Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:33 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 108  Next
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2018
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:24 pm 
Harry Vallence

Sydney Blue wrote:
9 games to go in season and for the past few weeks all we are talking about is what we will do with pick 1.
Unless this mindset changes and changes quickly the club is not going anywhere anytime soon.
Carlton have a look at your 3 best players
Pick 12 ,12 and 13
Draft picks wont change this club

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

You’ve posted in the list management thread a question on why people are talking about list management? I think it’s obvious, we’re last on the ladder and likely to have the 1st pick in the draft.

Post subject: List Management 2018
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:25 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Blue Sombrero wrote:
bluebo baggers wrote:
If we finish last I can see a scenario where we trade out our pick 1 to either the Crows or Port for their 1st round pick plus a player/players or additional picks in the 2018 and 2019 draft. This gives them access to the SA gun Lukoscious (?sp) and keeps us in the first round of a good draft plus yields a player who is hopefully an established midfielder with some leg speed

I suggested this a week ago in the recruitment forum for the same reason.
Sinbagger thinks it's stupid to not add a priority pick on top of such brilliant manoeuvring

Fixed for you....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:40 am 
Stephen Kernahan

sinbagger wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
bluebo baggers wrote:
If we finish last I can see a scenario where we trade out our pick 1 to either the Crows or Port for their 1st round pick plus a player/players or additional picks in the 2018 and 2019 draft. This gives them access to the SA gun Lukoscious (?sp) and keeps us in the first round of a good draft plus yields a player who is hopefully an established midfielder with some leg speed

I suggested this a week ago in the recruitment forum for the same reason.
Sinbagger thinks it's stupid to not add a priority pick on top of such brilliant manoeuvring

Fixed for you....

Check.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:54 pm 
Rod Ashman

In the thread "The Crying Room", HTP posted a link to what I thought was a good article about where Carlton is at, (http://www.hpnfooty.com/?p=29899). It contained the following:

The recruitment of Lobbe, O’Shea, Mullett, Lang et al speaks of a team not trying to contend in the short term, but instead to build a good cultural environment so they can do so in a few years time as more talent filters in and develops. The latter three were considered to be solid figures around their previous clubs, and will likely provide more off-field than on it.

This is one thing that most of us are not in a position to judge, but I think it's very important.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:40 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

BigKev wrote:
In the thread "The Crying Room", HTP posted a link to what I thought was a good article about where Carlton is at, (http://www.hpnfooty.com/?p=29899). It contained the following:

The recruitment of Lobbe, O’Shea, Mullett, Lang et al speaks of a team not trying to contend in the short term, but instead to build a good cultural environment so they can do so in a few years time as more talent filters in and develops. The latter three were considered to be solid figures around their previous clubs, and will likely provide more off-field than on it.

This is one thing that most of us are not in a position to judge, but I think it's very important.
But, but, but O'Shite.... And O'No.... and.... and.... The sky is falling.... Bolton is a dud because he hasn't played AFL footy (like Tim Watson and Royce Hart and Kevin Bartlett and Michael Voss and James Hird and Bill Goggin and.... all those other great coaches).

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:28 am 
Harry Vallence

moshe25 wrote:
BigKev wrote:

But, but, but O'Shite.... And O'No.... and.... and.... The sky is falling.... Bolton is a dud because he hasn't played AFL footy (like Tim Watson and Royce Hart and Kevin Bartlett and Michael Voss and James Hird and Bill Goggin and.... all those other great coaches).

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:08 am 
Stephen Silvagni

How about we give up our 2018 & 2019 1st rounders for Josh Kelly and we take Shiel next year via FA ?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:08 pm 
formerly BlueRob

Rexy wrote:
How about we give up our 2018 & 2019 1st rounders for Josh Kelly and we take Shiel next year via FA ?

This year and next are really good drafts. Having said that ... this does not sound like a bad idea.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:26 pm 
Harry Vallence

BigBlueWave wrote:
Rexy wrote:

This year and next are really good drafts. Having said that ... this does not sound like a bad idea.

I beg to differ, Josh kelly is not worth Jack Lukosius let alone our 2019 draft pick too.
But I'd trade away our 2019 1st pick ( top 4 or 5?) and Bulldogs 2nd rounder and our 2018 PP perhaps pick 19 in heartbeat for Kelly.
Yes Shiel via FA.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:09 pm 
Bruce Comben

Id love to get Eddie Betts back home anyone else feel like this?
I like the idea of offering our first round pick for Shiel but in next years draft not this years.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:51 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Thanos wrote:

People really need to move on and stop crying about the past.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:02 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Thanos wrote:
I like the idea of offering our first round pick for Shiel but in next years draft not this years.
Happy to get him back for naught... Good mentor and probably will still be playing when he is 60......next year :lol:

Go Blues

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:21 pm 
Bob Chitty

Thanos wrote:

This one still stings me mate. He is Carlton through and through

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:15 pm 
Bert Deacon

we must keep P1 this year if if we do finish last

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:28 pm 
formerly BlueRob

bmaurizio wrote:
BigBlueWave wrote:
Rexy wrote:

I beg to differ, Josh kelly is not worth Jack Lukosius let alone our 2019 draft pick too.
But I'd trade away our 2019 1st pick ( top 4 or 5?) and Bulldogs 2nd rounder and our 2018 PP perhaps pick 19 in heartbeat for Kelly.
Yes Shiel via FA.

Posters said the same thing when I advocated throwing everything at getting Tom Mitchell (when he was at Swans) because I believed he was the best young talent available and would probably win a Brownlow. Mitchell is on the verge of doing that and in retrospect would have been a steal giving away our 1st round pick. (And yes I know it would have been hard to convince him to come ... but thats not really my point). Sometimes the best young talent is already playing for another team. Carlton need to look at all their options.

With regards to the draft:

Lukosius is a talent to be sure (mind you I don't believe he is as talented as Rankine), but I reckon our focus must be on midfielders ... I think getting Lukosius would be a mistake mainly because we are in dire need of midfielders and IMO the early midfielders in the draft are of equal or superior talent to Lukosius. Just my opinion! :smile:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:50 pm 
Bruce Doull

In theory I agree with the concept of exchanging Lukosius for multiple mids.

But then I hear people say things like “Yeah but imagine having 2 Charlie Curnows” and my mind breaks.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:48 pm 
Harry Vallence

Donstuie wrote:
In theory I agree with the concept of exchanging Lukosius for multiple mids.

But then I hear people say things like “Yeah but imagine having 2 Charlie Curnows” and my mind breaks.

Agree succinctly put, imagine two athletic beasts, great work ethic, good skills romping around our forward ? After many years of deprivation it will rain goals, finally the resurrection of the CFC.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:57 pm 
Bob Chitty

How many of our #1s have lived up to expectation?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:06 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

@TomBrowne7
Follow Follow @TomBrowne7
More
I understand Marc Murphy will recommit to the blues, in a major boost for the club. The deal is still to be finalised, but could be announced within the week #exclusive @7NewsMelbourne

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:30 pm 
Geoff Southby

Great news, if true. Hopefully it helps Cripps decide to extend his contract soon.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 108  Next