Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Madeline Keryk Lochie O'Brien Madeline Keryk CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:16 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:56 am 
Offline
Craig Bradley
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 1:26 am
Posts: 6314
Location: Melbourne
Nope. Gnocchi with Parmesan then Meat or Fish. Lachie passed on the carbs but had about 2 1/2 serves of the meat!
Will add that the key stat they are concentrating on is handball carry. Ranked 18th last year with a negative. They were ranked 1 after the JLT.

_________________
The verdict - "The horror, the horror"
Col William Kurtz (with apologies!)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:06 am 
Offline
Bruce Doull
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:24 am
Posts: 33153
Location: seaside
Oh my.....

smoked salmon to boiled mashed potato...
thing's have changed at the Go Blues...!


kindest regards tommi

_________________
that'siti'mnotchangingthistagain......!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:46 am 
Offline
Bruce Doull
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:23 am
Posts: 44539
Location: Canberra
AIRCAV wrote:
Great evening at the club launch. Spoke with Lachie at length as well as Madeline Keryk.
Several things
- He wasnt a huge wrap for the trip to Tassie'- it rained for 3 days'!
- Bolts may be Mr smiley for interviews but is a very hard taskmastrer
- was fairly sure he was Carlton bound from the early stages of the draft
- confirmed the mindset is now very attacking. He and others are encouraged to break the lines and create the play
- Players are encouraged to "stand for something". SPS wants to be know as Mr Silky Smooth.

Only issue I had was I was disappointed Bolts didn't speak formally.

Big news was MLD announced the partnership with La Traobe Uni.

Interesting to get Madelines take on the AFLW. Not a big fan of a 7 week season nor a system whereby contracts are only for 1 year.

Great night with all players, AFL & AFLW in attendance. Thanks TC for giving me the chance to go.


Hope you had a good night.

Thanks for the update. :thumbsup: :beer:

_________________
Click here to follow TalkingCarlton on twitter
TalkingCarlton Posting Rules


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:11 pm 
Offline
Garry Crane
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:04 pm
Posts: 295
great update - some nice insights


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:18 pm 
Offline
Alex Jesaulenko
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:14 am
Posts: 21682
Shit you wouldn’t give any of those girls longer contracts based on this year.

_________________
dane's trolling again


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:34 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 10988
Location: Bondi Beach
AIRCAV wrote:
Nope. Gnocchi with Parmesan then Meat or Fish. Lachie passed on the carbs but had about 2 1/2 serves of the meat!
Will add that the key stat they are concentrating on is handball carry. Ranked 18th last year with a negative. They were ranked 1 after the JLT.


Thanks for the info AIRCAV

Lets hope this attacking play on strategy brings us lots of goals this year and beyond.

Interesting about Standing for Something.

Lachie must have got something of value in Tassie.
What about team building?
What about getting to know the boys?

Must have been some positives for him.

Is he happy to be at Carlton?
What did he think about the pace of the game in the JLT?

_________________
I hope the 17th Flag is won this decade


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:35 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 10988
Location: Bondi Beach
dane wrote:
Shit you wouldn’t give any of those girls longer contracts based on this year.


Some deserve a longer contract.

_________________
I hope the 17th Flag is won this decade


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:26 pm 
Offline
Rod Ashman

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:18 pm
Posts: 2223
Location: Singapore
bondiblue wrote:
dane wrote:
Shit you wouldn’t give any of those girls longer contracts based on this year.


Some deserve a longer contract.


Yeah, about four of them maybe.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:11 pm 
Offline
Alex Jesaulenko
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:14 am
Posts: 21682
sinbagger wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
dane wrote:
Shit you wouldn’t give any of those girls longer contracts based on this year.


Some deserve a longer contract.


Yeah, about four of them maybe.


Games?

_________________
dane's trolling again


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:41 pm 
Offline
Craig Bradley
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 1:26 am
Posts: 6314
Location: Melbourne
bondiblue wrote:
AIRCAV wrote:
Nope. Gnocchi with Parmesan then Meat or Fish. Lachie passed on the carbs but had about 2 1/2 serves of the meat!
Will add that the key stat they are concentrating on is handball carry. Ranked 18th last year with a negative. They were ranked 1 after the JLT.


Thanks for the info AIRCAV

Lets hope this attacking play on strategy brings us lots of goals this year and beyond.

Interesting about Standing for Something.

Lachie must have got something of value in Tassie.
What about team building?
What about getting to know the boys?

