Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:05 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 108  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:32 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Rexy wrote:
By my count we currently have 40 primary listed players.

Need to release a few more for our 2018 draftees.

Not looking good for Kerridge, Graham, Lamb and Rowe at this stage.
Still reckon someone will offer something for Levi.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:36 pm 
Rod Ashman

Isn't it interesting seeing Carlton trading to get in players past their prime (Fasolo, but perhaps on the way up? guess work?) and B Grade players (presumably aspiring A grade players) in McGovern whilst Hawthorn and Geelong continue on their merry way.

Hawthorn is making a play for two A Grade players (These players are bona-fides as they have won All-Australians or thereabouts) in Chad Wingard and Tom Scully.

But don't worry, equalisation is working. West Coast won the flag.....yet Hawthorn and Geelong NEVER have to leave the top 8 as they are a beacon for A Grade players. Nice system of equalisation....it is equal, it is just that Hawthorn, Geelong and Sydney have to take up 3 of the finals spots every year.
I hope one day Carlton can exploit this bastard of a system too.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:43 pm 
Harry Vallence

rhino27 wrote:
Rexy wrote:

Majority look safe, if Byrne goes home and Levi finds a home.

If both those happen, Byrne for Walsh, Levi for BSOS.

I'd imagine only other bit of business would be if we decided to trade our first rounder 2019 into this year's draft, and subsequently one would have to be delisted.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:01 pm 
Ken Hunter

Rod Spooky Galt wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
Rexy wrote:

Majority look safe, if Byrne goes home and Levi finds a home.

If both those happen, Byrne for Walsh, Levi for BSOS.

I'd imagine only other bit of business would be if we decided to trade our first rounder 2019 into this year's draft, and subsequently one would have to be delisted.

We currently do not any senior spots on our list.
Not sure if clubs have to use 3 picks in the draft anymore.
Byrne leaving will open one spot.
I think Rowe will get another contract and maybe one of Kerridge or Lamb.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:02 pm 
Geoff Southby

Changes to the primary list so far....

Out-
Mullett
O’Shea
Wright

In-
Fasolo
McGovern
Setterfield

Between the ND and DFA (I’d say we’re done for the trade period) you’d reckon we’re still to add 3 or 4 more new players.

That means at least 3 or 4 more need to be cut. It’s likely to be 3 or 4 of the following-

1. Byrne (disappointing, maybe a move to the rookie list if the door is open for a return during the season or next?)
2. Casboult (hopefully we get a late trade done for a draft pick, but sounds unlikely; has a year left on his contract, keep him as forward/ruck depth)
3. Graham (is surely gone if there are mature midfielders available to us via DFA or rookie draft)
4. Kerridge (see Graham)
5. Lamb (I would keep him ahead of Graham & Kerridge, and maybe Byrne’s departure might save him?)
6. Rowe (gone, unless we can offload Casboult).

That’s assuming there’s no “left field” delistings due to injury or personal issues we don’t know about (check welfare of Garlett, Macreadie, Phillips, Pickett, Williamson)...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:34 pm 
Harry Vallence

Would we have the picks to do it though? We'd use our last two picks on BSOS, and then Walsh at 1.

Hence why I'd be rapt to get another pick in this year's draft in the Adelaide/Gold Coast trade. If we're going to delist Kerridge/Graham/Rowe, I'd rather it be for a quality inclusion, rather than just for this year's O'Shea/Mullett/Shaw.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:00 pm 
Robert Walls

We currently have picks #1, #69, #71 and #77. Is it right that we still have to use a minimum of three of these?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:05 pm 
Harry Vallence

bluechampion wrote:
We currently have picks #1, #69, #71 and #77. Is it right that we still have to use a minimum of three of these?

Yep, three inclusive of rookie list elevations (which I'm guessing we won't do).

