Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:58 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:27 pm 
Bruce Doull

Sin City wrote:
Our midfield is screwed without Gibbs...

Dow, Kennedy and Fisher added to Cripps, Murphy, Curnow and SPS is a decent unit.

Good team performance tonight and still got Weitering, SPS and Williamson to come in.

Was very easy to forget about him.

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:38 pm 
Geoff Southby

Good first & last quarters. The middle quarters were a mixed bag.

I shouldn’t read too much into one JLT game, but the Saints looked ordinary.

Really nice synergy between our defenders. Marchbank, Plowman & Jones seemed to have a good understanding. I wonder where Weitering will play? Maybe Weitering goes forward and Charlie pushes up to a wing?

Pleasing first games in the Navy Blue jumper from Dow & Kennedy. Lock them in for round 1.

Cripps :cool:

Hopefully the Garlett injury is nothing serious.

Byrne did his chances of round 1 selection no harm whatsoever. Went past Mullett tonight IMO.

Aside from Cripps, is there another player we can ill-afford to lose to injury more than Kreuzer?!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:47 pm 
Bruce Doull

I’ve got a feeling about Dow...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:49 pm 
Geoff Southby

Sin City wrote:
Our midfield is screwed without Gibbs...

Dow, Kennedy and Fisher added to Cripps, Murphy, Curnow and SPS is a decent unit.

Potentially. I wouldn’t say we won the midfield battle tonight though. We were beaten in the stoppages. Our midfield has a long way to go before it can consistently match it with the better sides. And we’ll be in massive trouble if anything happens to Cripps or Kreuzer.

The midfield and forward lines are very much works in progress, IMO, but our backline is looking the goods....and that’s without Docherty & Weitering!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:58 pm 
Rod Ashman

Rexy wrote:
mullett done a couple of nice things late

showed a bit down back, but not much up forward?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:17 pm 
Craig Bradley

Pros:

Great to get a preseason win. First time in a while. Hopefully we'll enter the season with a little more confidence this year than the last 2.
Ball movement was pretty exciting at times, although there were some horrible turnovers.
We're a much better team when Cripps is playing.
Senior guys in Kreuzer, Simmo, Murph and Wright led the way.
Couple of mistakes, but Jones played a slashing game. Exciting to see last year's form continuing. He could genuinely become AA, the way he plays.
Dow was very exciting.
Really liked Kennedy's game. Fumbled a few marks he should have taken, but his contesting was excellent.
Best game I've seen from SOJ.
Very exciting game from Byrne. It's great to see he's regained fitness and confidence in his body.
Plowman and Marchbank were good, although there were periods in the 2nd half when too much was left to Jones.
Some of LOB's decision making was poor, but looked more settled the longer the game went.
Nice flashes from Fisher, Pickett, Harry and Garlett.

Cons:

Tackling pressure through midfield wasn't great. Too many slight bodies being brushed aside. Intent to tackle wasn't great either.
Continue to struggle with centre clearances.
Some of the staging/flopping forward for frees (Gresham, Hunter Clark, etc.) has started early.
Expected to see more from Mullett.
Lamb's ball-handling was poor.
Daisy's kicking was poor.
Cuningham improved as the game went on, but would have liked to see him make a stronger impression.

Hope we get to see Weiters and SPS next week.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:14 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Stefchook wrote:
Pros:

Great to get a preseason win. First time in a while. Hopefully we'll enter the season with a little more confidence this year than the last 2.
Ball movement was pretty exciting at times, although there were some horrible turnovers.
Couple of mistakes, but Jones played a slashing game. Exciting to see last year's form continuing. He could genuinely become AA, the way he plays.
Dow was very exciting.
Really liked Kennedy's game. Fumbled a few marks he should have taken, but his contesting was excellent.
Very exciting game from Byrne. It's great to see he's regained fitness and confidence in his body.
Plowman and Marchbank were good, although there were periods in the 2nd half when too much was left to Jones.
Some of LOB's decision making was poor, but looked more settled the longer the game went.

Cons:

Tackling pressure through midfield wasn't great. Too many slight bodies being brushed aside. Intent to tackle wasn't great either.
Some of the staging/flopping forward for frees (Gresham, Hunter Clark, etc.) has started early.
Cuningham improved as the game went on, but would have liked to see him make a stronger impression.

