Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:15 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 108  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:44 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Rexy wrote:
Liam Jones to the saints for Billings...?

yes please

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:45 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Rexy wrote:

Where did this come from?

Would do it in a heartbeat.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:59 pm 
Harry Vallence

Rexy wrote:

Did you get to sits on Santa's lap in that dream :yikes:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:45 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Another dream... we make a late bid for Tom Lynch.

Charlie moves into the Kouta onball role and Harry pairs up with Lynch up forward.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:39 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

With Port looking likely to miss the finals this year their first round pick is now looking appealing.
What if, say, they offered their first rounder for this year and next year in exchange for pick #1?
Or maybe they might decide that their premiership window is closed and offload some players - who would we be keen on other than Wines?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:59 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Simpson to play on in 2019: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-19/h ... 7th-season

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:53 pm 
Bruce Doull

Humpers wrote:
With Port looking likely to miss the finals this year their first round pick is now looking appealing.
What if, say, they offered their first rounder for this year and next year in exchange for pick #1?
Or maybe they might decide that their premiership window is closed and offload some players - who would we be keen on other than Wines?

I've mentioned previously that I think it would be worth looking at guys like Drew and Atley who can't get a look in right now, as part of a deal with Port.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:06 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

So, I went to the pre-match function at Optus in Perth last week, and Cain Liddle got up and fielded questions from the people there. The big thing that I took away from it was that we are paying under 95% of the cap this year - and even more surprising - is that we can carry over that 5% cap space to pay 105% next year. I did not know this and goes to show what sort of 'warchest' we are sitting on.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:38 am 
Robert Walls

Stone Free wrote:
So, I went to the pre-match function at Optus in Perth last week, and Cain Liddle got up and fielded questions from the people there. The big thing that I took away from it was that we are paying under 95% of the cap this year - and even more surprising - is that we can carry over that 5% cap space to pay 105% next year. I did not know this and goes to show what sort of 'warchest' we are sitting on.

It's been around for a while
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/clu ... 39jhg.html
It's why when SOS came on board we haven't got into bidding wars for second tier players. My opinion is it's been timed for after we have hit the draft multiple times to get the young talent in first then go after a Kelly or Shiel, top end talent not target players like Smith or Hrovat and chew up cap space.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:41 am 
Stephen Kernahan

That bloke on BF reckons McGovern (the Crows one) has agreed to terms with us and now it's a matter of satisfying the Crows. Curious.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:48 am 
Harry Vallence

If McGovern came, would we do Weitering for saints pick 6

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:14 am 
John Nicholls

choo wrote:

Definitely, yes, absolutely, where do I sign.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:50 pm 
Robert Walls

Humpers wrote:

I have also wondered why it is that when people talk about us trading pick #1, it's almost only ever to Adelaide.

There are two talented young players from SA near the top of the draft, but would Lukosis even appeal to Adelaide? They have Walker, Lynch and Jenkins up forward and Fogarty and McGovern (for the moment) as depth. They might be keen on Rankine, but is a talented half-forward-type what they need in the short-term? They need mids (as do we all), so surely they'd be tempted to pick Walsh with no. #1.

Port, on the other hand, would probably be in the market for a young tall to go with Dixon and Westhoff. They probably wouldn't be as keen on Rankine, because he'd be behind players like Gray and Wingard. And they have inside mids with Wines and Powell-Pepper.

So, if the idea is that Lukosis is too good to pass up for a South Aussie team, then that team is Port.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:58 pm 
Rod Ashman

choo wrote:

:roll:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:08 pm 
Craig Bradley

If McGovern is coming, I think that eradicates any suggestion of 'nepotism' when it comes to the Silvagni boys. You'd think any chance of him playing as a 3rd forward would be gone.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:54 pm 
Harry Vallence

bluechampion wrote:
Humpers wrote:

I have also wondered why it is that when people talk about us trading pick #1, it's almost only ever to Adelaide.

There are two talented young players from SA near the top of the draft, but would Lukosis even appeal to Adelaide? They have Walker, Lynch and Jenkins up forward and Fogarty and McGovern (for the moment) as depth. They might be keen on Rankine, but is a talented half-forward-type what they need in the short-term? They need mids (as do we all), so surely they'd be tempted to pick Walsh with no. #1.

Port, on the other hand, would probably be in the market for a young tall to go with Dixon and Westhoff. They probably wouldn't be as keen on Rankine, because he'd be behind players like Gray and Wingard. And they have inside mids with Wines and Powell-Pepper.

So, if the idea is that Lukosis is too good to pass up for a South Aussie team, then that team is Port.

Walker is 29yr old, Jenkins 30yrs and Lynch (more a flanker) 28yrs at the start of next year so why wouldn't Adelaide want Lukosis?? McGovern is also probably gone.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:15 pm 
Harry Vallence

If we got an end of first round priority pick and were keen on doing a deal involving pick one. Package the priority pick and Weitering for 6.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:18 pm 
Robert Walls

scottopee wrote:
bluechampion wrote:
Humpers wrote:

Walker is 29yr old, Jenkins 30yrs and Lynch (more a flanker) 28yrs at the start of next year so why wouldn't Adelaide want Lukosis?? McGovern is also probably gone.

I'm not saying they wouldn't, but I just don't understand why they're the obvious option in South Australia to trade #1 (if we were to do so).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:22 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Rod Spooky Galt wrote:
If we got an end of first round priority pick and were keen on doing a deal involving pick one. Package the priority pick and Weitering for 6.

No way should we trade Weiters.

He along with our other young immature blokes have been taught a valuable lesson this year which is to endure.

As supporters it's hard to watch and I'm sure it's twice as hard for their coaches and families to watch them struggling physically and mentally.

Give these kids a couple of years to physically/mentally mature and I reckon we'll be very glad we didn't give up on them.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:46 pm 
Ken Hunter

muzza wrote:
choo wrote:

:roll:

:roll: :roll:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 108  Next