Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:53 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:48 am 
Ken Hunter

Cheers Wookie.

Gee Fisher is a gem :thumbsup:

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:28 am 
Ken Hunter

The_Wookie wrote:

We will beat these impostors next time and we will win plenty of games this year. This team is growing....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:37 am 
Geoff Southby

When Dow, Fisher, Kennedy & SPS are able to stay in the game for longer we will have a pretty decent midfield. They will need a couple of seasons to build the fitness and strength needed.

In the meantime, Cripps is going to carry a massive load. I hope it doesn’t kill him.

It would be a massive bonus for us if Lang can step straight in and be a genuine mid.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:02 am 
Harry Vallence

If a player jumps into the back of an opponent, in an unrealistic attempt to mark, and not gets nowhere near touching the ball...isn't that a free to the player jumped on??

(asking for a friend)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:29 am 
John Nicholls

Wet Willie wrote:
If a player jumps into the back of an opponent, in an unrealistic attempt to mark, and not gets nowhere near touching the ball...isn't that a free to the player jumped on??

(asking for a friend)

Yes. Jones did that on Thursday night.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:47 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Cazzesman wrote:
Cheers Wookie.

Regards Cazzesman

Bit of unfamiliar territory for Carlton - a decent 2nd round draft pick,

:lol:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:56 am 
Ken Hunter

AGRO wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
Cheers Wookie.

Regards Cazzesman

Bit of unfamiliar territory for Carlton - a decent 2nd round draft pick,

A bit rough - players playing just this round at other clubs not incl. obvious top 10 picks, Jacobs, Grigg, Bell, Robinson, Jeff Garlett, E Betts, Holman, Gowers... :razz:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:07 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I think the only second rounder there is Grigg, so we did get one right after all, being a premiership player.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:44 pm 
Robert Walls

AGRO wrote:
99prelim wrote:

How far away is Patrick Kerr? Can we just gift him 2-3 games? After all, SOJ has been gifted about 20 of them just because of his lineage

The Kerr family has credentials in the lineage stakes too.

Except that we haven't seen him yet...mustn't be "ready"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:51 pm 
Robert Walls

kingkerna wrote:
99prelim wrote:
dane wrote:
SOJ was gifted his rising star nomination! Lineage must have done it!

Yeah he got it in 1 game. What's your point?
He was poor last night but he's had many poor games. Needs a spell in the ressies.
Let's see if and when that happens
Only one poor game this year. You do know how young he is, don't you?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You do know how many consecutive games he's played (as a pick 53) without being sent back to the VFL dont you?

Which then makes your argument about how 'young he is' even more flawed

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:27 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

Typical of emerging sides our physical condition gave way to their bigger more mature bodies and a group of players who have have played together for a long time and oh, they are the reigning premiers. Our brand of footy was very exciting at times and dare I say it reminiscent of those Hawthorn teams.

Having said that very disappointed with the turnovers from senior players like Simpson and Murphy, did Byrne break or lay a tackle? Some players like Lamb really need to do better by holding their tackles instead of letting players burst through. Weitering disappointing, on face value has a laconic look about him and lacks intensity, but that might be how it just looks?

Our second tier rucks need to come on in a hurry, its unreasonable to expect special K to last 22 games. Shame about Kennedy. Love Fisher and of course Charlie is a sensation. I guess we have to keep in mind that Weitering, Curnow, Fisher, SPS, Dow, Marchbank, Silvagni, Garlett, Kennedy are 21 or younger and in very early in their footy careers, we won't see their best for at least 2 seasons. We just have to be patient as much as that sucks.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:30 pm 
Geoff Southby

After SOJ's shocker I would be happy to give either Kerr or McKay a chance to show what they have for at least 3 consecutive games.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:32 pm 
Bob Chitty

What most pleased me was our aerial prowess with Cripps, Curnow, Marchbank and Jones all marking well in the contest. Along with Casboult and Kreuzer we have many options all over the ground which is a major strength.

Based on last night's game, if we'd had Docherty in for Weitering, Pickett in for Jack and Lang in for Lamb, and no injuries to Kreuzer or Kennedy, I'd say we'd have been a big chance of winning. We just needed that extra pace around the ground at times.

