Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:09 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:37 pm 
Ken Hunter

CarltonClem wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
99prelim wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
99prelim wrote:

And on the topic of Weitering, if you want to weight 1 JLT game against 24 AFL games, that's your perorgative.

I would have thought that every post I submit on TC is my prerogative. Thanks for being so understanding. :thumbsup:

Regards Cazzesman

FWIW Cazz, I have no doubt your knowledge of Carlton is light years ahead of mine.

There's no need to be a smartarse just because someone challenges (I would've thought in a respectful manner) your opinion

Flattery will get you nowhere. Being a smartarse is subjective, but it is my prerogative should I choose to do so apparently.

Challange all you like, but if you really want to know what is going on with Carlton I would read what Blue Vain has to say and be done with it.

Regards Cazzesman

PS. Apparently respect needs to be earnt. Keep at it or block me. Whatever works for you.

With all due respect, this comes across as snide and arrogant, a bit Jack Elliott.

It does your argument or yourself no favours.

Not sure my chat with 99 has much to do with you clem but thanks for your thoughts.

I have no real argument. A few pages back I simply posted my in’s and outs for this week and 99 decided to take me to task with a few words I used.

I never instigated anything I simply responded. 99 took a bite and got a taste he wasn’t happy with.

So he has two choices. Block me or stop reading my posts. Simple really.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:11 pm 
Rod Ashman

Surprised by calls for O’Brien to be included. Many are lamenting our lack of consistency from round 1 to round 2. That consistency won’t improve by adding a first year player. Go too far with youth and we get results like th Port Adelaide thrashing of last year.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:53 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Apparently McKay and Silvagni went O in the twos.
I think Silvagni will come back at the earliest.
If McKay is ready he should have a decent run at it but I don't think Levi is the one to go. Maybe a role change for Curnow to the third tall?
Jack for whom? People are calling for Lamb to get the chop but he has a defensive forward role, to which he is better suited than Jack. Garlett has earned his place as has Wright. If it's a choice between Jack and McKay, who gets it?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:08 pm 
Robert Walls

Blue Sombrero wrote:
Apparently McKay and Silvagni went O in the twos.
I think Silvagni will come back at the earliest.
If McKay is ready he should have a decent run at it but I don't think Levi is the one to go. Maybe a role change for Curnow to the third tall?
Jack for whom? People are calling for Lamb to get the chop but he has a defensive forward role, to which he is better suited than Jack. Garlett has earned his place as has Wright. If it's a choice between Jack and McKay, who gets it?

I see what you did there

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:40 pm 
Ken Hunter

Instead of having defensive forwards, how about another attacking forward to support Charlie.
One that leads up to the ball carrier and even bothers with multiple leads. Having at least 2 for this week would be a start.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:01 pm 
Harry Vallence

Sheet, Didn't even realize Lamb had been playing, in a team that prides itself on applying very little physical pressure and "corralling" he certainly does his part. Still waiting for this coaching team to teach these players tackling intent instead of pausing, have seen players actually stop in their tracks to avoid laying a tackle. This began under Malthouse and still shows no sign of being rectified, poor coaching. Can't believe people want to drop one of the few players who can tackle - Polson. That two second year players Fish/Pol are among our best handful of tacklers is an indictment on the whole club.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:33 pm 
Rod Ashman

SurreyBlue wrote:
Instead of having defensive forwards, how about another attacking forward to support Charlie.
One that leads up to the ball carrier and even bothers with multiple leads. Having at least 2 for this week would be a start.

How about we coach all our forwards to play as forwards and attack when needed then when we haven't got the pill comes time to defend, or is that too old fashioned?
We have enough coach's to field their own team and they can't do the basics, no wonder players are so ~!@#$ up these days.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:43 pm 
Rod Ashman

smithy wrote:
Sheet, Didn't even realize Lamb had been playing, in a team that prides itself on applying very little physical pressure and "corralling" he certainly does his part. Still waiting for this coaching team to teach these players tackling intent instead of pausing, have seen players actually stop in their tracks to avoid laying a tackle. This began under Malthouse and still shows no sign of being rectified, poor coaching. Can't believe people want to drop one of the few players who can tackle - Polson. That two second year players Fish/Pol are among our best handful of tacklers is an indictment on the whole club.

Give it time smithy they will fall in line with the others soon enough.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:41 pm 
Ken Hunter

redback wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

How about we coach all our forwards to play as forwards and attack when needed then when we haven't got the pill comes time to defend, or is that too old fashioned?
We have enough coach's to field their own team and they can't do the basics, no wonder players are so ~!@#$ up these days.

