Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:48 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 108  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:50 am 
Stephen Silvagni

frank dardew wrote:
A couple of references in media that Rowe and Lamb have got another contract - I hope both are playing regularly for NB in 2019 - Lamb was ok in 2018 and did some good work late in backline when defence decimated -Rowe in my view had his worse season in about 4 and is very lucky to be offered another contract

Surely there are better key defenders than Rowe in the WAFL or SANFL that we could use for depth ??

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:07 am 
Rod Ashman

frank dardew wrote:
A couple of references in media that Rowe and Lamb have got another contract - I hope both are playing regularly for NB in 2019 - Lamb was ok in 2018 and did some good work late in backline when defence decimated -Rowe in my view had his worse season in about 4 and is very lucky to be offered another contract

In the Hun it reports they are in limbo as no contract offered as yet. It will depend on trades. The same with Nick G.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:13 am 
Bruce Doull

frank dardew wrote:

I see a potential role for Lamb as a BP to annoy the shit out of crumbing forwards that always kill us, and I unfortunately see Rowe as our only KPD capable of playing on the "Gorillas" at this stage.

But I agree, if both play most/all of the season in the VFL that will be a plus.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:36 am 
Bruce Doull

Rexy wrote:
frank dardew wrote:

Surely there are better key defenders than Rowe in the WAFL or SANFL that we could use for depth ??

Delist Rowe and Lamb, draft in some depth players from WAFL/SANFL, then endure a year of "X is terrible, why delist Lamb and Rowe then get these guys who are worse?" if they end up playing a lot of seniors.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:44 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Jez1966 wrote:
frank dardew wrote:

In the Hun it reports they are in limbo as no contract offered as yet. It will depend on trades. The same with Nick G.

I'd say that is the case. If we get the appropriate trades, they'll be farewelled.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:16 pm 
Bert Deacon

we are possibly giving a pick 2/3or4 away for 26 yr old mid ,but if it was p 10 /13/14 i would do it straight away.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:49 pm 
Wayne Johnston

jamespul65 wrote:
we are possibly giving a pick 2/3or4 away for 26 yr old mid ,but if it was p 10 /13/14 i would do it straight away.

Maybe we should trade our mid-first round PP from next year for him then?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:51 pm 
Ken Hunter

frank dardew wrote:

I saw that in the HUN. I was surprised too, especially Rowe.
We currently only have 2 senior spots available so someone has to go, Graham likely.
We may go in with one less rookie and an extra senior player 40/4, but it will be interesting to see who gets moved on.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:55 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Rexy wrote:
frank dardew wrote:

Rowe was always going to struggle this year coming back from a knee reconstruction, it didn’t help having to play in a backline that was pounded all year given he was marginal at AFL to begin with.

He is a good back up KPD because he knows our system unlike any other player brand new to the club. We’ve all seen what happens when you flood the list with new players, no matter how good they night be.

He can add stability to the NB’s and mentor new/younger players into the club. Happy to give him one year.

If he’s constantly playing seniors next year then the club is up s**t creek regardless of what other marginal player we might have replaced him with.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:57 pm 
Ken Hunter

It would be a shame to leave Rowe on 99 games.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:38 pm 
Harry Vallence

Rowe and Lamb are not up to it, end of story. Could easily say the same about 8 others, if we aren't going to replace them with better players what are we even doing?
Just f###ing bend over and get used to the reaming, excuses after excuses that's what this club now is.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:38 pm 
Rod Ashman

Simmo playing on in 2019

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:39 pm 
Harry Vallence

kezza wrote:

If he was at a real football club he wouldn't have got to 49 games.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:39 pm 
Harry Vallence

Jez1966 wrote:
Simmo playing on in 2019

That's good news.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:49 pm 
Wayne Johnston

kezza wrote:

I hope we sign him up for one year and then he plays all season for the NB’s except for a late season call up to replace someone injured for his 100th.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:40 pm 
formerly King Kenny

kezza wrote:

Rowe has been a great servant, but I think he only made it to 99 due to injuries to others.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:59 pm 
Bruce Doull

It’s not even trade week and I’m already sick of hearing “Hawthorn are the frontrunners”

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:21 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Donstuie wrote:
It’s not even trade week and I’m already sick of hearing “Hawthorn are the frontrunners”

You’ll be hearing straight sets and hawks soon enough.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:24 pm 
Geoff Southby

sinbagger wrote:
kezza wrote:

I hope we sign him up for one year and then he plays all season for the NB’s except for a late season call up to replace someone injured for his 100th.

Just rookie list him in that case

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:52 pm 
Harry Vallence

If we pay anything more than pick 60 for Fasolo we need to just fold, DFA written all over him, they wanted to get rid of him last year. Can't imagine why we are even interested!!
But then again this is a club that wanted Smedts O'Shea Kerridge etc etc on it's list smfh.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 108  Next