Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:07 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:38 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Finally it's taking off. I knew you'd have my back ck

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:08 pm 
Laurie Kerr

:clap:
Blue Vain wrote:
FMD, listen to you negative old farts.
Yes we've been disappointing the past 2 games but we haven't been smashed. It just shows up our lack of midfield depth. Kreuzer obviously wasn't right but credit to him for putting his hand up. Same with Kennedy.

The season still has a long way to go and we'll get quite a few wins. Once we can get Lang and a fit Kennedy helping Cripps, our midfield will have a bit more substance to it.
As for Bolton continuing to play a zone defence, so he should. Every club plays a zone and a press.

Our forward line is obviously still killing us (as it has for a number of years now)
We had 55 Inside 50's and they had 41 rebound 50's. So whenever we press up and the ball exits our forward line, our players are all off their players. But we have to persist.
We require more forward line pressure and it will help us retain the ball inside 50. That extra pressure will effect the kick and it will be kicked to where we have the numbers.
Bolton is obviously trying different players there but we just don't have the cattle yet. But going back to one of one footy when we have the ball will set us back years. We have to persist in developing the players in the modern game.

Yes it's shit to sit back and watch but we have to be patient. Bolton has lost his 2 best players from last year (Gibbs and Docherty). It's going to hurt us. But in the long term, we're building for a premiership.

I admire the club for finally having the guts to rebuild properly instead of the half arsed efforts of past years. It's up to the supporters now to show the courage to stick with them.

:clap:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:48 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Blue Vain wrote:
FMD, listen to you negative old farts.
Yes we've been disappointing the past 2 games but we haven't been smashed. It just shows up our lack of midfield depth. Kreuzer obviously wasn't right but credit to him for putting his hand up. Same with Kennedy.

The season still has a long way to go and we'll get quite a few wins. Once we can get Lang and a fit Kennedy helping Cripps, our midfield will have a bit more substance to it.
As for Bolton continuing to play a zone defence, so he should. Every club plays a zone and a press.

Our forward line is obviously still killing us (as it has for a number of years now)
We had 55 Inside 50's and they had 41 rebound 50's.
So whenever we press up and the ball exits our forward line, our players are all off their players. But we have to persist.
We require more forward line pressure and it will help us retain the ball inside 50. That extra pressure will effect the kick and it will be kicked to where we have the numbers.
Bolton is obviously trying different players there but we just don't have the cattle yet. But going back to one of one footy when we have the ball will set us back years. We have to persist in developing the players in the modern game.

Yes it's shit to sit back and watch but we have to be patient. Bolton has lost his 2 best players from last year (Gibbs and Docherty). It's going to hurt us. But in the long term, we're building for a premiership.

I admire the club for finally having the guts to rebuild properly instead of the half arsed efforts of past years. It's up to the supporters now to show the courage to stick with them.

Suggests we need more marking power.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:53 pm 
Bruce Doull

Heavs wrote:
Finally it's taking off. I knew you'd have my back ck

Was one of the funniest things I've read on tc :lol:

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:54 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Vain wrote:

this isn't about our forwards - although we're lacking here. it's more about our woeful forward entries from midfield. 55 inside 50's but less than 10% of them have been quality ball. if we weren't mindlessly bombing it forward and being more precise with our inside 50's our real number would be half of that 55. also our rebounding 50's allowed would be a lot less.

that alone suggests the numbers are painting are much, much prettier picture than what the reality of our situation is. carlton do not pass the old eyeball test. they play disjointed, they lack fundamental skills. we don't have one single ambidextrous player on our list (murphy opting for an on-the-run banana off his right, rather than a regulation left-foot drop punt on goal last week says everything) and we are being out tackled and out run every game. these last two elements are a direct barometer of where our heads are at and where our belief in our coaching is at.

our effort is just not there and while we can forgive our lack of execution & skill, it's the obvious lack of effort which leaves most fans wondering what the hell is going on.

i love your optimism, bv. you are mostly realistic. where it all really falls down is:

3rd year along, as a supporter you want to see an upwards trajectory in our rebuild. both tactically & strategically from the coaches box and with on field results from the players executing.

we are seeing neither. to suggest the inclusion of lang and a fit kennedy will drastically alter our plot in life, is (imo) clutching at some serious straws.

our bottom 6 players are a league worst and barely deserve their afl contracts. last season, i can't recall too many games where our bottom 6 players stand out like they currently are.

there are so many steps backwards taken this season from last, it's not unreasonable to be frustrated or even livid with this mob running & coaching the club.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:19 am 
Rod Ashman

Braithy wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

this isn't about our forwards - although we're lacking here. it's more about our woeful forward entries from midfield. 55 inside 50's but less than 10% of them have been quality ball. if we weren't mindlessly bombing it forward and being more precise with our inside 50's our real number would be half of that 55. also our rebounding 50's allowed would be a lot less.

that alone suggests the numbers are painting are much, much prettier picture than what the reality of our situation is. carlton do not pass the old eyeball test. they play disjointed, they lack fundamental skills. we don't have one single ambidextrous player on our list (murphy opting for an on-the-run banana off his right, rather than a regulation left-foot drop punt on goal last week says everything) and we are being out tackled and out run every game. these last two elements are a direct barometer of where our heads are at and where our belief in our coaching is at.

our effort is just not there and while we can forgive our lack of execution & skill, it's the obvious lack of effort which leaves most fans wondering what the hell is going on.

