Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:43 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:46 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Waterman wrote:
Collingwood , the most overrated , over exposed , shite side in the AFL , every year we hear the same dribble about how good they are going to be , and every year we hear the same excuses when they loose , you would think they are the only team that gets injuries F/M, I hate these pricks , when they win it's how brilliant they are when they loose they come up with all the excuses possible , did I mention I hate these pricks GO BLUES !!!!

It’s everything we want Essendon* to be.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:11 pm 
Robert Walls

Rapt that Polson keeps his spot. We need to see him at AFL level more before making decisions about him. He had a go last week although he was scratchy and nervous. I can live with that

Need solid games from Casboult and Weitering otherwise SURELY it's time to give big Harry a go. Casboult did bugger all against Rich until he was forced into the ruck

Praying that Kruezer doesn't get back on the injury merry go round!!

Still think Pies will win by a 15-30 points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:36 pm 
Ken Hunter

Waterman wrote:
Collingwood , the most overrated , over exposed , shite side in the AFL , every year we hear the same dribble about how good they are going to be , and every year we hear the same excuses when they loose , you would think they are the only team that gets injuries F/M, I hate these pricks , when they win it's how brilliant they are when they loose they come up with all the excuses possible , did I mention I hate these pricks GO BLUES !!!!

:thumbsup:

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:44 pm 
Bruce Comben

Casboult's contract extension was greeted with some serious whoops of joy from relieved young forwards down at Carlton as he not only takes the biggest defender, he crashes packs and exposes his body to fearsome crunches to create spillage for small forwards. Charlie, Jack etc will continue to develop and show flair with big Levi in the team. His kicking at goal isn't as important as the straight lines he runs in when marking the ball.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:03 pm 
Ken Hunter

bluepoles wrote:
Casboult's contract extension was greeted with some serious whoops of joy from relieved young forwards down at Carlton as he not only takes the biggest defender, he crashes packs and exposes his body to fearsome crunches to create spillage for small forwards. Charlie, Jack etc will continue to develop and show flair with big Levi in the team. His kicking at goal isn't as important as the straight lines he runs in when marking the ball.

Well said. :clap: Please post more.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:52 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bluepoles wrote:

Amen to that.
There are some here who only count goals against Levi's game. he has always been much more than that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:56 am 
Robert Walls

bluepoles wrote:

Casboult was shopped around. Nobody wanted him. He got a reduced contract from what has been discussed.
He was woeful againt Rich when playing as a forward. Like others, he wasn't much better against GC.

While his contested marking is elite, his decision making is poor, his agility (even for a big man) is poor, his ruckwork is serviceable at best, his kicking has improved a bit but I still wouldn't trust him to kick the winning goal from 30-50m out directly in front

This bash and crash argument can only hold weight for so long. IMHO, his deficits outweigh his credits.

The biggest problem we have is that Kruezer (for some bizarre reason) plays poorly unless he's the number 1 ruckman. I can't explain it but it's the case. In an ideal world, Kruezer could share ruck duties with Lobbe or Philips (if fit) and do say 40% of game time playing forward/fwd 50 ruck. This just doesn't seem to work. Kruezer needs to know he's the top dog, ruckman wise

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:41 am 
formerly BlueRob

I reckon that the main reason we we so poor in attack last week was because we disrupted the forward structure by playing Casboult in the ruck. Having him there as a presence really makes things a whole lot easier for other forwards ... particularly Charlie. And he is a presence ... he has to be manned up because of his elite marking ability.
We need Casboult in the team and up forward. End of Story.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:25 am 
Wayne Johnston

bluepoles wrote:

We can't still be asked to believe this.

I wonder how every other team is coping without Levi Casboult ?

We need to start playing games without him in the team.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:53 am 
Harry Vallence

club29 wrote:

I wonder how every other team is coping without Levi Casboult ?

We need to start playing games without him in the team.

We might be a much better team when we have a key forward who can read the play better, kick better and mark as good as Levi. Unfortunately there is no-one within cooee of that on our list atm. Hopefully McKay will develop into the key forward we need, but that still appears to be a way off at present.

And if Kreuzer is injured in the near future, we are likely to have Phillips or Lobbe available for ruck and leave Levi up forward.
With Phillips, Lobbe and De Koning on our list as ruckman, it was unfortunate that the two more senior rucks were not available injured last week and De Koning probably too young and inexperienced.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:15 pm 
formerly Army the Wonderkid

So much pride on the line so early in the season. After a woeful Round 2 from all concerned - the selection, the fumbles, playing your key forward as a main ruck and having your key defender play 300m away from his opponent (play aggressively my butt - that's not attacking that's not understanding your position), we must make amends.

In ROund 1 we secured 7 goals from Charlie and Wright and we have to support these guys. Collingwood will play hard defence like Gold Coast and try to panic us but they only have 2 guns and no forward line to speak of so we should be well and truly in this.

forwards - please give each other space. Please.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:38 pm 
Robert Walls

O'shea into the emergencies in place of Jack

Anyone else smell a late change with either Kruez or Kennedy not getting up?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:51 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bluebo baggers wrote:

Please god no.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:08 pm 
Craig Bradley

What the -experiment with Oshea and selection horrible last week -dubbed him the new Simon White -if he plays he will absolutely be a Simon White and for some ridiculous reason like white cannot play forward or middle but club thought he could :banghead: - like white decision making very ordinary

surely there is some better or more promising young player than OShea who could play if they don't get up

I suppose its just going with general rule that as a club since 2012 we rarely win in April :garthp:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:14 pm 
Robert Walls

Donstuie wrote:
If Collingwood had any brains they’d rush Blair and Fasolo straight back in against us.

... I was just thinking the exact same thing.

Blair could play with a broken leg and a broken arm and he'd still kick 4 cheap goals on us and wave that ugly mouthguard around.

He must be devastated to be left out of the running for the Moran award.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:44 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

If Mason Cox clunks marks and kicks goals on us tonight I’ll spew up.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:18 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bluebo baggers wrote:

Since when was Jack an emergency?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:36 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Vain wrote:
bluebo baggers wrote:

Since when was Jack an emergency?

True, but Patrick Keane did tweet what bb wrote not long ago. Maybe it was meant to be the other way around.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:34 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

AGRO wrote:
If Mason Cox clunks marks and kicks goals on us tonight I’ll spew up.

Hello? Is that the Brad Moran knocking on the door??

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:43 pm 
Bruce Doull

Look....

I know we've come a long way...and we're
changing day to day...but please tell me...
where do the children play...?

kindest regards tommi

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next