Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:20 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:06 pm 
Harry Vallence

99prelim wrote:
bmaurizio wrote:
trublu wrote:
Out: Byrne, Weitering, O’Shea
In: Kruezer, Kennedy, O’brien or
In: McKay, Dekoning, O’brien

If Kruezer and Kenennedy are not fit to play, then I like McKay DeKoning and O'Brien.

Have the AFL allowed us to have 3 ins for 2 outs?
Part of the equalisation commitment

I should have mentioned agreed with O'Shea omission too .

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:33 pm 
Ken Hunter

99prelim wrote:

And on the topic of Weitering, if you want to weight 1 JLT game against 24 AFL games, that's your perorgative.

I would have thought that every post I submit on TC is my prerogative. Thanks for being so understanding. :thumbsup:

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:52 am 
Robert Walls

Cazzesman wrote:
99prelim wrote:

And on the topic of Weitering, if you want to weight 1 JLT game against 24 AFL games, that's your perorgative.

I would have thought that every post I submit on TC is my prerogative. Thanks for being so understanding. :thumbsup:

Regards Cazzesman

FWIW Cazz, I have no doubt your knowledge of Carlton is light years ahead of mine.

There's no need to be a smartarse just because someone challenges (I would've thought in a respectful manner) your opinion

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:14 am 
Ken Hunter

99prelim wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
99prelim wrote:

Regards Cazzesman

FWIW Cazz, I have no doubt your knowledge of Carlton is light years ahead of mine.

There's no need to be a smartarse just because someone challenges (I would've thought in a respectful manner) your opinion

Flattery will get you nowhere. Being a smartarse is subjective, but it is my prerogative should I choose to do so apparently.

Challange all you like, but if you really want to know what is going on with Carlton I would read what Blue Vain has to say and be done with it.

Regards Cazzesman

PS. Apparently respect needs to be earnt. Keep at it or block me. Whatever works for you.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:00 am 
Bruce Doull

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
I thought Byrne was ok. One of few who tried to break the lines and move the ball quickly.

I have an issue with Byrne in this side at this stage of the year. I like the way he tries to break the lines, and please don't label me a 'Byrne hater', but I reckon he needs more time in the VFL. It takes a special talent to have never played our game before and have the ability to read the ball bounce and play well.

I was having a kick with my 7 & 9-year-old nephews who can watch the ball in the air and anticipate which way it will bounce when it lands. You can't teach that shit.

So I'd have Byrne out before anyone from last week.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:59 am 
Rod Ashman

We can't play Weitering, Jones and Marchback in the same back line. If Weitering survives this week Marchbank should be moved further up ground to be a link between back and forward. We need Jones who has all the attributes to be a productive FB for the gorillas and Weitering can use his judgement and interception as well as his defensive instincts.
This also ensures that we have two main focal point in the high and deep forward lines so any mark taken by Charlie/Casboult could be in a more damaging position and could introduce Kerr as he has all the attributes as a old fashion leading forward that would complement the other two. We have more run out of the back line and options going forward. The gums are not a big forward line to start off with so it's a stepping stone to a more rounded back line to introduce in this round.
If we bomb it in on our forward heads like in previous times Howe will have a field day so we need a leading forward and would love to see Kerr in the side, he would be quite a hand full for their spud back line.
There are a few of different outs and ins I could come up with but what i really want to see at the very least
out: O'shea, byrne, mullet, lamb (if he's just getting a game as a defensive forward then he/nor anyone else should be there just for that reason and he's not offering much else and simpsons dinky kicks
in: a ruckman, Kerr, (not Kerridge, not Graham) Schumacher, hopefully Kennedy, some clean hands, tenacity, team work

If we lose to these duds we might as well prepare for a long, frustrating, arduous season and Bolton will need to come under some scrutiny.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:29 pm 
formerly BlueRob

redback wrote:
We can't play Weitering, Jones and Marchback in the same back line. If Weitering survives this week Marchbank should be moved further up ground to be a link between back and forward. We need Jones who has all the attributes to be a productive FB for the gorillas and Weitering can use his judgement and interception as well as his defensive instincts.
This also ensures that we have two main focal point in the high and deep forward lines so any mark taken by Charlie/Casboult could be in a more damaging position and could introduce Kerr as he has all the attributes as a old fashion leading forward that would complement the other two. We have more run out of the back line and options going forward. The gums are not a big forward line to start off with so it's a stepping stone to a more rounded back line to introduce in this round.
If we bomb it in on our forward heads like in previous times Howe will have a field day so we need a leading forward and would love to see Kerr in the side, he would be quite a hand full for their spud back line.
There are a few of different outs and ins I could come up with but what i really want to see at the very least
out: O'shea, byrne, mullet, lamb (if he's just getting a game as a defensive forward then he/nor anyone else should be there just for that reason and he's not offering much else and simpsons dinky kicks
in: a ruckman, Kerr, (not Kerridge, not Graham) Schumacher, hopefully Kennedy, some clean hands, tenacity, team work

If we lose to these duds we might as well prepare for a long, frustrating, arduous season and Bolton will need to come under some scrutiny.

