Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:45 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:58 pm 
Ken Hunter

verbs wrote:
Don’t tell anyone, but I think we should try some sandpaper on the ball this game. Just quietly.

Imagine our goal kicking with the ball swinging ..... :yikes:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:50 am 
Bruce Comben

I would seriously love to see Kerr debut this week. He must've been one of the few shining lights in the NB annihalation. He kicked 3 goals. Surely the time is right for him.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:10 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Japjules wrote:
I would seriously love to see Kerr debut this week. He must've been one of the few shining lights in the NB annihalation. He kicked 3 goals. Surely the time is right for him.
What was the score when he kicked them?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:26 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

dane wrote:
Japjules wrote:

No one knows they ran out of numbers and slots on the score board

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:46 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

dane wrote:
Japjules wrote:
It was late, but to be fair, he was running up the ground all day to assist.
I think in the NBs thread I may have mentioned him at Half time, before we were completely blown away

Go you good things

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:47 pm 
Ken Hunter

A fair bit of rain forecast for Saturday. Might be the only thing that saves us from a flogging.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:59 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

kezza wrote:
A fair bit of rain forecast for Saturday. Might be the only thing that saves us from a flogging.
Even we can beat North.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:29 pm 
Rod Ashman

billc3 wrote:
dane wrote:
Japjules wrote:
It was late, but to be fair, he was running up the ground all day to assist.
I think in the NBs thread I may have mentioned him at Half time, before we were completely blown away

Go you good things

Noticed him in the first after a lead and mark lining up for goal.
Struggled to catch his breath within the allocated time, no surprise he pushed it wide.
Yo Yos up and down all day.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:51 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

kezza wrote:

Really Kezza?

You're one of, if not the the most passionate and committed diehard supporters on this site. Do you really believe North would give us a flogging without rain?
Yes we lost to Collingwood who blew us away with 9 consecutive goals but at least the boys showed some guts to get back into the game. We're 0-3 but in every one of those games we've had substantial periods where we dominated play but couldn't put the score on the board. We had every chance to get ourselves back into the game Friday night but we couldn't capitalise on our opportunities.

IMHO, rain will actually favour North, not us. Bigger bodies in the middle like Cunnington and Ziebell will benefit from the pace being out of the game.

As for floggings, I think too many of our supporters forget what a flogging is. 138 points against Hawthorn in Malthouses last year. 10 losses by more than 10 goals! With a much older side.
If we're whinging about a 4 goal loss (where we had more scoring shots and more inside 50's) as a flogging and reason for half the posters here to be sooking it up, we're obviously on the right track IMO.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:11 pm 
Ken Hunter

Blue Vain wrote:
kezza wrote:

Really Kezza?

You're one of, if not the the most passionate and committed diehard supporters on this site. Do you really believe North would give us a flogging without rain?
Yes we lost to Collingwood who blew us away with 9 consecutive goals but at least the boys showed some guts to get back into the game. We're 0-3 but in every one of those games we've had substantial periods where we dominated play but couldn't put the score on the board. We had every chance to get ourselves back into the game Friday night but we couldn't capitalise on our opportunities.

IMHO, rain will actually favour North, not us. Bigger bodies in the middle like Cunnington and Ziebell will benefit from the pace being out of the game.

As for floggings, I think too many of our supporters forget what a flogging is. 138 points against Hawthorn in Malthouses last year. 10 losses by more than 10 goals! With a much older side.
If we're whinging about a 4 goal loss (where we had more scoring shots and more inside 50's) as a flogging and reason for half the posters here to be sooking it up, we're obviously on the right track IMO.

Ten, I believe.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:12 pm 
Robert Walls

Marchbank is out for a month.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:08 pm 
Ken Hunter

Blue Vain wrote:
kezza wrote:

Really Kezza?

I do think we will get a flogging, especially with injuries to our back line.
But I will be there, as I always am. It softens the pain by not expecting to win, I guess we are all getting used to it now.

Last edited by kezza on Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:03 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

If we have depth anywhere, it's in the backline. You'll enjoy being wrong!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:23 pm 
Robert Walls

B: Plowman - Jones - Simpson
HB: Cunningham - Weitering - J. Silvagni
C: Garlett - E. Curnow - Fisher
HF: Thomas - C. Curnow - Wright
F: Murphy - Casboult - Kennedy

R: Kreuzer - Kerridge - Cripps

INT: Dow - Mullett - SPS - Polson

IN: Kerridge, Silvagni
OUT: Marchbank, Lamb

Silvagni to play back and replace Marchbank but as a medium defender, not so much a loose defender. Will probably get the McDonald / Ziebell match-up when they're forward.
Murphy to play mostly forward. Kennedy to start forward each quarter before going on-ball late.
Kerridge in to play on ball all day, adding a big body to the rotations.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:54 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Rain would help us with the likely lack of marks for the tall forwards Waite/Brown...

But I agree, it would be a test for our mids

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:27 am 
Rod Ashman

Hobart area
Cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of rain in the morning and afternoon. Winds northwesterly 15 to 20 km/h tending northerly during the morning then turning west to northwesterly 15 to 25 km/h during the day.

All be over and done with by 7.25 ... :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:00 am 
Geoff Southby

Unfortunately, we don’t have enough good players in the 25-30 age bracket to cover our injuries.

I feel pretty upbeat about our long term direction but I think we can expect some more pain in the short term.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:40 am 
Bruce Doull

aboynamedsue wrote:
Unfortunately, we don’t have enough good players in the 25-30 age bracket to cover our injuries.

I feel pretty upbeat about our long term direction but I think we can expect some more pain in the short term.

You know what, I’m starting to approach #ECO status for this season. And it’s only round 4 FFS!

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:15 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Waite to kick a half dozen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:26 pm 
Bruce Doull

The lesbian pottery teacher will have a picnic

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next