Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:12 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:46 am 
formerly Army the Wonderkid

billc3 wrote:
Sin City wrote:
doofdoof wrote:
keogh wrote:
Bolts
Don’t play Lamb Mullett
Can’t play Kennedy and Cripps
Too slow
Kennedy is a bad pick up watched him last night
He isn’t that tough besides being too slow
I wonder if SOS’s stubbornness in
Giving so many GWS guys he recruited
A second chance is a massive backfire
Play kids please Bolts
Play Cuningham in the middle
Bring in Schumacher Soj and play McKay
Change things up

But don’t worry the mc won’t go down
That path if history’s anything to go by

I agree with most of this but writing off Kennedy after 5 qtrs is a tiny bit over the top
Not sure he was completely over his injury last night
He will give us the luxury of allowing Cripps to spend long periods forward long term ( when we finally assemble a @#$%&! midfield!)

Kennedy was getting swarmed last night whenever he went near it too. Had a clear role as an extractor and had 3-5 Collingwood players around him every time he picked the ball up with a heap of Carlton players outside waiting for a handball.
Collingwood had heaps of players around the contest and were able to use chains of handballs to work their way out of trouble all night.
The strategy every team will use against us this year... Try and break through the tackler.... And it will work

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

And cover Cripps and Charlie as they are the only ones that will hurt you. Until we get 8 guns coming through (rough guess) we will be easily coached against.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:16 pm 
formerly King Kenny

If they drop Ritchie again they have rocks in their head. Clean, quick and agile.

The kids are all developing, but shouldn’t be expected to be 25-30 touch players yet. Samo, Fisher, Ritchie, Dow, Garlett.

We need to be playing Kerridge to help these guys develop. Not sure what he has done to not be playing.

Lamb, Mullet, Jones, Polson need to be dropped, Polson only because he isn’t ready for AFL yet and needs to develop in the reserves.

Bolton needs to revert back to our defensive plan from the past two years as the foundation to attack. We can’t compete with this defensive style whilst we have such a raw midfield, the opposition just overrun us and make it look stupid. It’s also helped by Jones playing like less a headless chook. The opposition play through Jones opponent as they know he is easily exposed.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:30 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Donstuie wrote:
Ed at least cuts through the bullshit
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2018- ... -ed-curnow

Throwing some excellent shade at the skipper there.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:02 pm 
Rod Ashman

we fielded 10 guys that were 21 and under and have an average of 20 games between them
our best senior players are kreuzer, murphy and simpson and Cripps who is still 23 and has played 63 games
i am not sure these types of results/performances are that surprising

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:24 pm 
Craig Bradley

Doof I think it is our method that is the problem and execution
Agree a very young side but skill execution as Cazz quite properly said is key and the ineptitude of effecting basic skills over the last 2 weeks is what we are lamenting
Less skilful that last year yes lost Gibbs but the young uns have another season under their belt and should be better executing the skills
Game plan is failing big time players seem confused match ups seem odd on game day and selection on Thursday night is a bit like tattslotto

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:28 pm 
Craig Bradley

Also whilst performance against Richmond not perfect but fundamentally better and different from the last 2 weeks where early in the match not even in the game against 2 very ordinary sides
Lucky Collingwood are crap a good side would have beaten us by 60 plus points with our overall ineptitude from team coaches and leaders

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:50 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I’m just curious what has changed from last year to this to lead people to believe we’d be winning many games ... all the changes point to us winning less ... for now ... the aberration/s are not the last two weeks ... the aberration is when we actually win a game ... for now ...

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:10 pm 
Bruce Doull

Thank god I’ve discovered a love of ice hockey whilst here in LA.

Think I’ve had enough of Carlton.

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:29 pm 
Craig Bradley

Good question Juddy thought natural development of Charlie Fisher Jack weitering et al would be enough to make us a better team

Another question is why are north and Brisbane performing much better than us presently when both were below us last year
Is it coach is it game plan is it development of players
Is it leadership on the field
Is it more mentally tough what is it

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:49 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Juddy&theKruezers wrote:
I’m just curious what has changed from last year to this to lead people to believe we’d be winning many games ... all the changes point to us winning less ... for now ... the aberration/s are not the last two weeks ... the aberration is when we actually win a game ... for now ...

I don’t think that many of us thought we’d win a lot more games, bit I’d say most of us expected the effort and execution to be at least as good as last year. The last two games have been significantly worse than anything from last year.

And I’m watching the VFL right no and seeing all the same issues there too, they’re being absolutely smashed out of the middle and around the packs and their skill execution is abysmal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:50 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

grrofunger wrote:

Go the .... pucks?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:53 pm 
Rod Ashman

The defensive structure Bolton is trying to execute won't work and is even more diabolical in our club because our mids haven't (and don't intend on having) a defensive side. We are too slow to react in a turn over situation and also pretend to do so, this leaves our defenders in no mans land with the opposition streaming down into attack and having a multitude of options. I can't be too critical of individuals because after a while they have realized their predicament and have unfortunately accepted the inevitable.
Our poor skill and determination hasn’t improved which is causing most the dilemma going forward and then it just magnifies the poor structure and game plan. We run ahead of play way too early (for the easy disposal) leaving ourselves vulnerable in turnover situations and are caught out of position then reluctant to work hard to get back. Even after we do by some chance of miracle we do win the ball back we have no real focal point or link to attack with any real venom so we just blaze away in hope or pure pressure relief. Yesterday I counted 14 of our players in the defensive 50 and we had the ball.
The faster we scrap this experiment failed the faster we can start to build for the future or like I said last week, if we don’t we will alienate our future core leaders and be worse off than what we have been.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:01 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

sinbagger wrote:
Juddy&theKruezers wrote:

I don’t think that many of us thought we’d win a lot more games, bit I’d say most of us expected the effort and execution to be at least as good as last year. The last two games have been significantly worse than anything from last year.

