Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:21 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 108  Next
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2018
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:43 am 
Rod Ashman

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/07/14/ ... -carltons/

“They’ve made 40 changes to their list in three years. The next highest is the Gold Coast who’ve been as much of a mess as anyone and they’ve turned over 34.

“If you go to the other end of the spectrum, you’ve got the Dogs and St Kilda who’ve only turned over 22 players.

“That’s almost half of what Carlton’s done. It’s not just a new team, there’s so many new faces coming in, you’ve got no cohesion, no shared experiences and you’re still learning the game plan and how to be an AFL footballer and how to be a professional.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:50 am 
Stephen Silvagni

doofdoof wrote:
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/07/14/king-ive-never-seen-a-list-overhauled-in-three-years-like-carltons/

“They’ve made 40 changes to their list in three years. The next highest is the Gold Coast who’ve been as much of a mess as anyone and they’ve turned over 34.

“If you go to the other end of the spectrum, you’ve got the Dogs and St Kilda who’ve only turned over 22 players.

“That’s almost half of what Carlton’s done. It’s not just a new team, there’s so many new faces coming in, you’ve got no cohesion, no shared experiences and you’re still learning the game plan and how to be an AFL footballer and how to be a professional.

Fair comments form King and Wallet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:25 pm 
Geoff Southby

doofdoof wrote:
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/07/14/king-ive-never-seen-a-list-overhauled-in-three-years-like-carltons/

As I've stated before, this is the largest list overhaul in the AFLs history and a lot of people are done with the coach already. How about we do something un-Carlton and let them have a real go and not panic and look for instant results.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:59 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Sidefx wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
We won’t attract anyone until we start to show something onfield. Going by 2018, that could be 3 years away!!. Right now I’m just preying we don’t start to lose some.....

Agreed, we don't necessarily needs wins just more effort and mongrel.

Or any idea of our game plan.....

We need to cancel all game plans for the rest of the year and just go out there and tackle and hit players. Who cares if we get suspensions, we've already won the spoon. It'll be good preseason training for next year.

I've been thinking about this too. Is it too far fetched to have a hawthorn style line in the sand game. I know we'd get universally mauled bu the media vultures but we do anyway. I just feel like we get pushed around and seen as weak in all aspects of the game. I know it's archaic thinking but i'm sick of the insipid nothing that we put up every week.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:58 pm 
Ken Hunter

You do not have a line in the sand game until you have the team to play the line in the sand game.

Currently we are still a long way from that game. We need more games into kids, more kids not injured, a lot more midfielders.

I suggest a whole lot of supporters take their hands, cup them between their legs and just hang on tight.

It's easy to get angry, to rant and rave and call for heads...it's easy and it is dumb.

Stick to the plan, keep rebuilding, let experience and a continuation of the building of depth do the work...one day you can remove your hands and smile again

but that is not this day

and not any time soon...it hurts...so what...this cannot and should not be rushed...my great concern is the pressure building as it so often has on the club, the club lets nerves dictate and we do this again and again.

Stick with the plan...build the side...it cannot be rushed.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:16 pm 
Harry Vallence

Yes, stay calm as hindu cows, learn to accept losing and say "Please Sir may I have some more". #trustinbolts #trustinSOS #trustinmalthouse #trustinwhoever
"I suggest a whole lot of supporters take their hands, cup them between their legs and just hang on tight." That's great but not all of us are eunuchs.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:23 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

dannyboy wrote:
You do not have a line in the sand game until you have the team to play the line in the sand game.

Currently we are still a long way from that game. We need more games into kids, more kids not injured, a lot more midfielders.

I suggest a whole lot of supporters take their hands, cup them between their legs and just hang on tight.

It's easy to get angry, to rant and rave and call for heads...it's easy and it is dumb.

Stick to the plan, keep rebuilding, let experience and a continuation of the building of depth do the work...one day you can remove your hands and smile again

but that is not this day

and not any time soon...it hurts...so what...this cannot and should not be rushed...my great concern is the pressure building as it so often has on the club, the club lets nerves dictate and we do this again and again.

This.

I dare say if Bolton was sakced you'd have a young player exodus and be faced with the reality of a fresh 8 year rebuild.

Be careful what you wish for.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:33 pm 
Harry Vallence

Rexy wrote:
dannyboy wrote:

but that is not this day

This.

I dare say if Bolton was sakced you'd have a young player exodus and be faced with the reality of a fresh 8 year rebuild.

Really lol, give me a break. Fresh 8 year rebuild :lol: player exodus :lol: I'm sure they are happy playing our current style of football which takes us inside 50 thirty times a game.
You guys are the dupes that feed the furnace of perpetual incompetence. Politicians love guys like you. Oy vey lets not upset the applecart.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:36 pm 
Harry Vallence

You guys are the frog that sits calmly while being slowly boiled alive.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:43 pm 
Ken Hunter

yes panic always works.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:17 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

smithy wrote:
Rexy wrote:
dannyboy wrote:

but that is not this day

This.

