Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:16 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:53 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
I’ve got a feeling about Dow...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dow, Jones, reckon they'll be up and down a bit

Yes they tend to fluctuate, depending on variables within the field.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:28 am 
Robert Walls

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
I’ve got a feeling about Dow...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dow, Jones, reckon they'll be up and down a bit

:clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:15 pm 
Rod Ashman

I loved what I saw from Dow - esp that Judd-like burst out of centre and bullet pass to Levi (from his WC days & the kick was sharper than Judd...)

I think I saw what I needed to see from Harry to show he can deliver - what does everyone else think?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:13 pm 
Ken Hands

My only criticism of Jones is his punching technique.

He often swipes when he tries to spoil. That reduces the chances of getting the ball flush and increases the odds of a free kick against for taking the arms.

When you're reasonably placed and the flight of the ball is twoards you the best and surest method is to apply a fist straight ahead. Think B Doull.

The reason it so frustrating is that it is so obvious and so easy to correct. What do the coaches all do down there.

There was a contest in the 2nd Q when he was caught behind and didn't punch. Everyone knew it. They scored a goal. The very next arial contest a few minutes later he came through with a solid spoil but teh technique wasn't correct.

If he improves that area he's going to be a valuable asset going forward.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:29 pm 
Craig Bradley

Jones is an experienced player but a rookie defender. He has some howlers in him but the upside is >>>> than that. As someone in the thread called earlier, AA beckons.

Zac Fisher is definitely a green shoot that is starting to sprout.

Harry is a long term project for me. He reminds me of Josh Kennedy when he started with us. Could get his hands on the footy but not really hang on to his marks. He needs time in the team to build on that because physically he is a beast and he needs experience to learn what a devastating player he can become.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:36 pm 
John Nicholls

17th Premiership wrote:
I loved what I saw from Dow - esp that Judd-like burst out of centre and bullet pass to Levi (from his WC days & the kick was sharper than Judd...)

I think I saw what I needed to see from Harry to show he can deliver - what does everyone else think?

I wasn't as impressed with Harry. I know he's a tall and had a bit of time out with injury, but he has a lot of ground to make up. Weiters, Charlie and Zac (all drafted the same year) have showed us they belong... he has yet to.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:41 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

robertbb wrote:
17th Premiership wrote:

I wasn't as impressed with Harry. I know he's a tall and had a bit of time out with injury, but he has a lot of ground to make up. Weiters, Charlie and Zac (all drafted the same year) have showed us they belong... he has yet to.

They all 200cm key forwards?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:05 pm 
John James

Zac drafted the following year (2016)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:19 pm 
Harry Vallence

robertbb wrote:
17th Premiership wrote:

Its natural that he would be behind Weitering, C Curnow and Z Fisher as Harry has not played much footy at all due to injuries. Glimpses we have seen so far are promising. Hopefully he will play many more games this year.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:21 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

NTBlue wrote:
robertbb wrote:
17th Premiership wrote:

Its natural that he would be behind Weitering, C Curnow and Z Fisher as Harry has not played much footy at all due to injuries. Glimpses we have seen so far are promising. Hopefully he will play many more games this year.

How was that pack mark he took 3 deep over Levi :smoking:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:25 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Fish and Dow are our future Ablett jnr and Dangerfield.

Bookmark this post.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:34 pm 
Craig Bradley

Agree with your analysis BV - great to be back at PP live - lights simply not good enough- TV masked how inadequate they were - wind was tricky and VFL game was very low scoring and a lot less goals kicked

For the first time in ages put score on the board when we had the advantage - put scoreboard pressure on early - our use of the ball was certainly better than the Saints - particularly into the forward line but obviously second and third quarters struggled with this and also got beaten around the packs generally

Thought Kennedy Mullet Dow and Obrien ok for first up hit outs for club

Only JLT - but vet encouraging signs

Craig Bradley

Agree with your analysis BV - great to be back at PP live - lights simply not good enough- TV masked how inadequate they were - wind was tricky and VFL game was very low scoring and a lot less goals kicked

For the first time in ages put score on the board when we had the advantage - put scoreboard pressure on early - our use of the ball was certainly better than the Saints - particularly into the forward line but obviously second and third quarters struggled with this and also got beaten around the packs generally

Craig Bradley

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:48 pm 
Bob Chitty

frank dardew wrote:

Can't agree with this post as completely as your last 2 :wink:

O'Brien butchered a couple was my only concern on him, but anyone can do that. As for the lights I don't know how much that may be determined by the concessions that have to be made to local residents objections to lighting. Might not be as simple as the club not getting good enough lights.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:16 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

frank dardew wrote:

I reckon he's got a crush on you BV. Triple agreement!

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:24 pm 
Craig Bradley

Yes bromance and one of us BV is no good with the technology :smoking:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:32 pm 
Rod Ashman

Happy with the win!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:32 pm 
Bruce Comben

Thought Ed was really solid, blew out the cobwebs and back in the heat which he loves. Can't wait to see him snuff out Cotchin. Thought Jack either pulled up short on one chase-down he looked slow last night. When they played TAC, Wieters played ffwd as Harry was fback and Harry got the chocolates. He's a big part of the Blues future

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:29 pm 
Bert Deacon

ianh wrote:
frank dardew wrote:

Can't agree with this post as completely as your last 2 :wink:

O'Brien butchered a couple was my only concern on him, but anyone can do that. As for the lights I don't know how much that may be determined by the concessions that have to be made to local residents objections to lighting. Might not be as simple as the club not getting good enough lights.

I agree, I’m worried about OBrien, I was ify when we drafted him and even more so after his debut. Yes it’s one game but it’s not the amount he got it or even what he done with it that worries me, it’s that you could see he was bracing for contact in his first 3 or 4 opportunities resultingnit fumbles and turnovers. Determination & bravery can’t be taught has to be instinct.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next