Cunningham's kicking leaves little margin for error. He belts it low and hard so if it isn't n target it is lost to us. Looks great when it works, though. He went OK.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:14 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Was it just me, or did a few Saints players look like they have had an off-season full of KFC family buckets?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:04 am 
Craig Bradley

Stefchook wrote:
Pros:

Dow was very exciting.

Cons:

You don't often see a real intent to tackle in JLT games. Actually went to a Geelong v Adelaide pre-season game a few years ago and you could see they were trying not to hurt each other. They worked on other aspects.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:06 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Love to see some highlights. Hopefully our man will deliver. Thanks for all the write-ups guys. Sounds very promising.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:11 am 
Stephen Kernahan

An enjoyable night at the game.
The commentators may have been whinging about the lighting but with good reason. The club has an opportunity to stamp the ground as a pre-season/AFLW venue and their efforts to light the ground are piss poor.

The wind was a significant factor in the game but the truth is, we played the conditions better. Kennedy didn't get a heap of it but he's a straight line, tough unit. He'll be great value.
I liked Cuningham in defence, he just needs to work on his one on one game. His disposal out of the back half will be a bonus. In fact, the defensive unit as a whole functioned well. Plowman seems to have a bit more muscle definition and he was very good. Marchbank is heart in the mouth stuff when he has the ball but his courage and rebound are first class.

Zac Fisher is quickly becoming my favourite player. Some of his handballs are absolutely elite.
Levi looked more relaxed with his kicking action. Kreuzer was excellent and his work up forward was a big improvement. We had more energy and buzz around the contest which applied reasonable pressure to the Saints.
Garlett will need time. He could have gone harder at a couple of contests and it stood out.

One of the Saints should get a holiday. The cameras didnt pick it up but one of them landed a decent punch to one of our players heads in the melee. If there's vision from the Pratt Stand side, he'll get a holiday.

Overall, an enjoyable night made all the better with a win.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:00 am 
Garry Crane

robertbb wrote:
What's the live streaming details for this match?

Foxtel is only $39 im happy to call you!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:06 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Rexy wrote:
Jack is so smart

Time and time again I called the same.

His Footy IQ is worth a spot in the 22.
He did stuff you'd expect 10 year elite players to be doing.

Im about to watch the replay...cant wait to watch that 1st Qtr again.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:11 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
An enjoyable night at the game.
The commentators may have been whinging about the lighting but with good reason. The club has an opportunity to stamp the ground as a pre-season/AFLW venue and their efforts to light the ground are piss poor.

The wind was a significant factor in the game but the truth is, we played the conditions better. Kennedy didn't get a heap of it but he's a straight line, tough unit. He'll be great value.
I liked Cuningham in defence, he just needs to work on his one on one game. His disposal out of the back half will be a bonus. In fact, the defensive unit as a whole functioned well. Plowman seems to have a bit more muscle definition and he was very good. Marchbank is heart in the mouth stuff when he has the ball but his courage and rebound are first class.

Zac Fisher is quickly becoming my favourite player. Some of his handballs are absolutely elite.
Levi looked more relaxed with his kicking action. Kreuzer was excellent and his work up forward was a big improvement. We had more energy and buzz around the contest which applied reasonable pressure to the Saints.
Garlett will need time. He could have gone harder at a couple of contests and it stood out.

One of the Saints should get a holiday. The cameras didnt pick it up but one of them landed a decent punch to one of our players heads in the melee. If there's vision from the Pratt Stand side, he'll get a holiday.

Overall, an enjoyable night made all the better with a win.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:12 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

bondiblue wrote:
Rexy wrote:
Jack is so smart

Time and time again I called the same.

His Footy IQ is worth a spot in the 22.
He did stuff you'd expect 10 year elite players to be doing.

Im about to watch the replay...cant wait to watch that 1st Qtr again.

Osmosis. :razz:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:19 am 
Bruce Doull

Short game highlights video from the AFL website.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2018-02-28/ ... v-st-kilda

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:18 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

that was fabulous!
omg Cripps.
Dow looks goooood.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:27 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Donstuie wrote:

Dow, Jones, reckon they'll be up and down a bit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:30 am 
John Nicholls

Great to have the footy back. Lots to like and with SPS and JW back next week we will give the Hawks a good run.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:31 am 
John Nicholls

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

Dow, Jones, reckon they'll be up and down a bit

:thumbsup:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next