Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:09 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:00 pm 
John Nicholls

Blues87 wrote:
GodisNavyBlue wrote:
Had another look at the game today.

Jeez, we were absolutely reamed by the umps in the second and third quarters. Anytime we were tackled in was holding the ball against us, anytime they were tackled no matter how much time they had or how they disposed of the ball it was a ball-up.

Not saying it would have necessarily made a difference to the end result but who knows what would have happened if we had into that last quarter a goal or two up.

I agree. Poor Matt Kennedy. He's just trying to be first to the footy as you should and consistently got punished for it. That's what frustrates me more than anything else about modern footy.

Totally agree. Takes away the desire to be first to the footy.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:49 am 
Bruce Doull

GodisNavyBlue wrote:
Had another look at the game today.

Jeez, we were absolutely reamed by the umps in the second and third quarters. Anytime we were tackled in was holding the ball against us, anytime they were tackled no matter how much time they had or how they disposed of the ball it was a ball-up.

Not saying it would have necessarily made a difference to the end result but who knows what would have happened if we had into that last quarter a goal or two up.

But da AFL sed we got 2 goals from rong desigionsssss!

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:11 am 
Horrie Clover

I try limit myself to one 'homer' piece each season. Have already blown through that after one round, but the contrast between how we lost to how Collingwood lost was too tempting to pass up... https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/mar/26/afl-history-repeats-for-collingwood-but-season-has-a-long-way-to-go

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:23 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

People's Elbow wrote:
I try limit myself to one 'homer' piece each season. Have already blown through that after one round, but the contrast between how we lost to how Collingwood lost was too tempting to pass up... https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/mar/26/afl-history-repeats-for-collingwood-but-season-has-a-long-way-to-go
:thumbsup:

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:20 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

AFLCA Votes

P Cripps 10
D Martin 7
K Simpson 6
Riewoldt 3
Butler 2
C Curnow 2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:43 pm 
Craig Bradley

Pretty good set of votes. Simmo had a huge influence on the game, especially early.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:52 pm 
Serge Silvagni

99prelim wrote:
trublu wrote:
Blueboy Benny wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
trublu wrote:
We should have lost that game by 10 goals or more.

We allowed a team to have 71 inside 50’s (AFL average is 51)
The tigers had 16 more scoring shots
28 scoring shots to 13 after quarter time
We kicked 7 goals from free kicks

If it weren’t for that first 5 minute goal blitz and the Tigers not kicking straight it would have been close to 100 points.

Are you trying to justify your embarrassing prediction from earlier in the week?
Once again, you are demonstrating that you have no idea about the game. You cant disregard our first 5 goals.
Going by your logic, if it weren't for Richmond kicking their goals we would have won by 80 points. :lol:

FMD, I read some stupid stuff from football supporters but we have more than our share of uninformed nuffies as well.

Actually Blue Vain, he's demonstrating - once again - what a complete peanut he is :donk:

Thanks for reading this peanuts posts to.

EFA

Thanks for reading this grammatically challenged peanut's posts too

thanks for taking the time out to read my posts.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:00 pm 
Horrie Clover

People's Elbow wrote:

this was a great read!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:21 pm 
John Nicholls

That first quarter was something to enjoy. Looking forward to more of that speed and skill this coming Saturday.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:35 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Effes wrote:
AFLCA Votes

P Cripps 10
D Martin 7
K Simpson 6
Riewoldt 3
Butler 2
C Curnow 2

One coach gave Martin 3 and Simmo 4. Big call.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:41 pm 
Harry Vallence

Pros

Curnow! Please keep him forward for the rest of the year with an occasional stint in the middle. Finally found a 50plus a year goal kicker.
Kreuz for the first half
Simmo played well but so he should he is the 7th defender
Cripps taken his game to another level but kicking still an issue.
Marchbank solid as always
Wright making himself a good career at Carlton
Gartlett actually surprised me for his first game back solid.

Cons

Daisy Thomas
Yep stats looked good and tries but being at the game Richmond left him by himself as though they wanted him to get the ball. The game stops when he has the ball either he tries a handball over the shoulder or a cute kick that floats off his boot because he is always under pressure with his lack of leg speed. Nothing happens!! His shot from the boundary a dribble kick outside 50 was a disgrace he is a player who has lost all physical attributes. Plenty of kids in front of him.

Lack of speed in the team with Cripps Kennedy and Thomas in the same side doesn't work. Kennedy looks painfully slow at times he needs to find a lot of the ball for him and Cripps to work in the future.

All for the new modern defensive structure of sitting 10-15metres in front of your opponent when defending but not when you are one on one with your opponent and he is in the goal square and the opposition is running with the ball just outside or on the 50m line with a simple kick over the top to him. We would have conceded 6-7 goals like this!
Jones and Weitering were caught doing this numerous times and probably not their fault as it looks like a coached structure. Jones needs to worry about beating his man first instead of trying to be an Alex Rance type. I'm a massive fan of Weitering but he looks like his confidence has left him. As a first year player he backed himself and was taking intercept makes against whoever now he has a punch first mentality where he is not attacking the ball in the air as hard as he used to now it's more like he's hoping to get a fist in.

SOS Only young and the first game of the year but he's the in-between size without leg speed needs to hit the scoreboard regularly to keep his place.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:47 pm 
John Nicholls

scottopee wrote:
Pros

Curnow! Please keep him forward for the rest of the year with an occasional stint in the middle. Finally found a 50plus a year goal kicker.
Kreuz for the first half

Cons

Daisy Thomas
Yep stats looked good and tries but being at the game Richmond left him by himself as though they wanted him to get the ball. The game stops when he has the ball either he tries a handball over the shoulder or a cute kick that floats off his boot because he is always under pressure with his lack of leg speed. Nothing happens!! His shot from the boundary a dribble kick outside 50 was a disgrace he is a player who has lost all physical attributes. Plenty of kids in front of him.