Could always delist Graham and re-draft him again.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:26 pm 
Ken Hunter

Can a player be put from the senior list straight onto the rookie list now?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:32 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

tap in 79 wrote:
Isn't it interesting seeing Carlton trading to get in players past their prime (Fasolo, but perhaps on the way up? guess work?) and B Grade players (presumably aspiring A grade players) in McGovern whilst Hawthorn and Geelong continue on their merry way.

Hawthorn is making a play for two A Grade players (These players are bona-fides as they have won All-Australians or thereabouts) in Chad Wingard and Tom Scully.

But don't worry, equalisation is working. West Coast won the flag.....yet Hawthorn and Geelong NEVER have to leave the top 8 as they are a beacon for A Grade players. Nice system of equalisation....it is equal, it is just that Hawthorn, Geelong and Sydney have to take up 3 of the finals spots every year.

I'm really starting to become a little concerned that one of these days you might drown yourself in your tears of self pity.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:15 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

tap in 79 wrote:

2018 Premiers West Coast (no free agent benefits).
2017 Premiers Richmond (no free agent benefits)
2016 Premiers Western Bulldogs (no free agent benefits)
2013-15 Premiers Hawthorn (lost Buddy to FA and only got pick #18 compo)

I really don't understand your argument - can't you see that we only have ourselves to blame for our current predicament? Everyone else can.
Hawthorn, Geelong and Sydney are on the slide with ageing lists and will be going through a fair bit of pain over the next 5-6 years whilst we should be playing finals from 2020 onwards. I'd much rather be in our situation than theirs.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:45 pm 
Ken Hands

OMG Hawthorn are making a play for 2 players? The sky is falling.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:55 pm 
Rod Ashman

ferdinand wrote:

Pick 53 for Tom Scully- haahhhaaahaa!!
Hilarious.
It is the quality of the players they get to make a play on. That’s the difference. “Destination club”.

Hawthorn will make the top 8 again. That’s a given barring serious injuries.From there, anything can happen. Did anyone predict Collingwood would beat Richmond in preliminary?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:56 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

tap in 79 wrote:
ferdinand wrote:

Hilarious.
It is the quality of the players they get to make a play on. That’s the difference. “Destination club”.

Hawthorn will make the top 8 again. That’s a given barring serious injuries.From there, anything can happen. Did anyone predict Collingwood would beat Richmond in preliminary?

Keep sooking.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:02 pm 
Harry Vallence

Humpers wrote:
tap in 79 wrote:

I really don't understand your argument - can't you see that we only have ourselves to blame for our current predicament? Everyone else can.
Hawthorn, Geelong and Sydney are on the slide with ageing lists and will be going through a fair bit of pain over the next 5-6 years whilst we should be playing finals from 2020 onwards. I'd much rather be in our situation than theirs.

Does Frawley not count? What about Lake?

Last edited by smithy on Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harry Vallence

tap in 79 wrote:
ferdinand wrote:

Hilarious.

Scully 27 years old, is contracted for a further 3 years on a very healthy salary and has had a serious leg injury.
One would suggest the trade reflects a reality he's a high risk.

Harry Vallence

Excellent food for though as usual Tap.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:04 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

smithy wrote:
Humpers wrote:
tap in 79 wrote:

Does Frawley not count?

OK Hawks got Frawley - but he aint no Buddy Franklin. Melbourne got very good compo for Frawley and were happy to lose him.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:07 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

tap in 79 wrote:
ferdinand wrote:

Hilarious.

Next year 28yo, dodgy ankle, on big dollars.
Hawks can have him.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:12 pm 
Harry Vallence

Humpers wrote:
smithy wrote:
Humpers wrote:
tap in 79 wrote:

Does Frawley not count?

OK Hawks got Frawley - but he aint no Buddy Franklin. Melbourne got very good compo for Frawley and were happy to lose him.

What about all the players they got on the "cheap" because of the lure of success. Must say I never bought the old we're all taking a paycut chestnut.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 108  Next