Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:14 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:24 pm 
Bruce Doull

- AFLW team goes in as one of the flag favourites
Nek minnit: Wooden spoon and best player wanting to leave

- Seniors show promise with young players aiming to take next step
Nek minnit: Two straight thrashings (with flattering margins) against bottom 4 opposition.

- Northern Blues side augmented with fresh young talent and experienced former AFL hands
Nek minnit: 130pt annhiliation in Round 1

The events of the past few weeks aren't normal, and points to something bigger than the coach, captain or injuries. Something stinks at the club and it's time they told us WTF was going on.

There will be a full uprising soon unless this changes fast.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:03 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Sydney Blue wrote:
trublu wrote:
We had an interrupted preseason due to the resurfacing of Ikon park surface. It was mentioned to me just before the new year that some senior players were annoyed with the situation. They become frustrated with multiple training venues especially after Docherty busted his ACL to which some believe the crap surface we were training on played a part. It was mentioned by someone that we felt had the stringests of preseason and our fitness had been compromised because of the resurfacing that took place. The players had questioned why it wasn’t done earlier or towards the backend of the season and the track be ready for the start of preseason.

It’s not an excuse being made because the person who had said this said it just before the Christmas break.

But now I’m starting to think that our players are not as fit and are running out of puff much earlier into games.
Nah thats bullshit.
There is a stench coming out of the club that went through the AFLW now the seniors and the NB getting pumped by 20 goals.
It is more than new grass.
I have a sneaky suspicion it has something to do with either the Trigg dismissal or the hasty removal and trading of Gibbs.
But what ever it is in the coming weeks this club will explode if these sort of results keep happening

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Gibbs wanted to go home because of his wife, nothing to do with the club, in fact if what we heard is correct the club did the right thing by him.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:05 pm 
Harry Vallence

Our gameplan is so progressive only the opposition can figure it out.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:15 pm 
Harry Vallence

Donstuie wrote:

Nek minnit: Two straight thrashings (with flattering margins) against bottom 4 opposition.

- Northern Blues side augmented with fresh young talent and experienced former AFL hands

The events of the past few weeks aren't normal, and points to something bigger than the coach, captain or injuries. Something stinks at the club and it's time they told us WTF was going on.

absolutely spot on here Don - there is something very wrong again at CFC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:30 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Donstuie wrote:

Depressing and then some. We have some insiders here. Wonder if they’d be kind enough to offer some insight?

WTF is going on??

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:43 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

smithy wrote:
Our gameplan is so progressive only the opposition can figure it out.
To be fair, it does take about 15 minutes.... Then it takes us a quarter to work out that they worked it out...

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:46 pm 
Garry Crane

Not sure if I am making too much of it but one of the lowest points last night was watching that ugly F-wit Crocker in Weiterings face after one of his second quarter stuff ups..

This piece of sh1t really gave it to Weits in a big way, Weits looked like he was almost about to just give it all up (fortunately he actually rallied after it and recovered pretty well).

But what really got me fired up though was that no one came to either to his rescue or to put arm over his shoulder and settle him down. Wright did come over but I would have expected the cavalry rock up. Instead, I never saw any one else of the leadership group come up to his defence and give it to the Collingwood pr1ck..

Best indication to me of the lack of cohesion and on field leadership gap..

Am I reading too much into it?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:58 pm 
Ken Hunter

From the Age Newspaper online

Gold Coast: Australian weightlifter Francois Etoundi braved the agony of a torn bicep to clinch bronze in the 69kg division at the Commonwealth Games,

Any chance we could get Francois down to the club to have chat to the 44.

A little bit about how to HTFU and take the Pain might be in order!!!!!!!!!!

Just a thought.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:03 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Blue Monday wrote:
Not sure if I am making too much of it but one of the lowest points last night was watching that ugly F-wit Crocker in Weiterings face after one of his second quarter stuff ups..

This piece of sh1t really gave it to Weits in a big way, Weits looked like he was almost about to just give it all up (fortunately he actually rallied after it and recovered pretty well).

But what really got me fired up though was that no one came to either to his rescue or to put arm over his shoulder and settle him down. Wright did come over but I would have expected the cavalry rock up. Instead, I never saw any one else of the leadership group come up to his defence and give it to the Collingwood pr1ck..

I guess Murphy could have come over and made hissing sounds and scratched him with his fingernails...

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:12 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

lol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:30 pm 
Garry Crane

Out of all the pros & cons the one thing that is a massive con is Bolton & match committe
Bolton game plan is so simular to Malthouse & the match committe grow some balls &
make some tough calls

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:38 pm 
John Nicholls

bender wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

absolutely spot on here Don - there is something very wrong again at CFC

Yes, and I'd like to know what it is as well.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:00 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

2 straight thrashings? :lol:

FMD, some of you people have short memories. In Malthouses last year we lost to Hawthorn by 138 points.
Now 24 points is a thrashing.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:19 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Priority pick in the mega draft!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:19 pm 
Bruce Doull

Blue Monday wrote:

As strange as it sounds I actually didn't mind seeing Weiters get his nose rubbed in the dirt. That was ground zero for him & to his credit he responded pretty well.

It might just be the kick in the arse he needs.

As an aside, yes, the lack of support is something we've struggled with for years.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:57 pm 
Horrie Clover

I saw when weitering got pushed around and watches it closely , Liam jones came in and put up some fight for him , patted him on the back etc
Weitering needs to learn to stop being a sook and he is playing with big boys now

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:10 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Monday wrote:

We Have no 'enforcer', no mongrel (probably my main/only gripe about Murphy being captain).....

Have someone like that and the whole team stands taller

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:19 pm 
Bob Chitty

Blue Monday wrote:

I'm sure many don't rate Andy Marr but he surgested in his podcast last week that Jacob has developed a reputation as private school boy from Mt Matha who has had an easy life and won't put up any sort of fight if you poke him in the chest. I can't recall if anybody came to help him but he sure didn't do anything to stand up for himself. He just stood there and took it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:21 pm 
Rod Ashman

billc3 wrote:
Blue Monday wrote:

We Have no 'enforcer', no mongrel (probably my main/only gripe about Murphy being captain).....

Have someone like that and the whole team stands taller

Haven't you heard ... our whole list is already over 190cms .... we don't need them to stand any taller!!!!! :sly:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:54 pm 
Harry Vallence

Crippa wrote:
Blue Monday wrote:

I'm sure many don't rate Andy Marr but he surgested in his podcast last week that Jacob has developed a reputation as private school boy from Mt Matha who has had an easy life and won't put up any sort of fight if you poke him in the chest. I can't recall if anybody came to help him but he sure didn't do anything to stand up for himself. He just stood there and took it.

Would be interesting to see a list of 'private school' boys vs real men recruited over the past 10 years. Not so sure Andy Maher's generalisation would stand up...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next