I thought Dow had a good first quarter but the intensity of the game got to him and he ran out of steam which is fair enough for a first gamer. His footy instincts are great so I have no concerns about how he'll develop. Same issue for SPS. He needs to find a way to stay more involved, he's so good with the ball in hand but he drifts out of games too often.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:39 pm 
Robert Walls

Teddy Hopkins wrote:
After SOJ's shocker I would be happy to give either Kerr or McKay a chance to show what they have for at least 3 consecutive games.

Agreed wholeheartedly

Let's start with Harry "he's still not ready" McKay

Then we'll move onto Patrick "has a long way to go before he's AFL ready" Kerr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:31 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Blueboy Benny wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
trublu wrote:
We should have lost that game by 10 goals or more.

We allowed a team to have 71 inside 50’s (AFL average is 51)
The tigers had 16 more scoring shots
28 scoring shots to 13 after quarter time
We kicked 7 goals from free kicks

If it weren’t for that first 5 minute goal blitz and the Tigers not kicking straight it would have been close to 100 points.

Are you trying to justify your embarrassing prediction from earlier in the week?
Once again, you are demonstrating that you have no idea about the game. You cant disregard our first 5 goals.
Going by your logic, if it weren't for Richmond kicking their goals we would have won by 80 points. :lol:

FMD, I read some stupid stuff from football supporters but we have more than our share of uninformed nuffies as well.

Actually Blue Vain, he's demonstrating - once again - what a complete peanut he is :donk:

Thanks for reading this peanuts posts to.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:48 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Thanks Wookie.
My weekly highlight package is your Carlton only highlights package.

There have been some great posts here since the game. The common thread seems to be that we are on the right tarck and (almost) nobody is in panic mode.
I really can't understand the Levi-bashing. He had a quiet first half during which time most of the goals were kicked by smaller players and not by bombing it long to a contest. He played well in the ruck when Kreuzer went down. I he weren't in the team, someone like Curnow or Jones would have been rucking and that would have completely upset the balance at one end of the ground. Plus he is good for 20-30 goals a year. He is far too valuable as a utility player to drop just yet.

Next week is a must win game. They have surprised us a couple of times in their short history but that has to stop. They are in disarray andif we are going to show anything this year, these are the sorts of games we have to win. Jones will have his work cut out. SOS should be doing some behind the scenes work on Lynch.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:08 am 
Robert Walls

trublu wrote:
Blueboy Benny wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
trublu wrote:
We should have lost that game by 10 goals or more.

We allowed a team to have 71 inside 50’s (AFL average is 51)
The tigers had 16 more scoring shots
28 scoring shots to 13 after quarter time
We kicked 7 goals from free kicks

If it weren’t for that first 5 minute goal blitz and the Tigers not kicking straight it would have been close to 100 points.

Are you trying to justify your embarrassing prediction from earlier in the week?
Once again, you are demonstrating that you have no idea about the game. You cant disregard our first 5 goals.
Going by your logic, if it weren't for Richmond kicking their goals we would have won by 80 points. :lol:

FMD, I read some stupid stuff from football supporters but we have more than our share of uninformed nuffies as well.

Actually Blue Vain, he's demonstrating - once again - what a complete peanut he is :donk:

Thanks for reading this peanuts posts to.

EFA

Thanks for reading this grammatically challenged peanut's posts too

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:48 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Had another look at the game today.

Jeez, we were absolutely reamed by the umps in the second and third quarters. Anytime we were tackled in was holding the ball against us, anytime they were tackled no matter how much time they had or how they disposed of the ball it was a ball-up.

Not saying it would have necessarily made a difference to the end result but who knows what would have happened if we had into that last quarter a goal or two up.

Than I used to, my love

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:10 pm 
formerly Army the Wonderkid

Really enjoyed this game.

They had more options are were more balance but geesh we looked impressive at times, and not just when we had a run on. NOt sure of average ages but we looked young across most lines and we looked impressive.

We were actually good to watch!

Go Blues!

ps with some distance from the game these days I must admit that I find it funny that any Carlton fans think the umps were against us for ROund 1.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:39 pm 
Bob Chitty

GodisNavyBlue wrote:
Had another look at the game today.

Jeez, we were absolutely reamed by the umps in the second and third quarters. Anytime we were tackled in was holding the ball against us, anytime they were tackled no matter how much time they had or how they disposed of the ball it was a ball-up.

Not saying it would have necessarily made a difference to the end result but who knows what would have happened if we had into that last quarter a goal or two up.

I agree. Poor Matt Kennedy. He's just trying to be first to the footy as you should and consistently got punished for it. That's what frustrates me more than anything else about modern footy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next