Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 7:39 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:30 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

trublu wrote:
The tigers should have won by plenty. They didn’t kick straight.
The pies kicked 10 straight against us. That’s a smacking.

So the Tigers should have won by more had they kicked straight.
And Collingwood should have won by more, even though they kicked much straighter than us.
The logic is fascinating. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:51 pm 
Geoff Southby

Blue Vain wrote:
FMD, listen to you negative old farts.
Yes we've been disappointing the past 2 games but we haven't been smashed. It just shows up our lack of midfield depth. Kreuzer obviously wasn't right but credit to him for putting his hand up. Same with Kennedy.

The season still has a long way to go and we'll get quite a few wins. Once we can get Lang and a fit Kennedy helping Cripps, our midfield will have a bit more substance to it.
As for Bolton continuing to play a zone defence, so he should. Every club plays a zone and a press.

Our forward line is obviously still killing us (as it has for a number of years now)
We had 55 Inside 50's and they had 41 rebound 50's. So whenever we press up and the ball exits our forward line, our players are all off their players. But we have to persist.
We require more forward line pressure and it will help us retain the ball inside 50. That extra pressure will effect the kick and it will be kicked to where we have the numbers.
Bolton is obviously trying different players there but we just don't have the cattle yet. But going back to one of one footy when we have the ball will set us back years. We have to persist in developing the players in the modern game.

Yes it's shit to sit back and watch but we have to be patient. Bolton has lost his 2 best players from last year (Gibbs and Docherty). It's going to hurt us. But in the long term, we're building for a premiership.

I admire the club for finally having the guts to rebuild properly instead of the half arsed efforts of past years. It's up to the supporters now to show the courage to stick with them.

This.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:51 pm 
Geoff Southby

Blue Vain wrote:
The club came out honestly and said it was a 66 game rebuild. I admire them for having the courage to see it through.
We're 44 games in.

We'll probably have 3 picks in the top 25 of the best draft in many years. Then the rebuild will be complete. Until then, I'll be happy to see improvement in the younger players. Charlie and Marchbank are stars already. Fisher is looking like he'll be top end talent and SPS, Dow, O'Brien are top 10 picks just starting out.
We're just carrying too many passengers at the moment. Polson, Dow, and SPS, they're not really earning their spots but we're getting games into them. Just like we did Fisher last year and he's showing the benefits.

Yes, maybe the positive outlook is wash, rinse, repeat SB but I'd rather take the positive approach than whinge and sook without offering decent solutions. Anyone can point out problems.
We'll still win 6+ games this year IMO and we'll do it blooding the kids. That's looking after the future of the club instead of shitting ourselves and playing for today.

And this.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:53 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Blue Vain wrote:
trublu wrote:
The tigers should have won by plenty. They didn’t kick straight.
The pies kicked 10 straight against us. That’s a smacking.

So the Tigers should have won by more had they kicked straight.
And Collingwood should have won by more, even though they kicked much straighter than us.
The logic is fascinating. :lol:

Where did I say they should win by more? And thanks for reading my posts and replying.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:37 pm 
Bruce Doull

Blue Vain wrote:
The club came out honestly and said it was a 66 game rebuild. I admire them for having the courage to see it through.
We're 44 games in.

We'll probably have 3 picks in the top 25 of the best draft in many years. Then the rebuild will be complete. Until then, I'll be happy to see improvement in the younger players. Charlie and Marchbank are stars already. Fisher is looking like he'll be top end talent and SPS, Dow, O'Brien are top 10 picks just starting out.
We're just carrying too many passengers at the moment. Polson, Dow, and SPS, they're not really earning their spots but we're getting games into them. Just like we did Fisher last year and he's showing the benefits.

Yes, maybe the positive outlook is wash, rinse, repeat SB but I'd rather take the positive approach than whinge and sook without offering decent solutions. Anyone can point out problems.
We'll still win 6+ games this year IMO and we'll do it blooding the kids. That's looking after the future of the club instead of shitting ourselves and playing for today.

I hope you’re right.

For me the frustration is that the past two weeks have been so insipid against poor teams we should still be ahead of, and that if wins don’t come in this first batch of games, we could go into the second half of the year winless.

Then when adding it to the AFLW debacle, and today’s VFL result, it’s hard to not see a pattern of something seriously wrong at the club.

Hopefully it’s just a bump in the road, but right now it looks like a bit of a dark pit.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:39 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:

We'll probably have 3 picks in the top 25 of the best draft in many years. Then the rebuild will be complete.

Are you hoping that the Bulldogs finish in the bottom six or are we trading out another senior player to ensure we get that third pick in the top 25?

And I forgot we swapped our second rounder with the crows - so how will our rebuild be complete, will there be senior bodies mids with those picks?

:?

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:21 pm 
Bob Chitty

Logical as usual BV.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:26 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mots87 wrote:
Logical as usual BV.

I think you mean “magical” not “logical” because the only way we are going to have three picks in the top 25 is by trading with 3 “magical” beans.

:lol:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:29 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

AGRO wrote:
Mots87 wrote:
Logical as usual BV.

I think you mean “magical” not “logical” because the only way we are going to have three picks in the top 25 is by trading with 3 “magical” beans.

:lol:
Voss?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:33 pm 
Harry Vallence

AGRO wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

We'll probably have 3 picks in the top 25 of the best draft in many years. Then the rebuild will be complete.