Must have been some positives for him.

Is he happy to be at Carlton?
What did he think about the pace of the game in the JLT?


I was being a bit tongue in check about his tassie trip. Very tough, lots of team building and they were joined by Pickett, SPS and Garnett.

Very happy to be at Carlton. Interesting that he’s hardly been in a club environment, playing for 4 different teams last year.

He’s lodging with a regular Carlton rookie host. LOB is her 18th hosting. After years of boarding school, he’s enjoying being well looked after.

_________________
The verdict - "The horror, the horror"
Col William Kurtz (with apologies!)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:39 pm 
Offline
Robert Walls
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:41 pm
Posts: 3387
Gee... We may have finally broken the hoodoo with LOB.....

Woo hoo

Go Blues

_________________
“Every single element of the Club has to be the best in the league, meticulously and methodically, and only by doing this will we be elite and challenge for number 17.”
Greg Lee


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:56 am 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:10 pm
Posts: 27365
Location: COMFORTABLY DISSATISFIED
SHHHHH!

_________________
WADA medical director Dr Alan Vernec describes Essendon* FC drug case as biggest scandal in team sport the world of sport has seen. #WC2WB

#GUILTY


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:41 pm 
Offline
Bruce Doull
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:23 am
Posts: 44539
Location: Canberra
billc3 wrote:
Gee... We may have finally broken the hoodoo with LOB.....

Woo hoo

Go Blues


:smoking:

_________________
Click here to follow TalkingCarlton on twitter
TalkingCarlton Posting Rules


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:08 pm 
Offline
Bruce Doull
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:23 am
Posts: 44539
Location: Canberra
I promised myself I was going to make it this year and finally be a guest of the club as part of our sponsorship, but I can't make it for the following game…

Quote:
As part of your Guernsey club membership, we invite you and a friend to join us in the Virgin Australia Carlton Lounge for RND 15 Carlton v Port Adelaide.

See relevant details below.

Carlton v Port Adelaide (MCG)
Date: Saturday June 30th
Time: 12:30pm (Game starts at 1:45pm)
Tickets: 2

Virgin Australia Carlton Lounge includes:
Premium beverages including basic spirits, beer, wine, espresso coffee and soft drinks
Pre-game and half-time fare - canapé style
Premium Level 2 reserved seating
Stadium car parking (one per four guests)


Who wants it?

_________________
Click here to follow TalkingCarlton on twitter
TalkingCarlton Posting Rules


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:31 pm 
Offline
Harry Vallence
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:35 pm
Posts: 1085
camelboy wrote:
I promised myself I was going to make it this year and finally be a guest of the club as part of our sponsorship, but I can't make it for the following game…

Quote:
As part of your Guernsey club membership, we invite you and a friend to join us in the Virgin Australia Carlton Lounge for RND 15 Carlton v Port Adelaide.

See relevant details below.

Carlton v Port Adelaide (MCG)
Date: Saturday June 30th
Time: 12:30pm (Game starts at 1:45pm)
Tickets: 2

Virgin Australia Carlton Lounge includes:
Premium beverages including basic spirits, beer, wine, espresso coffee and soft drinks
Pre-game and half-time fare - canapé style
Premium Level 2 reserved seating
Stadium car parking (one per four guests)


Who wants it?

I would definitely be keen to go.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:50 pm 
Offline
Horrie Clover
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 361
Location: Ringwood
I would also like to put my name down for the tickets if still available.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:06 pm 
Offline
Bruce Doull
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:23 am
Posts: 44539
Location: Canberra
If you two are happy to share the tix, that's great. I'll be in touch tomorrow to sort out the details.

:beer:

_________________
Click here to follow TalkingCarlton on twitter
TalkingCarlton Posting Rules


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:44 pm 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:10 pm
Posts: 27365
Location: COMFORTABLY DISSATISFIED
So are we still "supporting" Madeline Keryk?

_________________
WADA medical director Dr Alan Vernec describes Essendon* FC drug case as biggest scandal in team sport the world of sport has seen. #WC2WB

#GUILTY


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:14 pm 
Offline
Garry Crane
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:04 pm
Posts: 295
Donstuie wrote:
So are we still "supporting" Madeline Keryk?
emotionally? yes


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:05 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:26 am
Posts: 13944
Location: Comparing orange boners with Hirdy
How many games did this one get?

_________________
Greg Swann wrote:
Essendon* cheated, simple as that


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], lewey101, Majestic-12 [Bot] and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group