Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:40 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:21 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Not a surprising result. Those that actually watch other teams and don't live in the Carlton bubble could see this coming.

Lost Gibbs and Docherty from last year with no adequate replacement in today's team - look at the lack of class and experience in our midfield FFS.

Against a team who have plenty of talent on their list and now finally have a coach who has a clue.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:23 pm 
Robert Walls

We were putrid.

Skills and pressure were inexcusable at this level.

So so far from it it’s not funny

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:24 pm 
Harry Vallence

Effes wrote:
Not a surprising result. Those that actually watch other teams and don't live in the Carlton bubble could see this coming.

Lost Gibbs and Docherty from last year with no adequate replacement in today's team - look at the lack of class and experience in our midfield FFS.

Against a team who have plenty of talent on their list and now finally have a coach who has a clue.

As opposed to our coaching staff who have no f##### clue whatsoever.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:24 pm 
Ken Hunter

I'll try again.

Pros:

We outscored Lynch.

We didn't have to hear the updated version of the song.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:25 pm 
Bruce Doull

All the signs this week pointed to this. So @#$%&! predictable.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:25 pm 
Harry Vallence

Score and inside 50s equal.
67 a piece.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:26 pm 
Harry Vallence

Green shoots....yeah like f###, how about some mental toughness.

Ken Hunter

Effes wrote:

I'm assuming you tipped the Suns in any tipping contest you might be in?

If so, well done. They were always a chance.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

Stephen Silvagni

Murph and Daisy need to be gone before we move forward

Stephen Kernahan

I thought Zac and Samo were pretty good.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:27 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bluedog wrote:
Effes wrote:

I'm assuming you tipped the Suns in any tipping contest you might be in?

If so, well done. They were always a chance.

Yes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:28 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Rexy wrote:
Murph and Daisy need to be gone before we move forward

Yep

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:29 pm 
Harry Vallence

Serious doubts over team selection/ coaching/ mental approach and resilience now. Have skated by on low expectations for too long.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:30 pm 
John Nicholls

O'Shea, Mullet, Polson, Cunningham, Casboult, Lamb, Thomas... sorry to say this... Murphy.

Is anyone here surprised? Really?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:30 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Jonosc wrote:
trublu wrote:
Shame on all of you who were happy with lasts weeks performance and are happy with mediocre performances.

Watch our games with both eyes open and you’ll see what I’m seeing.

So give us the answers...

The first warning sign came when Bolton deviated from his defensive game plan to please the media and co who called us the boring blues. For me, we are not ready nor have enough quality players on the list to play a more offensive style of play. We lack, lack good decisions makers and we have porky skilled bolsters especially by foot.

By the looks of it today, our players looked lost dazed and confused out there and that’s because of the change of game plan that didn’t need to be changed just yet

Recruiting has been our problem. I don’t think SOS has done a good a job as most say to be honest. He has spent many tickets on 190cm + players when pace has been a problem for us for a long time.
How do you recruit a player like Mullet who’s been givemt the boot from a poor side.

Our midfield is poor. The depth in our midfield is poorer and we are a one pace.

My solution would be look at poaching a decenct recruiterto start with.

Last edited by trublu on Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:31 pm 
Craig Bradley

Most disappointed I've been since Bolton took over. 3rd year, no more excuse for that rubbish. Lack of workrate and urgency was so disappointed. Looked like we were still playing JLT with that effort.

Help too if our selection committee wasn't so dumb. WTF were they thinking.

Stephen Kernahan

Heavs wrote:
I thought Zac and Samo were pretty good.

Zac stood out with his disposal again, just need him to get more of it. SPS had a crack but butchered it a bit.

Harry Vallence

smithy wrote:
Green shoots....yeah like f###, how about some mental toughness.

Green Shots won’t thrive till we get rid of the weeds.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:33 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

Absolute garbage performance today with the usual symptoms that we are still yet to fix after how many years?
Overposessing the ball and poor disposal which more than not is resulting in turnovers
Not manning up (how many f**king years is this going to go on for)
Poor kicking to the shambles of a forward line that we have
Lackl of consistent marking forward
Poor selection of players by match committee (who needs a ruckman!)
Not moving the ball quick enough on when required.

Clearly it seems that Richmond made us look better than what we are with their poor kicking last week. I am finding it hard to see what teams that we will beat this year, given that Brisbane at least tried last week and that Gold Coast have moved forward whereas we are staying stagnant in the same error ridden and conservative mire that we have been in for how many years? But we aren't rebuilding are???

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:33 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

Absolute garbage performance today with the usual symptoms that we are still yet to fix after how many years?
Overposessing the ball and poor disposal which more than not is resulting in turnovers
Not manning up (how many f**king years is this going to go on for)
Poor kicking to the shambles of a forward line that we have
Lackl of consistent marking forward
Poor selection of players by match committee (who needs a ruckman!)
Not moving the ball quick enough on when required.

Clearly it seems that Richmond made us look better than what we are with their poor kicking last week. I am finding it hard to see what teams that we will beat this year, given that Brisbane at least tried last week and that Gold Coast have moved forward whereas we are staying stagnant in the same error ridden and conservative mire that we have been in for how many years? But we aren't rebuilding are???

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next