Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:39 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:30 am 
Bruce Doull

frank dardew wrote:
Agree with Jim no point playing well this week if we don't go on and methodically put GoldCoast away next weekend
Last years game against Gold Coast at etihad was almost the worst performance of the year we must learn from it
Get a good start like this week and keep the foot on the throat

This is the sort of game in previous years you could almost pencil in for a loss (as per last year).

We would go from pushing a contender, to drinking our own bathwater the next week against a lesser team, and getting embarrassed.

One of the most important things for this team's development is to start winning "the games we should win", and win them well. This game will be crucial.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:32 am 
Geoff Southby

If Kreuzer & Kennedy are unavailable-

Out: Kennedy (inj), Kreuzer (inj), SOJ
In: Cunningham, Kerridge, McKay.

McKay gets a game almost by default because Lobbe is injured and Phillips is underdone. Rowe still another week or so from resuming action.

I would play Casboult as first ruck, with McKay giving him a chop out.

I know Kerridge is not the long term answer but I think we need another strong body around the midfield. He did alright towards the end of last year, so I would give him the nod ahead of a Graham. Kerridge’s disposal is a worry but he is perhaps our best mature body option until we can have a look at Lang.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:35 am 
Bruce Doull

Also, we need to stop the supply to Lynch. The Beast can match him for physicality but if he's being delivered silver service we'll see a repeat of last year's game.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:57 am 
Vale 1953-2020

dannyboy wrote:
CK95 wrote:
He's
A
cauliflower

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:09 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Silvagni concerns me....too slow for his height....or conversely too tall for his pace

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:15 am 
Stephen Kernahan

aboynamedsue wrote:

McKay gets a game almost by default because Lobbe is injured and Phillips is underdone. Rowe still another week or so from resuming action.

TDK may go past both of them before the season's out. 6 marks in his first game against solid opposition is a good start.
SOJ had a very poor game (his turnover for a Richmond goal when we were 7 points down in the last quarter was a killer).
I'm not so sure about McKay though. His game sense in the JLT was pretty poor. I suspect Lobbe will pull up well from a corked thigh and he'll be good value as Kreuzers replacement.

I agree Cuningham should come in for Silvagni. I know SOJ wasn't terrible the week before but our forward line is too 1 dimensional with Lamb and Silvagni there. Cuningham in and push Garlett to deeper forward. Marchbank or Cuningham as the defensive wingman.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:02 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

- Cuningham in for Silvagni. He can play as a small defender to push Mullett further up the ground.

- If Kreuzer isn’t fit McKay comes in and Casboult can ruck.

- If Kennedy doesn’t pull up I think we have to put Kerridge in because we will need another big body around the ball. Hopefully Kennedy’s fine though as he’ll add great value to our team.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:11 pm 
John Nicholls

Blue Vain wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:

TDK may go past both of them before the season's out. 6 marks in his first game against solid opposition is a good start.
SOJ had a very poor game (his turnover for a Richmond goal when we were 7 points down in the last quarter was a killer).
I'm not so sure about McKay though. His game sense in the JLT was pretty poor. I suspect Lobbe will pull up well from a corked thigh and he'll be good value as Kreuzers replacement.

I agree Cuningham should come in for Silvagni. I know SOJ wasn't terrible the week before but our forward line is too 1 dimensional with Lamb and Silvagni there. Cuningham in and push Garlett to deeper forward. Marchbank or Cuningham as the defensive wingman.

High hopes for this young man.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:36 pm 
Geoff Southby

Blue Vain wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:

Defensive wingman/HF is Cunningham’s best position, IMO. I’m not sold on him as a BP/HB. I’d love to think he could establish himself as part of our centre square rotations, but I’m far from convinced it’s going to happen.

How would Marchbank go in the role SOJ has been playing? He’s no less mobile, a bit taller and probably equal or better endurance? It would mean we can leave Weitering at CHB.

