Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:50 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:03 pm 
Harry Vallence

Heavs wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
smithy wrote:
billc3 wrote:
Must have been the tunnelling on Jones.....

Finally watched the replay.... Confirmed what I thought.. A LOT of pushing in the back to make the ball come to ground. If the umps start paying these, it will genuinely be curtains for the tiges.

... and could not believe how many times I heard the commentators say 'could have won a free'.... Wow wee.... I was stunned

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Exactly. But the story became our goals from 50's smfh, when they did all the could in that late first/ second quarter to keep Richmond in the game. This f##### sport stinks to high heaven and those protected yellow maggots are the reason why. Yet we continually let them get away with it by not publicly savaging them; while that piece of #### Hardwick gets congrats from HQ instead of a fine :banghead: . We will never succeed until we hold these officials to account.

Someone should say something.
Someone official? Probably not a good idea...The AFL gestapo will come down on us hard again.

BUT, what about a comedy skit, in gest :sly: from 3 comedians pointing out the incidents with footage or if that's not possible, just pointing out the actual time those incidents took place...and make fun of the situation ...in gest.

I think that's the way to go. Good idea? Yeah, Nah?

Comedy...light heartedness...in gest (sure)...but poignant....and unofficial.

This has been going on for too long...since Carlton players/ people were overtaken by Carlton haters in the media

So kind of like Eddie making his really offensive point in a jokey/blokey way and finishing with the 'but at the end of the day we're all mates'. The damage is already done, your message is out there, mission accomplished.

We have a pretty high number of comedians who support us (Rozenbachs/Pang/Lee off the top of my head. Hughes if he counts). I reckon it could be a great idea.

Yep, Sellers would be my choice. Sometimes last year on fox footy I swear he wanted to stab one of those media whores with his pen. Such a shame he didn't. I would pay good money to watch David King / Brian Tayor and co tortured on live television.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:29 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

smithy wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
smithy wrote:
billc3 wrote:

Finally watched the replay.... Confirmed what I thought.. A LOT of pushing in the back to make the ball come to ground. If the umps start paying these, it will genuinely be curtains for the tiges.

... and could not believe how many times I heard the commentators say 'could have won a free'.... Wow wee.... I was stunned

Exactly. But the story became our goals from 50's smfh, when they did all the could in that late first/ second quarter to keep Richmond in the game. This f##### sport stinks to high heaven and those protected yellow maggots are the reason why. Yet we continually let them get away with it by not publicly savaging them; while that piece of #### Hardwick gets congrats from HQ instead of a fine :banghead: . We will never succeed until we hold these officials to account.

Someone official? Probably not a good idea...The AFL gestapo will come down on us hard again.

BUT, what about a comedy skit, in gest :sly: from 3 comedians pointing out the incidents with footage or if that's not possible, just pointing out the actual time those incidents took place...and make fun of the situation ...in gest.

This has been going on for too long...since Carlton players/ people were overtaken by Carlton haters in the media

Excellent idea :thumbsup:

The recent Membership skit where the reference is made to Andy Lee's dad looking like MM...that type of forum.

Lets do it !

Do it. Do it. Do it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:30 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

smithy wrote:
Heavs wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
smithy wrote:
billc3 wrote:

So kind of like Eddie making his really offensive point in a jokey/blokey way and finishing with the 'but at the end of the day we're all mates'. The damage is already done, your message is out there, mission accomplished.

We have a pretty high number of comedians who support us (Rozenbachs/Pang/Lee off the top of my head. Hughes if he counts). I reckon it could be a great idea.

Yep, Sellers would be my choice. Sometimes last year on fox footy I swear he wanted to stab one of those media whores with his pen. Such a shame he didn't. I would pay good money to watch David King / Brian Tayor and co tortured on live television.

Sellers Sellers Sellers

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:30 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Juddy Juddy Juddy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:31 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Kerna owes us one too....public love him.

Kerna Kerna Kerna

Wallsy Wallsy Wallsy

DR-S
DR-S
Dr-S

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:54 pm 
Bruce Doull

Are you guys rehearsing for Nuffies On AFL Pages?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:40 pm 
Bruce Doull

I am confused.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:41 pm 
Ken Hunter

How good was that first ten minutes!!!

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:24 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Should have just given us the cup at that point

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:37 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

We were actually leading them in the last quarter. A team that hasn't lost a game at the G this year.
It's amazing what can be achieved when we have a reasonably fit, healthy team on the field.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:47 pm 
Craig Bradley

This game destroyed our season as we "got ahead of ourselves" and never recovered...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:33 am 
John Nicholls

Injuries destroyed our season.

But seriously, you can't look at the opening quarter of an AFL season and take much from it. The Tigers were slow out of the blocks. We got, what, 4 goals from that stupid protected zone rule.

When they got going we couldn't match them. Simples.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:34 am 
Ken Hunter

Yep, those first 5 goals went in and we were like, "green shoots sown, job done boys! Now let's try a zone..." :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:08 am 
Stephen Kernahan

robertbb wrote:
Injuries destroyed our season.

But seriously, you can't look at the opening quarter of an AFL season and take much from it. The Tigers were slow out of the blocks. We got, what, 4 goals from that stupid protected zone rule.

And they got at least 4 goals from free kicks as well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11