Don’t be ridiculous, we are young team still learning. Green shoots remember.....let’s not overachieve all at once, 1 more for now is adequate ..... people are so impatiant.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:32 pm 
Ken Hunter

SurreyBlue wrote:
redback wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

Don’t be ridiculous, we are young team still learning. Green shoots remember.....let’s not overachieve all at once, 1 more for now is adequate ..... people are so impatiant.

I sometimes wonder if 'defensive forward' means not that good at attacking.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:52 am 
Rod Ashman

Just so I’m clear on the tone of this thread;

Defensive forward = bad
Midfielder with as many tackles as touches of the footy (Polson) = good

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:32 am 
Harry Vallence

cecil89 wrote:
Just so I’m clear on the tone of this thread;

Defensive forward = bad
Midfielder with as many tackles as touches of the footy (Polson) = good

Polson played the majority of his 73% TOG as a forward, so at least he did his job to apply pressure. Therefore your attempted strawman isn't going to fly.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:02 am 
Rod Ashman

Can we please stop attacking and being rude to each other?
Maybe we have a team cultural problem that extends beyond the players to the supporters as well.

I would hope everyone has the same objective in mind, albeit some may have diff timelines.
We all have different opinions of how to get there.
I’m pretty sure that none of us have a better understanding of our team or the strategy and none of us (or very few, just in case there are a couple of super coaches hiding amongst us) would be able to coach better than Bolton.

So, let’s just tone down the vitriol and accept that we have genuinely different views and this is a great forum to air them and get support or be challenged. But none of that needs to be nasty or personal.
Even with a bunch of stats and ‘evidence’ different people will draw different conclusions - it mostly boils down to our opinion, and most of that based on gut or our own biases.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:21 am 
Robert Walls

17th Premiership wrote:
Can we please stop attacking and being rude to each other?
Maybe we have a team cultural problem that extends beyond the players to the supporters as well.

I would hope everyone has the same objective in mind, albeit some may have diff timelines.
We all have different opinions of how to get there.
I’m pretty sure that none of us have a better understanding of our team or the strategy and none of us (or very few, just in case there are a couple of super coaches hiding amongst us) would be able to coach better than Bolton.

So, let’s just tone down the vitriol and accept that we have genuinely different views and this is a great forum to air them and get support or be challenged. But none of that needs to be nasty or personal.
Even with a bunch of stats and ‘evidence’ different people will draw different conclusions - it mostly boils down to our opinion, and most of that based on gut or our own biases.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:31 am 
Robert Walls

Bolton in his presser -

"Kruezer and Kennedy will play"
"Lang is not ready - we are waiting on his ankle"
"We want to play Weitering as a defender by and large"
"He (WEitering) can overthink at times, we're backing him in"
"Jack will play for the Northern Blues this weekend"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:55 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

does anyone else stab a puppy, throw a baby down the stairs and slam their penis in their deskside drawer every time Bolton uses the word "synergy" ..?

i can't be the only one.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:05 am 
Bruce Doull

Braithy wrote:
does anyone else stab a puppy, throw a baby down the stairs and slam their penis in their deskside drawer every time Bolton uses the word "synergy" ..?

i can't be the only one.

Um.... I hope you are :eek:

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:29 am 
Bruce Doull

redback wrote:
With orthodox easter combined with us and the gums not playing well good luck with that prediction mcc.
Half the supporters from each club are ethnic (are we still allowed to make that sort of generalization) and the other 1/4 of the gums are in jail or having a big night at the start of their weekend working cycle (and trying very hard to evade the authorities so they don't joint their family members in the joint)
on a separate note i hear the crime rate is down on last year, has the gums membership increased this year by any chance?

Ya know......

it just show's how clever the AFL are...you're not
generalizing Reddy...just stating fact...!

I'm not going to the game...I'm not going to church
either...but there would be many out there who would
have that dilemma...!

I expect more from the Scottish CEO...when you
consider that we gave him his country's name...
AND the Mc in McLachlan... !

racist prick....!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:00 pm 
Bruce Comben

After watching Bolton's presser I wouldn't be expecting too many changes. Kreuzer and Kennedy in Byrne out. Very likely noone else will come in.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:23 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Japjules wrote:
After watching Bolton's presser I wouldn't be expecting too many changes. Kreuzer and Kennedy in Byrne out. Very likely noone else will come in.

..mmm but one more out...

Anyway, at least Collingwood are in a no win situation

win - well that was expected, it was only a young inexperienced Carlton team
lose - ...sit back...relax and enjoy the show
:wink:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next