Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:29 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:41 pm 
Rod Ashman

99prelim wrote:
Crippa wrote:
Polsen is small and light without the positives our other small light players have.
Doesn't have Fish's speed or willingness/ability to tackle
Doesn't have Cunningham's evasive skills and vision.
Doesn't have Murphy's ability to rack up high possessions.

And doesn't have enough games at AFL level for anybody to make a call on him

How many games have we given Graham, Kerridge, Lamb, Thomas?

Cunningham is showing signs because he's starting to believe he belongs in the team. All the attributes you claim Polson doesn't have are simply a function of his mentality and confidence

I will reserve my judgement on Polson for a while yet

Using that theory, and I agree with you, it’s then time to start putting games into Kerr and McKay. And they have to bring SOJ back ASAP. He gives more than others down there and at least has skills to use elsewhere.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:42 pm 
Craig Bradley

Pros:

At least we started the game with some intensity this week. And we fought the game out to the end.
Strangely enough, I thought we had a far bigger spread of players who made some contribution.
Cuningham was very encouraging. Flashes from SPS, Dow and Garlett.
Weitering wasn't great. But he was a lot better than the last 2 weeks.
Terrific efforts from Simmo, Kreuzer, Charlie and Casboult.
It's always much harder to make it when your Polson's height. But at least he's giving himself opportunities (even if he's not taking them).

Cons:

Relative inaccuracy. More scoring shots and Collingwood's inability to miss.
There's clearly something a little broken in our ability to defend at stoppages, inside defensive 50 and when the opposition is rebounding from our forward 50. Or to stop the opposition when they get a run on.
Jones continuing to zone off his opposition when playing on the last line.
The bizarre umpiring obsession with Brody Grundy tonight. Every poor bounce that favoured was waved on. Every poor bounce that didn't was recalled. Every time he made contact with our ruckman it was play on. Every time our ruckman made contact with him it was a free. :screwy: :banghead:
Mullett, Lamb and Wright couldn't get near it.
Another injury early in a game.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:44 pm 
Ken Hunter

More leading forwards please.

More players who can kick it to leading forwards please.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:46 pm 
Trevor Keogh

CK95 wrote:
Pros

- A few late wins to Weiters, hopefully helps his confidence
- Another massive effort from Cripps
- Garlett when he starts getting more of the ball will be very good

Cons

- Marchbank's injury. I know we would've lost regardless but any danger we can get through a game without losing a player early? :banghead:
- General lack of structure. The Haw/Geel Easter match is our annual early reminder of how far off we are
- So many passengers.
g

The game changed the second Marchy went off, and they couldn't adjust. Becoming our most important player .

Kreuz and Caz were good. Commentators reaction of Weitering struggling was over exaggerated I reckon. Jones was worse. And he got better as the game went. He will be fine. Commentators going on about Grundy , when Kreuz was just as good .

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:53 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Hard to win when you've only got 16 players.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:56 pm 
Ken Hunter

CK95 wrote:
Pros

Cons

- Marchbank's injury. I know we would've lost regardless but any danger we can get through a game without losing a player early? :banghead:
- General lack of structure. The Haw/Geel Easter match is our annual early reminder of how far off we are
- So many passengers.

A fact which cannot be tolerated.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:57 pm 
Serge Silvagni

The worst part is the lack of talent coming through and out lack of depth especially through the midfield. We clearly have the worst midfield in the league. We are still 2 more drafts before we put together a decent list.

And god forbid SOS drafts another 190cm+ player. We currently have 20 players who are 190cm + when we need a heap of smaller quicker players

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:01 am 
Bruce Doull

trublu wrote:
The worst part is the lack of talent coming through and out lack of depth especially through the midfield. We clearly have the worst midfield in the league. We are still 2 more drafts before we put together a decent list.

And god forbid SOS drafts another 190cm+ player. We currently have 20 players who are 190cm + when we need a heap of smaller quicker players

We get it...

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:02 am 
Harry Vallence

CK95 wrote:
Pros

Cons

- So many passengers.

I was thinking exactly that last week ....... We're way way behind

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:04 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

The disturbing thing was watching players turn up their toes and actually look like they'd stopped trying 10 minutes into the second quarter. 10 @#$%&! goals in a row. The self-belief and confidence are that brittle that as soon as the opposition comes at them, they collectively shit themselves and shift into self-preservation mode. No-one works for each other. There is no spirit or support for each other amongst the group.

Dow concerns me. I know he's only 3 games in but I can't help but feel that we once again became so focused on a player pre draft that we couldn't see what was in front of us. The greatest indicator for gun kids is their ability to nail goals when the opportunity presents. Dow's set shots are [REDACTED]. Then he gets it a half forward, beautiful side step then with the opening goal beckoning on the run from 40 shanks it horribly and lucks a fortune ends up with Charlie. Kids that are special and worthy of top 3 nail those and people sit up and take notice. That was his moment, and quite frankly, he looked like just another kid. He isn't special, but special is what we need.

