Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:14 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102 ... 108  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:27 pm 
Harry Vallence

I will not stand any potting of the club for these very sound decisions, shame on you.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:30 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

unless I've missed something, Pickett is the only player unsigned for next year

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:35 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Across the senior list and rookie list now, our average age is below 24. That's a pretty young list if we are to add a further three 18 year olds.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:48 pm 
John James

BlueDW wrote:
Brently8 wrote:
BlueDW wrote:
Has there ever been a team with as many number one draft picks in it? Or first round picks? Yet we are still glued to the bottom of the ladder!

I look forward to having you on the bandwagon in 3 years.

Lol, I am anything but a fair weather supporter. 17 years of being crap is enough to make any supporter doubt that success is just around the corner. Sorry if my opinions don't measure up to yours. By the way, what will happen in 3 years that will potentially make me "jump on the bandwagon"? Because other teams around us are improving "now", not in 3 years time.

Firstly, we haven't been crap for 17 years like people like you keep saying. We made the finals 4 out of 5 years and were a kick out of a prelim. We won 14 games and drew 1 that season. That is not crap. Guess what? It's not the 1970's and 80's anymore where we are in a 12 team comp and can buy our way to success. It's bloody hard to win a flag and you need a lot of luck.

As for teams around us improving now. Which list would you rather have? Gold Coast? St.Kilda's? I know whose I'd rather every day of the week. As of today we have 24 players on the list 23 and under and will add Walsh and another couple to that in a month. We've cleared out most of the dead wood, the club has done exactly what they said they would do when they started the rebuild. If you cant see that we are setting ourselves up for a period of sustained success then I'll see you on the bandwagon in 3 years. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:06 pm 
Rod Ashman

Paddycripps wrote:
All makes sense. Feel for Sam Rowe though on 99. Mind you it'll be a nice ice breaker at dinner parties for him.

And it's not like Fisher, (who should've got the extra game). You're not going to give a guy a whole extra season for one game.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:08 pm 
Bob Chitty

thought lamb was abit stiff, but the others are all expected.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:10 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I dont like Lamb but i too think he was a bit stiff too get cut.

Kerridge / Graham just not up to AFL. Though Rowe might have hung on as a handy back up.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:13 pm 
John Nicholls

Brently8 wrote:
BlueDW wrote:
Lol, I am anything but a fair weather supporter. 17 years of being crap is enough to make any supporter doubt that success is just around the corner. Sorry if my opinions don't measure up to yours. By the way, what will happen in 3 years that will potentially make me "jump on the bandwagon"? Because other teams around us are improving "now", not in 3 years time.

Firstly, we haven't been crap for 17 years like people like you keep saying. We made the finals 4 out of 5 years and were a kick out of a prelim. We won 14 games and drew 1 that season. That is not crap. Guess what? It's not the 1970's and 80's anymore where we are in a 12 team comp and can buy our way to success. It's bloody hard to win a flag and you need a lot of luck.

As for teams around us improving now. Which list would you rather have? Gold Coast? St.Kilda's? I know whose I'd rather every day of the week. As of today we have 24 players on the list 23 and under and will add Walsh and another couple to that in a month. We've cleared out most of the dead wood, the club has done exactly what they said they would do when they started the rebuild. If you cant see that we are setting ourselves up for a period of sustained success then I'll see you on the bandwagon in 3 years. :thumbsup:

:clap:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:16 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

So far allthe ins for the Silvagni era:

THE NUCLEUS
Weitering
McKay
C Curnow
Cuningham
J Silvagni
Plowman
Marchbank
Pickett
Petrevski-Seton
Fisher
Macreadie
Polson
Williamson
Lobbe
Kennedy
Lang
Dow
O'Brien
de Koning
Schumacher
Garlett
Newman
McGovern
Setterfield
Fasolo
Owies

BUST
Korcheck
Sumner
Gorringe
Glass-McCasker
Gallucci
Palmer
Smedts
Mullett
McDaid

SERVICEABLE BUST
Kerridge
Lamb
Wright
A Silvagni

STILL ON LIST BUT ON THIN ICE
Phillips
LeBois

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:20 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Lamb got cut. Geddit?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:27 pm 
Harry Vallence

Lamb i heard might be rookie listed.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:49 pm 
Geoff Southby

The article doesn’t say if Lamb has accepted the invitation to keep training with the club. As I recall, Sumner declined the same invitation last year.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:57 pm 
Harry Vallence

BigKev wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
All makes sense. Feel for Sam Rowe though on 99. Mind you it'll be a nice ice breaker at dinner parties for him.

And it's not like Fisher, (who should've got the extra game). You're not going to give a guy a whole extra season for one game.

They dropped him for one game late in the year and brought him back next week. Ridiculous.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:00 pm 
Geoff Southby

Rod Spooky Galt wrote:
BigKev wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

They dropped him for one game late in the year and brought him back next week. Ridiculous.

Not a fan of merit based selection?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:04 pm 
Harry Vallence

aboynamedsue wrote:
Rod Spooky Galt wrote:
BigKev wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

In the context of it being Rd 18, and it making very little difference, it would have been a nice bit of forward planning (as it would have been with Brad Fisher). His cards were marked around then, as was our season, may as well have gotten something out of that game. With Roughead/Gunston/Ceglar/Schoenmakers all playing that day, not like there wasn't a match up for him either.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:10 pm 
Geoff Southby

Rod Spooky Galt wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
Rod Spooky Galt wrote:
BigKev wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

In the context of it being Rd 18, and it making very little difference, it would have been a nice bit of forward planning (as it would have been with Brad Fisher). His cards were marked around then, as was our season, may as well have gotten something out of that game. With Roughead/Gunston/Ceglar/Schoenmakers all playing that day, not like there wasn't a match up for him either.

I wouldn’t want our match committee selecting the team in such a contrived manner.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:28 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

smithy wrote:
dane wrote:
2015 trade period

Menzel (delisted)

For

Kerridge (delisted)
Lamb (delisted)
Sumner (delisted)
Plowman
Phillips

That a very negative post from a very negative poster, take a good hard look at yourself.
We won! Go the Plow!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:51 pm 
Harry Vallence

aboynamedsue wrote:
I wouldn’t want our match committee selecting the team in such a contrived manner.

How is it any more or less contrived than picking a rookie late in the year who may not be in our best 22 but keen to see how he goes, from a list management perspective, rather than merit?

Should we be never resting players? Or never blooding players to give them extra experience?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:56 pm 
Robert Walls

Rod Spooky Galt wrote:
BigKev wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

They dropped him because he wasn’t playing well, and Jones got injured and he was still the next best option. I dare say that if Jones hasn’t got injured he would have stayed in the twos.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:01 pm 
formerly Yazzamatazz

Paddycripps wrote:
Lamb got cutlet. Geddit?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102 ... 108  Next