I tend to agree with your comments. IMO, too many list cloggers in the side. I would happily omit O'shea, Mullet and Lamb. I have grave doubts about Polson.

Weitering is completely cooked for some reason. I think I would let him get some confidence back in the Northern Blues.

By the way, hows Lang travelling? When will he be available?

If Kreuzer can't play I would bring in De Koning.

If Dow has another bad one I would give him a rest as well.

My Ins/Outs:

Out: O'shea, Mullet, Lamb, Polson, Weitering
In: Kreuzer, Kennedy, Silvagni, Kerridge, Schumacher

What I think Carlton will do:

Out: O'shea, Weitering, Polson
In: Kreuzer, Kennedy, Graham

Last edited by BigBlueWave on Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:52 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Tactics and selection aside, just hope this week that Bolton has addressed once and for all the players' approach to each game.

If this current group is allowed to continue the 'pick and choose' mentality that's dogged the team for too long then we're truly stuffed.

What can't be denied or defended last week was the players' lack of approach and preparation. Fumbles, shocking skills, lack of concentration, just not working hard enough.

This week has to be the start of a new attitude and approach... and it must be consistent going forward.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:18 pm 
Robert Walls

Cazzesman wrote:
99prelim wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
99prelim wrote:

Regards Cazzesman

Flattery will get you nowhere. Being a smartarse is subjective, but it is my prerogative should I choose to do so apparently.

Challange all you like, but if you really want to know what is going on with Carlton I would read what Blue Vain has to say about my posts and his thumbs ups emojis and the affirmation I crave from TC and be done with it.

Regards Cazzesman

PS. Apparently respect needs to be earnt. Keep at it or block me. Whatever works for you.

EFA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:24 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Play O’Brien in place of Byrne.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:59 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

B. Simpson Jones Plowman
HB. O'Shea Marchbank Cuningham
C. Garlett Silvagni Murphy Kennedy Fisher Dow Wright

F. Charlie McKay

R. Kreuzer Cripps SPS

I. Ed Levi Polson Thomas

In: Kreuzer Kennedy Silvagni McKay
Out: Byrne Weitering Lamb Mullett

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:38 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I'd go
Out: O'Shea, Jones, Byrne
In: Kreuzer, Kennedy, Silvagni, defensive pressure

Plowman Weitering Mullett
Cuningham Marchbank Simpson
SPS Cripps Murphy
Garlett Curnow Fisher
Silvagni Casboult Wright
Kreuzer Curnow Kennedy
Dow Thomas Lamb Polson

Tall enough in the back line to cover Collingwood's talls.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:18 pm 
Bruce Doull

Going to be hard work explaining the game to our exchange student if Carlton play like potatoes again.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:23 am 
Ken Hunter

Wojee wrote:
Going to be hard work explaining the game to our exchange student if Carlton play like potatoes again.

Less chance of that with Byrne out.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:33 am 
Adrian Gallagher

B: Plowman Jones Cuningham
HB: Mullett Marchbank Simpson
MID: E. Curnow Cripps Macreadie
HF: Murphy C. Curnow Fisher
F: Garlett Casboult Wright
FOL: Kreuzer Kennedy Petrevski-Seton
INT: Thomas Polson Lamb Dow

EMER: Kerridge, Phillips, J. Silvagni, McKay

In: Matthew Kreuzer, Matthew Kennedy
Out: Cam O’Shea, Ciaran Byrne

Last edited by BennyP30 on Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:13 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

MCC are predicating a Lock In for this Friday Night.

Channel 7 are going with the Commonwealth Games Lawn Bowls Final on 70 with the footy relegated to 7mate.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:37 am 
Rod Ashman

With orthodox easter combined with us and the gums not playing well good luck with that prediction mcc.
Half the supporters from each club are ethnic (are we still allowed to make that sort of generalization) and the other 1/4 of the gums are in jail or having a big night at the start of their weekend working cycle (and trying very hard to evade the authorities so they don't joint their family members in the joint)
on a separate note i hear the crime rate is down on last year, has the gums membership increased this year by any chance?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:41 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Cazzesman wrote:
99prelim wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
99prelim wrote:

Regards Cazzesman

Challange all you like, but if you really want to know what is going on with Carlton I would read what Blue Vain has to say and be done with it.

Regards Cazzesman

With all due respect, this comes across as snide and arrogant, a bit Jack Elliott.

It does your argument or yourself no favours.

- Igor Stravinsky

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:55 am 
Rod Ashman

Given Byrne is out injured and assuming Kruezer and Kennedy return I see 3 changes.
IN: Kruezer, Kennedy, Obrien

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:27 am 
John Nicholls

Another +1 for LoB to have a run instead of Thomas (polson to stay in)

Kennedy and Kreuzer to play if fit.

In a few weeks, when fit, Lang to come in for whichever of LoB or Polson are showing the least.

Persist with Weiters.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next