He isn't the problem by any means and I am far from writing him off as being a good player. But I worry that he has no-one of his style of player to model his game on or to lead him.

Marc Murphy is worst captain to ever lead the club. He has zero presence. he has zero leadership qualities on a football field. He plays empty. devoid of passion. Football is a job. nothing more nothing less.

I am so gutted right now after the last fortnight. I actually wrote tonight that this club has broken me, and I still feel the same. I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. I can't see how we are going anywhere for the next 5 years or more. I know this whole post is insanely negative but I'm honestly broken tonight. 16 years of this shit is finally taking its toll. I can't do it anymore.

Last edited by The_Cranium on Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:04 am 
Ken Hunter

Went to the game and left at 3/4 time.
Green shoots. Blah Blah

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:08 am 
Bruce Doull

The_Cranium wrote:
The disturbing thing was watching players turn up their toes and actually look like they'd stopped trying 10 minutes into the second quarter. 10 @#$%&! goals in a row. The self-belief and confidence are that brittle that as soon as the opposition comes at them, they collectively shit themselves and shift into self-preservation mode. No-one works for each other. There is no spirit or support for each other amongst the group.

Marc Murphy is worst captain to ever lead the club. He has zero presence. he has zero leadership qualities on a football field. He plays empty. devoid of passion. Football is a job. nothing more nothing less.

Agree wholeheartily on these points, the others are a bit early to call.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:11 am 
Ken Hands

No way the club is going to drop Murphy. Too much loss of face.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:12 am 
Serge Silvagni

Donstuie wrote:
trublu wrote:

We get it...

Not sure many of you do.

And for those like me who have been saying it get shot down for stating the fact..... that we are poo. This club is a joke and will be until we have people in charge with some on idea taking the direction of this club with both hands and lead us to the ultimate success.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:13 am 
John Nicholls

The_Cranium wrote:

Dow concerns me. I know he's only 3 games in but I can't help but feel that we once again became so focused on a player pre draft that we couldn't see what was in front of us. The greatest indicator for gun kids is their ability to nail goals when the opportunity presents. Dow's set shots are [REDACTED]. Then he gets it a half forward, beautiful side step then with the opening goal beckoning on the run from 40 shanks it horribly and lucks a fortune ends up with Charlie. Kids that are special and worthy of top 3 nail those and people sit up and take notice. That was his moment, and quite frankly, he looked like just another kid. He isn't special, but special is what we need.

He isn't the problem by any means and I am far from writing him off as being a good player. But I worry that he has no-one of his style of player to model his game on or to lead him.

I am so gutted right now after the last fortnight. I actually wrote tonight that this club has broken me, and I still feel the same. I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. I can't see how we are going anywhere for the next 5 years or more. I know this whole post is insanely negative but I'm honestly broken tonight. 16 years of this shit is finally taking its toll. I can't do it anymore.

There are many who see it just like that. Leaders deal in hope, hard to see that at the moment. We lack these key elements - skill, belief and leadership. Without that there is not much to hope for.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:16 am 
Bruce Doull

trublu wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
trublu wrote:

We get it...

Not sure many of you do.

And for those like me who have been saying it get shot down for stating the fact..... that we are poo. This club is a joke and will be until we have people in charge with some on idea taking the direction of this club with both hands and lead us to the ultimate success.

No....we get it...

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:17 am 
Serge Silvagni

Donstuie wrote:
trublu wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
trublu wrote:

We get it...

Not sure many of you do.

No....we get it...

I hope you do. I really do because some of you are embarrassing yourselves

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:26 am 
Bruce Doull

trublu wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
trublu wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
trublu wrote:

We get it...

Not sure many of you do.

No....we get it...

I hope you do. I really do because some of you are embarrassing yourselves

I think we probably differ in our opinion of who is embarrassing themselves.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:30 am 
Bruce Doull

I just hope that the frustration shown by Cripps, Weitering and Curnow tonight is less the “@#$%&! this shit, I’m outta here” type and more of the “if you guys won’t pull your finger out, I will” type.

Horrible feeling it’s the former though.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:38 am 
Ken Hunter

Donstuie wrote:
I just hope that the frustration shown by Cripps, Weitering and Curnow tonight is less the “@#$%&! this shit, I’m outta here” type and more of the “if you guys won’t pull your finger out, I will” type.

Horrible feeling it’s the former though.

That is the worry. Cripps and Charlie both come out of contract next year. Unless there are signs of improvement I would not blame them for wanting out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next