Something like-

B: Simmo Jones Plowman
HB: Byrne Weitering Mullett
C: Cunningham Cripps Murphy
HF: Marchbank C Curnow Fisher Thomas
F: Wright McKay

R: Casboult E Curnow SPS

Inter: Dow, Garlett, Kerridge, Lamb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:42 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I'd rather Marchbank back and Weitering fwd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:10 pm 
Geoff Southby

The Suns might be a bit heavy in the legs after playing in the wwt in Cairns.
We’ll have to try to run them off their feet.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:00 am 
Harry Vallence

Effes wrote:
R2: Carlton Vs Gold Coast Pre Match Discussion
When watching on Thursday night, I felt Jack silvagni picked up a slight injury early. I would not drop him this week against gold coast

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Blue is the colour, Blue is our colourful conversation, football is the game, talking carlton is our aim, we're all together, we're all together, winning is our aim, arguing is a pain, let's debate for gain. .. .!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:10 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Out: Kennedy, Kreuzer (both injured?)
No point in decimating the team by dropping more players after a good tam performance last week, even though there are a couple who were down.

In: From Lang, Cunnngham, Kerridge, McKay

We can afford to play one fewer tall. Harry did what in the twos? I agree he should be in the seniors as soon as possible but instead of whom? It isn't just about playing kids. It never is. We have to put a balanced, competitive team on the park. Just getting games into the kids is secondary to getting wins into the kids and drip feeding the others in when they are ready.

Levi has played really well in Kreuzer's two extended absences from the field in the last two weeks. His bustle around the ground and his marking and (yes) his field kicking are all worthy. If we replace the two injured players with Cunningham and an inside mid, I don't think we lose anything.

The gnashing of teeth about Weitering is unwarranted. He is a class player and will be a star of the competition. It's up to the coaching staff to work out his exact role. He is versatile enough to play the sweeper instead of Simmo. He can play further up the ground. The GCS play taller so the backline will need to be taller. Lynch and Wright will be used more this week if the GCS have heavy legs.

We should play the same game we played on Thursday and get the points.

Hey, Taff, I thought you were a bit harsh on Thomas. He isn't the future for sure but he had a pretty serviceable game IMO. Plus got a bad run from the umps.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:59 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Blue Sombrero wrote:
Harry did what in the twos?

Yeah, not a lot.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:26 am 
formerly King Kenny

Blue Vain wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:

Yeah, not a lot.

Didn’t play apparently

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:50 am 
Bruce Doull

Happy for Harry to get a gig if there's a spot in there for him (swap for SOJ?), and he puts in a good effort on the track.

But he shouldn't get a game just because. We should be past the "Just play the kids" phase now.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:14 am 
Robert Walls

The Normal One wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:

Yeah, not a lot.

Didn’t play apparently

That's no excuse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:23 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

99prelim wrote:
The Normal One wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:

Yeah, not a lot.

Didn’t play apparently

That's no excuse

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:38 am 
John Nicholls

Blue Sombrero wrote:
Out: Kennedy, Kreuzer (both injured?)
No point in decimating the team by dropping more players after a good tam performance last week, even though there are a couple who were down.

In: From Lang, Cunnngham, Kerridge, McKay

We can afford to play one fewer tall. Harry did what in the twos? I agree he should be in the seniors as soon as possible but instead of whom? It isn't just about playing kids. It never is. We have to put a balanced, competitive team on the park. Just getting games into the kids is secondary to getting wins into the kids and drip feeding the others in when they are ready.

Levi has played really well in Kreuzer's two extended absences from the field in the last two weeks. His bustle around the ground and his marking and (yes) his field kicking are all worthy. If we replace the two injured players with Cunningham and an inside mid, I don't think we lose anything.

The gnashing of teeth about Weitering is unwarranted. He is a class player and will be a star of the competition. It's up to the coaching staff to work out his exact role. He is versatile enough to play the sweeper instead of Simmo. He can play further up the ground. The GCS play taller so the backline will need to be taller. Lynch and Wright will be used more this week if the GCS have heavy legs.

We should play the same game we played on Thursday and get the points.

Hey, Taff, I thought you were a bit harsh on Thomas. He isn't the future for sure but he had a pretty serviceable game IMO. Plus got a bad run from the umps.

Possibly BS, will be keen to see how he goes in the ensuing weeks. For his and the team's sake, I hope he is a major contributor.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:22 am 
Craig Bradley

99prelim wrote:
The Normal One wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:

Yeah, not a lot.

Didn’t play apparently

That's no excuse

:lol:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next