Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 7:22 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:08 am 
Ken Hunter

Waite to kick 8 and put the final nail in the 2018 coffin.

Last edited by SurreyBlue on Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:35 am 
Bruce Doull

Ben Brown to kick 6

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:58 pm 
Geoff Southby

Wojee wrote:
I wonder which little known North player will kick a bag of 5 in a career best performance.

Billy Hartung

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:46 pm 
Craig Bradley

Hrovat to kick 5 we always let duds do it to us
Waite 4 Brown 5
Game over after brown kicks 3 in the first 3 over the back goals

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:36 pm 
Bruce Doull

Waite is guaranteed to kick a few if North get well on top, there’s a picture of him in the divtionary under flattrack bulky.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:35 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Higgins a lazy 4

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:13 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

FMD, listen to you negative old farts.
Yes we've been disappointing the past 2 games but we haven't been smashed. It just shows up our lack of midfield depth. Kreuzer obviously wasn't right but credit to him for putting his hand up. Same with Kennedy.

The season still has a long way to go and we'll get quite a few wins. Once we can get Lang and a fit Kennedy helping Cripps, our midfield will have a bit more substance to it.
As for Bolton continuing to play a zone defence, so he should. Every club plays a zone and a press.

Our forward line is obviously still killing us (as it has for a number of years now)
We had 55 Inside 50's and they had 41 rebound 50's. So whenever we press up and the ball exits our forward line, our players are all off their players. But we have to persist.
We require more forward line pressure and it will help us retain the ball inside 50. That extra pressure will effect the kick and it will be kicked to where we have the numbers.
Bolton is obviously trying different players there but we just don't have the cattle yet. But going back to one of one footy when we have the ball will set us back years. We have to persist in developing the players in the modern game.

Yes it's shit to sit back and watch but we have to be patient. Bolton has lost his 2 best players from last year (Gibbs and Docherty). It's going to hurt us. But in the long term, we're building for a premiership.

I admire the club for finally having the guts to rebuild properly instead of the half arsed efforts of past years. It's up to the supporters now to show the courage to stick with them.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:16 pm 
Rod Ashman

Age wrote:
North by 25

goals....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:21 pm 
Garry Crane

Out - Marchbank, Poulson, Mullet, Lamb
In - Jack, Kerridge, Macreadie and Kerr

Keep Garlett, Kerr, Casboult forward, Let Charlie play further up the ground to bring the ball into the 50

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:48 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
Yes we've been disappointing the past 2 games but we haven't been smashed. It just shows up our lack of midfield depth. Kreuzer obviously wasn't right but credit to him for putting his hand up. Same with Kennedy.

The season still has a long way to go and we'll get quite a few wins. Once we can get Lang and a fit Kennedy helping Cripps, our midfield will have a bit more substance to it.
As for Bolton continuing to play a zone defence, so he should. Every club plays a zone and a press.

Our forward line is obviously still killing us (as it has for a number of years now)
We had 55 Inside 50's and they had 41 rebound 50's. So whenever we press up and the ball exits our forward line, our players are all off their players. But we have to persist.
We require more forward line pressure and it will help us retain the ball inside 50. That extra pressure will effect the kick and it will be kicked to where we have the numbers.
Bolton is obviously trying different players there but we just don't have the cattle yet. But going back to one of one footy when we have the ball will set us back years. We have to persist in developing the players in the modern game.

Yes it's shit to sit back and watch but we have to be patient. Bolton has lost his 2 best players from last year (Gibbs and Docherty). It's going to hurt us. But in the long term, we're building for a premiership.

I admire the club for finally having the guts to rebuild properly instead of the half arsed efforts of past years. It's up to the supporters now to show the courage to stick with them.
Wash rinse repeat.
Same post as last week and it will be the same next week.
You can't keep churning a dozen plus players a year and keep blaming the players.
BV what would you have done when Buckley moved Treloar to Jones
Or how would you shaken the Pendles tag on Cripps.
Who should have been on Sidebottom.
It unfolds before your eyes and the numb nuts in the coaches box do nothing

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:19 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

The club came out honestly and said it was a 66 game rebuild. I admire them for having the courage to see it through.
We're 44 games in.

We'll probably have 3 picks in the top 25 of the best draft in many years. Then the rebuild will be complete. Until then, I'll be happy to see improvement in the younger players. Charlie and Marchbank are stars already. Fisher is looking like he'll be top end talent and SPS, Dow, O'Brien are top 10 picks just starting out.
We're just carrying too many passengers at the moment. Polson, Dow, and SPS, they're not really earning their spots but we're getting games into them. Just like we did Fisher last year and he's showing the benefits.

Yes, maybe the positive outlook is wash, rinse, repeat SB but I'd rather take the positive approach than whinge and sook without offering decent solutions. Anyone can point out problems.
We'll still win 6+ games this year IMO and we'll do it blooding the kids. That's looking after the future of the club instead of shitting ourselves and playing for today.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:25 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

I don’t think Murph and Thomas are good for our young players

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:26 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
The club came out honestly and said it was a 66 game rebuild. I admire them for having the courage to see it through.
We're 44 games in.

We'll probably have 3 picks in the top 25 of the best draft in many years. Then the rebuild will be complete. Until then, I'll be happy to see improvement in the younger players. Charlie and Marchbank are stars already. Fisher is looking like he'll be top end talent and SPS, Dow, O'Brien are top 10 picks just starting out.
We're just carrying too many passengers at the moment. Polson, Dow, and SPS, they're not really earning their spots but we're getting games into them. Just like we did Fisher last year and he's showing the benefits.

Yes, maybe the positive outlook is wash, rinse, repeat SB but I'd rather take the positive approach than whinge and sook without offering decent solutions. Anyone can point out problems.
We'll still win 6+ games this year IMO and we'll do it blooding the kids. That's looking after the future of the club instead of shitting ourselves and playing for today.
Northern Blues lost by 130 points today.
47 games into a 66 game rebuild this should not be happening.
There are no good signs in this rabble

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:41 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

Blue Vain wrote:

:clap:

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:42 pm 
Rod Ashman

Sydney Blue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
We're 44 games in.

Northern Blues lost by 130 points today.
47 games into a 66 game rebuild this should not be happening.
There are no good signs in this rabble

We have no depth because we traded it out to fund the rebuild, or we sacked them.

It's frustrating to watch but we have to hang in, we've got no choice.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:15 pm 
Serge Silvagni

The tigers should have win by 12+ goals

The pies kicked 10 straight against us. That’s a smashing.

Kangas by 94 points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:19 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Yeah, coulda, shoulda, woulda.

Your predictions are predictable in one way. They're always @#$%&! wrong. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:20 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Blue Vain wrote:

The tigers should have won by plenty. They didn’t kick straight.
The pies kicked 10 straight against us. That’s a smacking.
We won’t win more than 4 games.
Kennedy won’t make a difference to our midfield. Sorry.
The top sides do not play zone defense. Swans and Crows defenders play shoulder to shoulder. Zone defense is old.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:20 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blue Vain wrote:
We're 44 games in.

Logical, rational

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:25 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Blue Vain wrote:
Yeah, coulda, shoulda, woulda.

Your predictions are predictable in one way. They're always @#$%&! wrong. :lol:

It’s nice to know you actually read them. :thanks:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next