than that.
Every week we have had too many non contributors so I'm glad Kerridge is in as he will get more of the ball than Cunningham that's for sure.

Dow has done SFA for most of the year (not a criticism but a fact).

SPS did SFA after the Coll game last year and never got dropped

Like some of us have said before, there are rules for some and not for others

Every team has its scapegoats. Cunningham is Carlton's

We have to invest game time in some one to develop for the future and if guys like this don’t succeed we may as well give up now.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next