Lack of speed in the team with Cripps Kennedy and Thomas in the same side doesn't work. Kennedy looks painfully slow at times he needs to find a lot of the ball for him and Cripps to work in the future.

All for the new modern defensive structure of sitting 10-15metres in front of your opponent when defending but not when you are one on one with your opponent and he is in the goal square and the opposition is running with the ball just outside or on the 50m line with a simple kick over the top to him. We would have conceded 6-7 goals like this!
Jones and Weitering were caught doing this numerous times and probably not their fault as it looks like a coached structure. Jones needs to worry about beating his man first instead of trying to be an Alex Rance type. I'm a massive fan of Weitering but he looks like his confidence has left him. As a first year player he backed himself and was taking intercept makes against whoever now he has a punch first mentality where he is not attacking the ball in the air as hard as he used to now it's more like he's hoping to get a fist in.

SOS Only young and the first game of the year but he's the in-between size without leg speed needs to hit the scoreboard regularly to keep his place.

Re Daisy - having watched the game again, yes he did work hard and helped organise but totally agree re lack of speed and does not hurt the opposition. Would imagine Darcy Lang should take his place.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:52 pm 
Harry Vallence

scottopee wrote:
Pros

Kreuz for the first half

Cons

Daisy Thomas

Yeah I share the same concerns regarding our defensive set ups. I'm not a fan of our backline coaches at all. They have managed to deconstruct Jones especially; taking away his strengths. Both he and JW look confused sometimes; and why wouldn't you be if you are instructed to do stupid things like stand 20 meters off your man who is around the flank/50. Low and behold when a turnover or quick play happens they are caught out of position. I know they like to have us believe it's a super complicated structure lol but that is horsesh##, football isn't f##### rocket science. Don't overcomplicate it. KISS! It actually works. Seems to me these backline coaches are trying to justify their positions by overcomplicating things. It's not like that last man Jones/Weitering is going to be used or even should used to make space and take possession.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:15 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Effes wrote:
AFLCA Votes

P Cripps 10
D Martin 7
K Simpson 6
Riewoldt 3
Butler 2
C Curnow 2

Riewoldt seriously? I must have missed something.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:29 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Must have been the tunnelling on Jones.....

Finally watched the replay.... Confirmed what I thought.. A LOT of pushing in the back to make the ball come to ground. If the umps start paying these, it will genuinely be curtains for the tiges.

... and could not believe how many times I heard the commentators say 'could have won a free'.... Wow wee.... I was stunned

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:17 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Effes wrote:
AFLCA Votes

P Cripps 10
D Martin 7
K Simpson 6
Riewoldt 3
Butler 2
C Curnow 2

Riewoldt seriously? I must have missed something.

BB.
Gives five to Cripps, four Simmo, Three to Dusty. two to Curnow and one to Butler.
Other coach:
5 Cripps, 4 Dusty, raffles the rest.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:23 pm 
Harry Vallence

billc3 wrote:

Finally watched the replay.... Confirmed what I thought.. A LOT of pushing in the back to make the ball come to ground. If the umps start paying these, it will genuinely be curtains for the tiges.

... and could not believe how many times I heard the commentators say 'could have won a free'.... Wow wee.... I was stunned

Exactly. But the story became our goals from 50's smfh, when they did all the could in that late first/ second quarter to keep Richmond in the game. This f##### sport stinks to high heaven and those protected yellow maggots are the reason why. Yet we continually let them get away with it by not publicly savaging them; while that piece of #### Hardwick gets congrats from HQ instead of a fine :banghead: . We will never succeed until we hold these officials to account.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:10 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

smithy wrote:
billc3 wrote:

Exactly. But the story became our goals from 50's smfh, when they did all the could in that late first/ second quarter to keep Richmond in the game. This f##### sport stinks to high heaven and those protected yellow maggots are the reason why. Yet we continually let them get away with it by not publicly savaging them; while that piece of #### Hardwick gets congrats from HQ instead of a fine :banghead: . We will never succeed until we hold these officials to account.

Someone should say something.
Someone official? Probably not a good idea...The AFL gestapo will come down on us hard again.

BUT, what about a comedy skit, in gest :sly: from 3 comedians pointing out the incidents with footage or if that's not possible, just pointing out the actual time those incidents took place...and make fun of the situation ...in gest.

I think that's the way to go. Good idea? Yeah, Nah?

Comedy...light heartedness...in gest (sure)...but poignant....and unofficial.

This has been going on for too long...since Carlton players/ people were overtaken by Carlton haters in the media

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:39 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bondiblue wrote:
smithy wrote:
billc3 wrote:

Someone official? Probably not a good idea...The AFL gestapo will come down on us hard again.

BUT, what about a comedy skit, in gest :sly: from 3 comedians pointing out the incidents with footage or if that's not possible, just pointing out the actual time those incidents took place...and make fun of the situation ...in gest.

This has been going on for too long...since Carlton players/ people were overtaken by Carlton haters in the media

So kind of like Eddie making his really offensive point in a jokey/blokey way and finishing with the 'but at the end of the day we're all mates'. The damage is already done, your message is out there, mission accomplished.

We have a pretty high number of comedians who support us (Rozenbachs/Pang/Lee off the top of my head. Hughes if he counts). I reckon it could be a great idea.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:54 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
smithy wrote:
billc3 wrote:

Excellent idea :thumbsup:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next