Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:40 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:03 am 
Harry Vallence

moshe25 wrote:
Rexy wrote:
I agree with Cornes that a Captain and Vice Captain is all that's needed. An 8 man 'leadership group' is ridiculous.
Right, that settles it then. Kane Cornes and Rexy think Leadership Groups are overrated. Never mind what the world's foremost experts in Leadership say.

Because a team once won a flag with only a captain and a vc.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:55 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/e ... d5a0fa951e

Patrick Cripps should be made captain at Carlton to lighten the load on Marc Murphy, writes Dermott Brereton

Quote:
Coming into this year, I thought he was an exceptionally good player.

But since watching him “in person” at three games, I have come to the conclusion that I have underestimated him.

Post subject: 2018 Leadership Group
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:30 am 
formerly King Kenny

I’m not sure you can go past Doc. Would have to be co-captains.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:38 am 
Vale 1953-2020

Effes wrote:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/expert-opinion/patrick-cripps-should-be-made-captain-at-carlton-to-lighten-to-load-on-marc-murphy-writes-dermott-brereton/news-story/96b520a19000771a6bd5d0d5a0fa951e

Patrick Cripps should be made captain at Carlton to lighten the load on Marc Murphy, writes Dermott Brereton

Quote:

But since watching him “in person” at three games, I have come to the conclusion that I have underestimated him.
Can you quote the whole article - it's paywalled.

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:17 am 
Bruce Doull

Three games!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:13 am 
Geoff Southby

moshe25 wrote:
Effes wrote:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/expert-opinion/patrick-cripps-should-be-made-captain-at-carlton-to-lighten-to-load-on-marc-murphy-writes-dermott-brereton/news-story/96b520a19000771a6bd5d0d5a0fa951e

Quote:

moshe, I know the Hun is right wing but buy it for the article. Well worth it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:53 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

Teddy Hopkins wrote:
moshe25 wrote:
Effes wrote:

Quote:

moshe, I know the Hun is right wing but buy it for the article. Well worth it.

If it was right wing, I might consider buying it for a laugh (like I watch Fox News). But atm, I wouldn't buy it to wrap fish - it's just a POS "newspaper" with hardly any redeeming features. Is Corinella still on the kids' page? I used to like that.

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:48 am 
Bob Chitty

i wouldnt mind reading the article either.

however, and it is no way a slight on Docherty ... but i think Cripps needs to be made Captain. He is everything a leader should be.

There was a play that involved Cripps handballing to Obrien, Obrien kick to Curnow, Curnow goal ... and what i took from that was the way that Cripps appluaded Obrien. Cripps who is all of 3 years older than Obrien but went out of his way to show him support for his good work.

A captain leads by example, takes the game on, gives his all, and only asks that his team mates work as hard as him ... Cripps should be captain.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:51 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

ScottSaunders2 wrote:

however, and it is no way a slight on Docherty ... but i think Cripps needs to be made Captain. He is everything a leader should be.

There was a play that involved Cripps handballing to Obrien, Obrien kick to Curnow, Curnow goal ... and what i took from that was the way that Cripps appluaded Obrien. Cripps who is all of 3 years older than Obrien but went out of his way to show him support for his good work.

A captain leads by example, takes the game on, gives his all, and only asks that his team mates work as hard as him ... Cripps should be captain.
Wouldn't bother Dermie bothered to get off his arse and actually go watch Cripps play for 3 games and suddenly realised how good he is.
So now he thinks he should be Captain.
I like Cripps dont kill him off by making him captain it wont make 1 iota of difference to how they play

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:56 am 
Bruce Doull

Sydney Blue wrote:
ScottSaunders2 wrote:

Wouldn't bother Dermie bothered to get off his arse and actually go watch Cripps play for 3 games and suddenly realised how good he is.
So now he thinks he should be Captain.
I like Cripps dont kill him off by making him captain it wont make 1 iota of difference to how they play

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Half of the article isn't even about Cripps.

Brereton wrote:
Carlton supporters and some scribes are starting to make noises about success and their impatience.

Honestly Blues supporters, just hold your horses.

If you can all pull the oars in the same direction and exercise the patience required, you will be rewarded.

You have for the first time, in a long time, a genuine crop of young talent at your club.

And Cripps is the natural born leader to take the Blues through to roughly 2025.

If Richmond is the leagues yardstick at the moment, learn from their “build” and the patience that they exercised.

The Tigers have four genuine stars, another six to eight players that are very, very good.

And then the lower end of the team comprises of players that play their role with what could best be described as precision efficiency.

Barring injury, (fingers crossed) there is no real reason why Jacob Weitering and Caleb Marchbank can’t be genuine stars of the competition as the best tandem key defenders after another 40 games experience.

That will take them up to the opening rounds of season 2020.

There is absolutely no reason why Charlie Curnow can’t be the best agile and mobile key forward in the comp in the same time frame.

Everything Jack Riewoldt does right now, Curnow has every bit of a chance to be his equal at least.

Paddy Dow has shown in the opening four rounds that he has the temperament and skill set to be an inside midfielder of 200 games. He has a real chance at stardom.

Sam Petrevski-Seton has given us glimpses of obscene talent. Produce that regularly and he just might be the best out of the lot of them. He has some Rioli like tendencies.

Zac Fisher is the “sneaker” though. His progress has sneaked up on people a little more than we first may have thought.

A player, who at first glance appeared last year as a slightly built left-footer that most played on the outside, is now an inside mid that wins his own ball and also wins centre bounce clearances.

lus, he can get to the outside and kick it like an artist.

These three along with Cripps will be the backbone of Carlton’s midfield for roughly another two hundred games.

Carlton supporters just have to make the reality check for the next 40 games, then they’ll be in for some fun.

For the meantime there will be inconsistency and there will be mistakes and so called shock losses.

I’m not even tipping them to win on Friday night. But if the club is allowed to hold the course and ride out the rough seas that will happen between now and up until the end of the 2019 season, logic says the Blues will be looking at the dawn of another successful era that will be sustainable.

#GUILTY

Post subject: 2018 Leadership Group
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:47 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Everyone forgets how well Doc marshalled the troops down back.....

What a great dilemma to have...

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk