Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:46 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:32 am 
Harry Vallence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6AWqiL9XBY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:43 am 
Bob Chitty

The_Wookie wrote:

Did you see the full "interview" with Jack? LOL! One commentator interviewing another commentator while the player stands there just listening? Great interview :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:33 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

AFLX has a place in the preseason. Just as I was told by Longmire, it doesn't resemble the game we play for keeps: the H&A season.

I thought Silvagni showed his smarts but not on the screen. He works and works and hustles and crashes to make space and create opportunities. I don't think our boys were quick of mind ( hopefully) on the night. Gotta take first option and move quickly.

Russian Roulette. Game needs a tweak for the purists. I really missed the physical side of the game: tackling shepherding bumping.

Pickett Fisher Dow real standouts
Kennedy looks good too but his kicking was off.
Kerridge is so smart, just wish his kicking was straighter. Hooks a bit.
Williamsons kicking was a bit off too. Good Zooper goal though.
Silvagni is a very smart footballer. Knows how to use his body and make space.
LeBois is really quick and really small. I see what they like about him.

TBH I can live without AFX. Good to see the boys in preseason.

Reminds me of the game my 9 yo plays in after school care with 3 a side.
This game will impact the spread of Aussie rules at schools, in the street and overseas.

Give me the big ground any day.
Cannot take much out of this display into the real season.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:09 am 
John Nicholls

Blue Sombrero wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
Taff wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
The international stream is on permanent buffer.
$189 usd well spent for the annual subscription.
The same happened last year and it took about six weeks before they could actually run a live stream with no issues.
Maybe there are more than six of us who want to watch it.
The AFL is a tiny tots organization compared with every other major sporting league I can think of.

Crap streaming here in Beijing Blue Sombrero.

Stream was good in Singapore.

Just logged back in to discover that the replays available don't include either Carlton game. Maybe the fact I called them a bunch of amateurs at Fox who can't even reproduce something a pirate streamer can do from his lounge room made them choke my team off.
Regardless, it reads as though I didn't miss much.

I noticed that as well. Odd.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:02 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Blue Sombrero wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
Taff wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
The same happened last year and it took about six weeks before they could actually run a live stream with no issues.
The AFL is a tiny tots organization compared with every other major sporting league I can think of.

Just logged back in to discover that the replays available don't include either Carlton game. Maybe the fact I called them a bunch of amateurs at Fox who can't even reproduce something a pirate streamer can do from his lounge room made them choke my team off.

Hmm, I see both no problem, both on my iPad app and iPhone app. I also set my app on my iPhone to auto download all Carlton games so I have offline versions of both games available too (I thought this was a really good feature and a sign that they are finally getting around to providing a decent service as good as we had a few years ago).

Are you using the website version? I haven’t tried that this year yet, only the app on iOS.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:07 pm 
Wayne Johnston

bondiblue wrote:
Game needs a tweak for the purists. I really missed the physical side of the game: tackling shepherding bumping.

Actually I think this is a good thing for its place in the pre-season, more physical will mean more injuries.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:53 pm 
John Nicholls

sinbagger wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
Taff wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:

Hmm, I see both no problem, both on my iPad app and iPhone app. I also set my app on my iPhone to auto download all Carlton games so I have offline versions of both games available too (I thought this was a really good feature and a sign that they are finally getting around to providing a decent service as good as we had a few years ago).

Are you using the website version? I haven’t tried that this year yet, only the app on iOS.

I prefer to watch it on a bigger screen so trying to use the web site.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:18 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Taff wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
Taff wrote:
[quote="Blue Sombrero"]The international stream is on permanent buffer.

I prefer to watch it on a bigger screen so trying to use the web site.[/quote]

I do the same, but I just stream from my iPad or iPhone to my TV via my Apple TV box. I also sometimes stream direct to the TV via android casting as my TV is a Sony “smart” tv with an Android OS (in reality more annoying than smart, why can’t you just buy good dumb tvs anymore?).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:10 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Carlton international membership is cheaper too.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:37 pm 
Bruce Doull

Donstuie wrote:
Looks like Norf had their best team out there.

Saw the sides ranked by games experience during the week. North lead the pack by a loooooong way.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:19 am 
Stephen Kernahan

sinbagger wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
Taff wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:

Yes. Both Windows edge and Chrome let me down.
I just checked and the Carlton games are there now if you select by team
I am seriously hoping the service is on deck for Rd1!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:56 pm 
Bruce Comben

I watched in person.

Unlucky to run up against North's A-Team. Apart from maybe Ziebell, they had their best unit out there, then in the next game, the played almost all kids. Still, our skill errors were terrible and although I liked Kennedy, I thought some of his kicking let us down. He did start like a train in that first game, however.

I'm tired/...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:21 pm 
Laurie Kerr

Wojee wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
Looks like Norf had their best team out there.

Saw the sides ranked by games experience during the week. North lead the pack by a loooooong way.

Could of sworn I heard Higgins of north say, it was good to see the kids play.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:28 pm 
John Nicholls

Had another look - liked the kids. Pickett is set for a great season as is Zac Fisher. Be great if LeBois has a strong start as he has much to offer. Mickey Mouse footy so not a fan, could serve a purpose to give the kids a taste.
Looking forward to the JLT game on the 28th.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:42 pm 
Bruce Doull

Crippa wrote:
The_Wookie wrote:

Did you see the full "interview" with Jack? LOL! One commentator interviewing another commentator while the player stands there just listening? Great interview :roll:

Yeah, that was piss weak from Ch7, but, y'know, what else should we expect?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:44 pm 
Bruce Doull

Anyway, I know this shouldn't be a surprise, but look at all the whinging after our games from a bunch of people who had declared AFLX was a load of shite before a game was even played. :lol:

bluebo baggers one of the few with some perspective. :thumbsup:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6