And I’m watching the VFL right no and seeing all the same issues there too, they’re being absolutely smashed out of the middle and around the packs and their skill execution is abysmal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

True ... we have no tough players ... no animals ... and the kids are still lightweights ... think about it who do we have that imposes themself on a game ... apart from Curnow we have no one else ... need one on every line at least ... hopefully future mids we draft or recruit have a bit of toughness about them ... oh and we’re lacking pace ... we look very slow especially in defence but also up forward when the ball goes to ground ...

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:04 pm 
Harry Vallence

Whilst the result wasn't great, I think the club has created a rod for its own back by saying that being young is no excuse. Reality is we are very young. Midfield is Sps, fisher, Kennedy, Dow and their tanks are not tuned for 4 qtrs at this stage. Losing Gibbs hasn't helped, which we knew.

Why not stick with the rhetoric of the last 2 years so expectations could be tempered. Yes the turn over of the list is huge and creating synergy is important, but that takes 1 to 2 years or maybe longer once the core talent is there.

Our midfield depth is shallow and we don't have enough across the board contributors. Skills are down, primarily because of confidence. You don't lose skills overnight, it's psychological.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:07 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

frank dardew wrote:
Good question Juddy thought natural development of Charlie Fisher Jack weitering et al would be enough to make us a better team

Another question is why are north and Brisbane performing much better than us presently when both were below us last year
Is it coach is it game plan is it development of players
Is it leadership on the field
Is it more mentally tough what is it

Frank those two teams have on field leaders ... Brisbane actually went and recruited one realizing the deficiency ... Brisbane also have some very talented kids but they won’t win many more than us as they are still developing ... we lack tough players ... must bring in via draft or recruitment players who can impose themselves physically when required ... Brown Hickmott Rice types etc ...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:10 pm 
Ken Hunter

grrofunger wrote:

Awesome sport. Been a Penguins fan since the nineties so have been very fortunate that they have been so good the last few years.

Possibility for a threepeat this year.

A garden to nurture and protect

#DopeThenStash

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:21 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Wangers wrote:
Whilst the result wasn't great, I think the club has created a rod for its own back by saying that being young is no excuse. Reality is we are very young. Midfield is Sps, fisher, Kennedy, Dow and their tanks are not tuned for 4 qtrs at this stage. Losing Gibbs hasn't helped, which we knew.

Why not stick with the rhetoric of the last 2 years so expectations could be tempered. Yes the turn over of the list is huge and creating synergy is important, but that takes 1 to 2 years or maybe longer once the core talent is there.

Our midfield depth is shallow and we don't have enough across the board contributors. Skills are down, primarily because of confidence. You don't lose skills overnight, it's psychological.
Because teams like the Gold coast are younger than us

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:49 pm 
Serge Silvagni

We had an interrupted preseason due to the resurfacing of Ikon park surface. It was mentioned to me just before the new year that some senior players were annoyed with the situation. They become frustrated with multiple training venues especially after Docherty busted his ACL to which some believe the crap surface we were training on played a part. It was mentioned by someone that we felt had the stringests of preseason and our fitness had been compromised because of the resurfacing that took place. The players had questioned why it wasn’t done earlier or towards the backend of the season and the track be ready for the start of preseason.

It’s not an excuse being made because the person who had said this said it just before the Christmas break.

But now I’m starting to think that our players are not as fit and are running out of puff much earlier into games.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:03 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

trublu wrote:
We had an interrupted preseason due to the resurfacing of Ikon park surface. It was mentioned to me just before the new year that some senior players were annoyed with the situation. They become frustrated with multiple training venues especially after Docherty busted his ACL to which some believe the crap surface we were training on played a part. It was mentioned by someone that we felt had the stringests of preseason and our fitness had been compromised because of the resurfacing that took place. The players had questioned why it wasn’t done earlier or towards the backend of the season and the track be ready for the start of preseason.

It’s not an excuse being made because the person who had said this said it just before the Christmas break.

But now I’m starting to think that our players are not as fit and are running out of puff much earlier into games.
Nah thats bullshit.
There is a stench coming out of the club that went through the AFLW now the seniors and the NB getting pumped by 20 goals.
It is more than new grass.
I have a sneaky suspicion it has something to do with either the Trigg dismissal or the hasty removal and trading of Gibbs.
But what ever it is in the coming weeks this club will explode if these sort of results keep happening

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:09 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Sydney Blue wrote:
trublu wrote:

Nah thats bullshit.
There is a stench coming out of the club that went through the AFLW now the seniors and the NB getting pumped by 20 goals.
It is more than new grass.
I have a sneaky suspicion it has something to do with either the Trigg dismissal or the hasty removal and trading of Gibbs.
But what ever it is in the coming weeks this club will explode if these sort of results keep happening

Has nothing to do with the removal of Trigg. Plenty were happy to see the back of him as he was full of s h i t when he spoke of unity..... he was very quick to throw many of his staff under the bus, single out people or pass the blame on to others. He was a pr!ck and He had to go.

As for the women’s team, Damien Keeping was the issue. He over complicated things. The same applies with several AFLW coaches.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next