i love your optimism, bv. you are mostly realistic. where it all really falls down is:

3rd year along, as a supporter you want to see an upwards trajectory in our rebuild. both tactically & strategically from the coaches box and with on field results from the players executing.

we are seeing neither. to suggest the inclusion of lang and a fit kennedy will drastically alter our plot in life, is (imo) clutching at some serious straws.

our bottom 6 players are a league worst and barely deserve their afl contracts. last season, i can't recall too many games where our bottom 6 players stand out like they currently are.

there are so many steps backwards taken this season from last, it's not unreasonable to be frustrated or even livid with this mob running & coaching the club.

well said braithy, not doom and gloom but we need some issues addressed

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:20 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Braithy wrote:

Who are the bottom 6?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:41 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:13 am 
Wayne Johnston

Blue Vain wrote:
Braithy wrote:

Who are the bottom 6?

How do we still have a the worst bottom six in the league when we’ve cleared out so many players in the last three years?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:23 am 
Robert Walls

Lowest 6 possession winners:

2018 rnd 3 - Lost to Collingwood by 24 points.
Jacob Weitering - 11
Liam Jones - 10
Jed Lamb - 9
Caleb Marchbank - 7
Aaron Mullett - 6
Cameron Polson - 5

2017 rnd 3 - Beat Essendon* by 15 points (in the extreme wet)
Jack Silvagni - 11
Caleb Marchbank - 10
Jacob Weitering - 10
Sam Kerridge - 8
Levi Casboult - 5
Harrison Macreadie - 5

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:31 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Sounds like O'Shea will be Marchbank's replacement going off Bolton's press conference.

Will continue to back Weitering in too which I was glad to hear.

Sounds like they want some continuity for McKay before they bring him in.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:37 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

GWS wrote:
Bottom 6 looks ok to me

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:52 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

sinbagger wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Braithy wrote:

Who are the bottom 6?

How do we still have a the worst bottom six in the league when we’ve cleared out so many players in the last three years?

i think we've gone too far with the rebuild. Dylan Buckley, i dare say was a cut above our current bottom 6. his speed, run & carry is something we're totally starved for.

our bottom 6. where do you really begin? it's a dynamic situation, with each game, someone new putting their hand up for recommendation. :lol:

Wright wouldn't make a single top 8 team forward line. yet he's our main scoring choice outside Charlie. he's not quick, agile or has any tricks. he just reads the play well to make up for his physical shortcoming. no need to look any further why teams can triple team charlie when there's so little around him to help contribute.

so far this season, my bottom 6 are:
Polson
Mullet
Plowman
lamb
byrne

and then any game one of this lot (on their current form) are well below par
jones
weitering
Dow
kennedy
wright
Jack sos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:01 pm 
Bruce Doull

Great presser from Bolts. The club needs more communicators like him.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:05 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Donstuie wrote:

Yeah it was good apart from the McKay stuff re 'continuity' which sounded a bit weak to me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:08 pm 
Bruce Doull

Rexy wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

Yeah it was good apart from the McKay stuff re 'continuity' which sounded a bit weak to me.

He probably wanted to get around saying “he just hasn’t been good enough”

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:08 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Braithy wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Braithy wrote:

Who are the bottom 6?

i think we've gone too far with the rebuild. Dylan Buckley, i dare say was a cut above our current bottom 6. his speed, run & carry is something we're totally starved for.

our bottom 6. where do you really begin? it's a dynamic situation, with each game, someone new putting their hand up for recommendation. :lol:

Wright wouldn't make a single top 8 team forward line. yet he's our main scoring choice outside Charlie. he's not quick, agile or has any tricks. he just reads the play well to make up for his physical shortcoming. no need to look any further why teams can triple team charlie when there's so little around him to help contribute.

Polson
Mullet
Plowman
lamb
byrne

jones
weitering
Dow
kennedy
wright
Jack sos

So you think if we got rid of Dow, Weitering and Kennedy no other team would pick them up?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:13 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Donstuie wrote:
Rexy wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

He probably wanted to get around saying “he just hasn’t been good enough”

Does he expect him to clunk a dozen marks and kick a bag of goals in a 130 point loss ?

Nothing to be gained playing him in that team.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:39 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Vain wrote:
Braithy wrote:

Who are the bottom 6?

and would they be such an issue if Docherty, Williamson, Pickett and Lang had been available all year? Plus Byrne last week, Kreuzer and Kennedy the week before, now Marchbank.

There's more going on out there than just individual performances. Completely different game style to last year. We're sacrificing results to learn a more attacking style of ball movement and forward pressure compared to having two men behind the ball like the last few years.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:37 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

sinbagger wrote:
Braithy wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Braithy wrote:

Who are the bottom 6?

Polson
Mullet
Plowman
lamb
byrne

jones
weitering
Dow
kennedy
wright
Jack sos

So you think if we got rid of Dow, Weitering and Kennedy no other team would pick them up?

of course they would, that's why they were in my second group. players who are good, and healthy, but have been well below afl standard 3 weeks into the season. the first group are just dire, and are a case of SOS clearing out the deadwood from last year's list, only to create a bigger deadwood problem. ie i'd take Buckley over all 5 of them bcos he at least has a burst and offers some run and carry.

i'm not even sure what your line of questioning is about here. if you're happy with their output and where the team is at. power to you.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next