Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:25 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:45 am 
Bruce Doull

rhys87 wrote:
Rexy wrote:
Hope Stephensens performance last night is a bit of an inspiration to our young guys. Play with belief and confidence and have no fear.

I wrote something similar in the other thread though I think the team around Stephenson helped him alot last night. Unfortunately we rarely do that for our young players

Agreed. It’s another one of those passive things we’ve been known for the past few years.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:01 pm 
Ken Hands

Fantastic to see my beloved blue boys playing at bellerive , hopefully it is only a one off because that will mean that we are further up the ladder than our current position but sadly I think that is still a couple of years away, will be happy to see them here next year as well, need to have clean skills as turnovers will kill us here, weather here at the moment is overcast and a bit breezy but I think the rain might hold off , play straight down the guts at bellerive and push them wide in defence, go blues , blues by 15 points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:01 pm 
Ken Hands

Fantastic to see my beloved blue boys playing at bellerive , hopefully it is only a one off because that will mean that we are further up the ladder than our current position but sadly I think that is still a couple of years away, will be happy to see them here next year as well, need to have clean skills as turnovers will kill us here, weather here at the moment is overcast and a bit breezy but I think the rain might hold off , play straight down the guts at bellerive and push them wide in defence, go blues , blues by 15 points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:52 pm 
Geoff Southby

smithy wrote:
Adam Chatfield wrote:
smithy wrote:
Adam Chatfield wrote:
99prelim wrote:
I assume LOB has played two blinders for the NBs and earned his call up?

Cannot see the sense in dropping Polson? Scapegoat!!!

Time to rest Dow. He is getting rag dolled at stoppages

Polson is miles off the pace, just looks like a guy not up to AFL level.

Looks like every other 3rd gamer, who struggles early. Some clubs continue to play them anyway and low and behold they become good players.
We are not those clubs. But yeah lets stick with the recycled cast offs and pretend we are rebuilding. Because it's been working so well.

No.

Polson has shown no sign of anything at AFL level.

Just because he’s young doesn’t mean he will magically develop into a good player.

He has nothing which Indicates that he will be able to cut it at AFL level, not now or ever.

If you keep playing Polson you may as well play Le Bois

Nonsense, remember having the exact same conversation last year on this site about Fisher. Watched them both play numerous times before being drafted; probably before you had even heard of either, if not for injury Polson would have been top 20 in his draft.

I saw good in fisher straight away just needed to bulk up a bit. Others may not have agreed but I was a Fisher fan from the start

I’m not sure what strengths Polson actually has from what I’ve seen (admittedly it’s only been for Carlton not at lower levels)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:45 pm 
Geoff Southby

Rexy wrote:
Hope Stephensens performance last night is a bit of an inspiration to our young guys. Play with belief and confidence and have no fear.

Yep ! thats what I'm trying' to say Rex.Make a name for yourself so.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:18 pm 
Bob Chitty

Adam Chatfield wrote:
smithy wrote:
Adam Chatfield wrote:
smithy wrote:
Adam Chatfield wrote:

Polson is miles off the pace, just looks like a guy not up to AFL level.

Looks like every other 3rd gamer, who struggles early. Some clubs continue to play them anyway and low and behold they become good players.
We are not those clubs. But yeah lets stick with the recycled cast offs and pretend we are rebuilding. Because it's been working so well.

No.

Polson has shown no sign of anything at AFL level.

Just because he’s young doesn’t mean he will magically develop into a good player.

He has nothing which Indicates that he will be able to cut it at AFL level, not now or ever.

If you keep playing Polson you may as well play Le Bois

Nonsense, remember having the exact same conversation last year on this site about Fisher. Watched them both play numerous times before being drafted; probably before you had even heard of either, if not for injury Polson would have been top 20 in his draft.

I saw good in fisher straight away just needed to bulk up a bit. Others may not have agreed but I was a Fisher fan from the start

I’m not sure what strengths Polson actually has from what I’ve seen (admittedly it’s only been for Carlton not at lower levels)

I'm the same. I saw good things in Fish from his very first game but I don't personally see much in Polsen. Of course my opinion is nothing compared to that of professional recruiters and coaches who clearly see something.

I've got all the time in the world for people who see something in him and I'd love to hear it but it's a waste of time saying Fish or Simo or others had quiet first few games so that means xyz re Polson. That doesn't really make sense to me.

Back to the point of the original post (which I had to delete above due to quote limits) I see a lot more upside in Dow and LOB than Polsen so I'm fine with the changes.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:19 pm 
Harry Vallence

Hmmm Thomas and Mullet named on the wings. :banghead: :banghead: , find a more ineffectual duo...I'll wait.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:26 pm 
Horrie Clover

windy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:40 pm 
formerly Army the Wonderkid

Polson was given a good opportunity last week and missed a whole heap of tackles and didn't nail the chances. Fair enough. WE're not a sideshow.

He's still young. HIs highlights reel was more about long running through midfield and kicking goals. Hopefull we'll see that in future.

As for tonight.... GO BLUES!

Can't wait to see Lochie..... another top 10 pick. Good height - still skinny. Long left. Hopefully a kick to a leading Casboult that Casboult converts is on show tonight.

Otherwise I think we're a good show. Norf aint that good.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10