Really lol, give me a break. Fresh 8 year rebuild :lol: player exodus :lol: I'm sure they are happy playing our current style of football which takes us inside 50 thirty times a game.
You guys are the dupes that feed the furnace of perpetual incompetence. Politicians love guys like you. Oy vey lets not upset the applecart.

The young apples wouldn't be re-signing if they had no faith in Bolton. Don't upset the young applecart, smithy.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:18 pm 
Rod Ashman

The_Cranium wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
We won’t attract anyone until we start to show something onfield. Going by 2018, that could be 3 years away!!. Right now I’m just preying we don’t start to lose some.....

Agreed, we don't necessarily needs wins just more effort and mongrel.

Or any idea of our game plan.....

We need to cancel all game plans for the rest of the year and just go out there and tackle and hit players. Who cares if we get suspensions, we've already won the spoon. It'll be good preseason training for next year.

I've been thinking about this too. Is it too far fetched to have a hawthorn style line in the sand game. I know we'd get universally mauled bu the media vultures but we do anyway. I just feel like we get pushed around and seen as weak in all aspects of the game. I know it's archaic thinking but i'm sick of the insipid nothing that we put up every week.

I like this more than anything I've read in a long time.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:25 pm 
Rod Ashman

Hanneberry seems unsettled at Sydney. 27, and until this year a quality player.

Sydney will need points for their academy players (especially if they use their first pick on Darcy Moore).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:38 pm 
Rod Ashman

Thought I’d given up on posting.

Ah, well here goes.

50 years of following the club and this process of change is painful. Very.

Seems we have two paths to go. Change strategy now or hang tight.

Easiest thing to do would be to change strategy. Soothes those that are disgruntled and serves the media.

Our current position reflects an investment. A punt. Anyone with anything to do with the club would be reflecting. Human nature.

A couple of recent experiences have given me some insight.

Friday night, I was at the Saints Presidents Dinner. Fitzy and Lo Giudice were there. Fitzy was by no means jumping through hoops, nonetheless he encouraged patience.

Recently a conversation with Steven Trigg, revealed his deep belief in the direction of the club. While disappointed with the way he left, he was deeply passionate about the new direction the club was headed. 3-4 years ago we were regarded as THE boys club with a supporter base measured as the least engaged. He recalled the biggest challenge he faced 4years ago was wrestling with the likes of J Elliott - convincing the need to invest in a future

....he shared our immeadiate challenge is to stick with a program of change that started 3-4 years ago. To support our strategy and keep it on track the club must leverage the surplus $3 million of funds we’ve accumulated through salary cap savings. SOS and the club need to secure established FA talent to compliment our emerging young A graders.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:57 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

The strategy is fine but the people in charge of the execution- in particular List Management need to be held to some account or review, this doesn’t seem to be the case at the moment.

Winston Churchill

Post subject: List Management 2018
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:31 pm 
Harry Vallence

Great tweet

https://twitter.com/tommycasha/status/1 ... 59776?s=21
Facts

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:03 pm 
Harry Vallence

The No.1 pick - let's use it wisely

I tend to agree ...... Let's use this (hard earned) No.1 pick on a gun kid. There's a few around this year. Let's try getting a Wallis type for 2019 and throw money at Shiel for 2020.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:14 pm 
Harry Vallence

Jayden Hunt from the dees is another one we should look at.
4 year deal for Luke Dahlhaus with good coin, maybe 5 years.
Jack Scrimshaw from GC for a pick next year.
Pick 1 best available.
Rowe, Mullett, O'Shea, Graham, Casboult, JGM, Kym L, Thomas, Lamb, Shaw and Kerridge.
Could be more...
Need more on field leadership, McVeigh, Mundy etc.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:21 pm 
Rod Ashman

blueboy23 wrote:
Jayden Hunt from the dees is another one we should look at.
4 year deal for Luke Dahlhaus with good coin, maybe 5 years.
Jack Scrimshaw from GC for a pick next year.
Pick 1 best available.
Rowe, Mullett, O'Shea, Graham, Casboult, JGM, Kym L, Thomas, Lamb, Shaw and Kerridge.
Could be more...
Need more on field leadership, McVeigh, Mundy etc.

are these wishes or rumours?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:24 pm 
Bruce Doull

If we could somehow add Wallis, Brodie, Scrimshaw and Walsh to our list this year (along with our 2nd round picks), get a full (and uninterrupted) preseason into Kennedy, Lang, Dow, SPS, and improve enough to lure Shiel next year, there's your midfield depth. It then becomes a development issue.

#GUILTY

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 108  Next