Are you hoping that the Bulldogs finish in the bottom six or are we trading out another senior player to ensure we get that third pick in the top 25?

And I forgot we swapped our second rounder with the crows - so how will our rebuild be complete, will there be senior bodies mids with those picks?

No sweat. The AFL will finally give us that concession pick if we continue in this fashion.

Beginning of 2nd round would be ok.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:39 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Rod Waddell wrote:
AGRO wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

No sweat. The AFL will finally give us that concession pick if we continue in this fashion.

We could finish bottom with zero wins and we’d get no concession pick from the AFL.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:53 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

AGRO wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

Yes I expect the Bulldogs to finish bottom 6 and yes, I expect another senior player to go.
And yes, there will definitely be ready made midfielders.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:14 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
AGRO wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

........and yes, I expect another senior player to go.

You expecting Casboult to kick 40+ this year.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:21 pm 
Harry Vallence

Rod Waddell wrote:
AGRO wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

Yep agree , the AFL will have no choice if our poor performances continue. Pick 19 of 20 in this draft equates to a soild footballer and I'm hoping our 1st is Jake Lukosuis.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:37 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

aboynamedsue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Yes we've been disappointing the past 2 games but we haven't been smashed. It just shows up our lack of midfield depth. Kreuzer obviously wasn't right but credit to him for putting his hand up. Same with Kennedy.

The season still has a long way to go and we'll get quite a few wins. Once we can get Lang and a fit Kennedy helping Cripps, our midfield will have a bit more substance to it.
As for Bolton continuing to play a zone defence, so he should. Every club plays a zone and a press.

Our forward line is obviously still killing us (as it has for a number of years now)
We had 55 Inside 50's and they had 41 rebound 50's. So whenever we press up and the ball exits our forward line, our players are all off their players. But we have to persist.
We require more forward line pressure and it will help us retain the ball inside 50. That extra pressure will effect the kick and it will be kicked to where we have the numbers.
Bolton is obviously trying different players there but we just don't have the cattle yet. But going back to one of one footy when we have the ball will set us back years. We have to persist in developing the players in the modern game.

Yes it's shit to sit back and watch but we have to be patient. Bolton has lost his 2 best players from last year (Gibbs and Docherty). It's going to hurt us. But in the long term, we're building for a premiership.

I admire the club for finally having the guts to rebuild properly instead of the half arsed efforts of past years. It's up to the supporters now to show the courage to stick with them.

This.

Appreciate your input BV.

Just on the forward line. Our entries are diabolical. Either the long bomb pretty much direct to the opposition numbers or the hack/grubber kick forward. No chance of keeping it in when the entries are like that.

What are we actually trying to do? I don’t see any system.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:40 am 
Harry Vallence

GWS wrote:
I’m flying to Canberra for an Audreys gig.

No interest in the game at all.

half your luck - I fell in love with Tash at Bluesfest in 2012 have seen them in Hobart about three times since

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:40 am 
Bob Chitty

Rexy wrote:
I don’t think Murph and Thomas are good for our young players

My opinion of Thomas this season is slowly changing. If I block out how bad he has been the last couple of seasons and just look at the 3 games this season I think he's been in our top 10 and is showing a good example of effort and team orientated things.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:46 am 
Bob Chitty

Sydney Blue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

Wash rinse repeat.
Same post as last week and it will be the same next week.
You can't keep churning a dozen plus players a year and keep blaming the players.
BV what would you have done when Buckley moved Treloar to Jones
Or how would you shaken the Pendles tag on Cripps.
Who should have been on Sidebottom.
It unfolds before your eyes and the numb nuts in the coaches box do nothing

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Another way of saying "wash, rinse, repeat" is to say BV has a glass half full attitude with an eye on the big picture rather than a week to week changing opinion of throwing the baby out with the bath water. Nothing wrong with that.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:53 am 
Bob Chitty

trublu wrote:
The tigers should have win by 12+ goals

The pies kicked 10 straight against us. That’s a smashing.

Kangas by 94 points

The Tigers didn't. A big part of why is how we played.

The Pies kicked 9 of the 10 from the 22 minutes mark of the 1st (the moment Marchy hobbled off) to the 20 minute mark of the second. So yeah. We got smashed for a quarter of footy. Which is enough to ensure a loss for sure, but to say the 24 point loss was a smashing is a matter of opinion. Not fact and certainly a glass half empty opinion at that.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think I've even been as mad after games as I have been after our last two. The skill errors are horrific and I'm not saying everything is ok. But we haven't been smashed.

The Northern Blues on the other hand....... :hitcomputer:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:08 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Crippa wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

Wash rinse repeat.
Same post as last week and it will be the same next week.
You can't keep churning a dozen plus players a year and keep blaming the players.
BV what would you have done when Buckley moved Treloar to Jones
Or how would you shaken the Pendles tag on Cripps.
Who should have been on Sidebottom.
It unfolds before your eyes and the numb nuts in the coaches box do nothing

Another way of saying "wash, rinse, repeat" is to say BV has a glass half full attitude with an eye on the big picture rather than a week to week changing opinion of throwing the baby out with the bath water. Nothing wrong with that.
To have an eye on the big picture there first must be a picture to look at.
There is nothing that suggests this team as a team is progressing.
Individual performance is not a measure of team performance
This team is not developing as a team

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next