Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:05 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 108  Next
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2018
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:17 pm 
Bruce Doull

One of the things I rarely hear mentioned in the whole "why would anyone want to play for us" back and forth is the role player managers.

I'm not across who manages who, but can we assume that opportunities may exist that a "stable" of players can be approached via their manager, and that knowing that "player-x and player-y are keen if you are" might be a factor? Has anyone looked into who manages the players we've been speaking about or for any other common links?

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:48 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Connors

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:04 pm 
Harry Vallence

Liam Shiels anyone? Spends a lot of time injured is main concern, seriously underrated though.
I would be inclined to consider Aaron Hall at no more than 450-500k. He is unfairly maligned in my eyes.
If we can't attract top line talent like deGoey, Gaff, Sloane these guys would straight away bolster the midfield.
Replacing some of these talls Rowe/ASOS/Phillips/Lobbe with a Shiels/Hall/Wallis should be a priority

Post subject: List Management 2018
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:22 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Shiels ahead of Hall. Would add leadership to our group, something we need.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:56 am 
Stephen Silvagni

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/06/24/carlton-list-boss-silvagni-speaks-in-depth-about-where-the-club-is-at/

SOS stating the bleeding obvious for those who still can't see the logic.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:05 pm 
Rod Ashman

Could someone who knows about these things kindly let me know what early draft picks we have this upcoming draft?

I don't mean "use a crystal ball", but I know we did a fair bit trading last year and I've lost track of things.

I think we have a first rounder, (#1 or #2 most likely), plus maybe a couple of second rounders, (ours? I think Adelaides?). Not sure if there's anything different from the third rounders onwards.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:42 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Carlton

Traded in: Adelaide's second-round pick, Western Bulldogs' second-round pick, Geelong's fourth-round pick
Traded out: Second-round pick (Adelaide), third-round pick (Adelaide), fourth-round pick (Geelong)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:48 pm 
Rod Ashman

So we need both Adelaide and the Bulldogs to drop further down the ladder.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:49 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

BigKev wrote:
Could someone who knows about these things kindly let me know what early draft picks we have this upcoming draft?

I don't mean "use a crystal ball", but I know we did a fair bit trading last year and I've lost track of things.

I think we have a first rounder, (#1 or #2 most likely), plus maybe a couple of second rounders, (ours? I think Adelaides?). Not sure if there's anything different from the third rounders onwards.

Cheers.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/ ... t-56426651

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:23 pm 
Harry Vallence

carntheblues wrote:
So we need both Adelaide and the Bulldogs to drop further down the ladder.

The cards are definitely falling our way with the bulldogs and crows both having poor seasons, I'm not sure how much of this SOS actually envisaged and how much is blind luck?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:58 pm 
Rod Ashman

Thanks everyone for the quick response.

So bottom line is that without trading out anymore players we're a good chance for three picks in the top 30.

It is my hope that all three picks are used in the draft, (rather than traded for recycled players).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:05 pm 
Robert Walls

If we finish last I can see a scenario where we trade out our pick 1 to either the Crows or Port for their 1st round pick plus a player/players or additional picks in the 2018 and 2019 draft. This gives them access to the SA gun Lukoscious (?sp) and keeps us in the first round of a good draft plus yields a player who is hopefully an established midfielder with some leg speed

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:14 pm 
Harry Vallence

bluebo baggers wrote:
If we finish last I can see a scenario where we trade out our pick 1 to either the Crows or Port for their 1st round pick plus a player/players or additional picks in the 2018 and 2019 draft. This gives them access to the SA gun Lukoscious (?sp) and keeps us in the first round of a good draft plus yields a player who is hopefully an established midfielder with some leg speed

I would only be prepared to do this if we got pick 2 or 3 in return, so we could draft Walsh or Smith. It would probably have to be a 3 way trade.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:43 pm 
Craig Bradley

We've had early picks coming out of our backside the last few years. Time to add some size and ability to our kids therefore turn Pick 1 into two first rounders. Hence either trade for two stars or one star and one good draft pick. May as well get two good players rather than one.

Post subject: List Management 2018
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:51 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

9 games to go in season and for the past few weeks all we are talking about is what we will do with pick 1.
Unless this mindset changes and changes quickly the club is not going anywhere anytime soon.
Carlton have a look at your 3 best players
Pick 12 ,12 and 13
Draft picks wont change this club

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:10 am 
Ken Hunter

Is the club talking about pick one or the supporters?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:13 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

dannyboy wrote:
Is Sticks part of the club and Bolton responded to a question about it.
When asked would you consider trading pick 1 he responds by saying we are open to all strategy.
The right response should have been that we wont get pick 1 so the question is irrelevant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:53 am 
Stephen Kernahan

bluebo baggers wrote:

I suggested this a week ago in the recruitment forum for the same reason.
Sinbagger thinks it's stupid.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:55 am 
Robert Walls

Blue Sombrero wrote:
bluebo baggers wrote:

I suggested this a week ago in the recruitment forum for the same reason.
Sinbagger thinks it's stupid.

Well we can't all be right BS!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:24 am 
Ken Hunter

Sydney Blue wrote:
dannyboy wrote:
Is Sticks part of the club and Bolton responded to a question about it.
When asked would you consider trading pick 1 he responds by saying we are open to all strategy.
The right response should have been that we wont get pick 1 so the question is irrelevant

And then everyone would have called him a fool - well all except you who would have stood and applauded - wonder if he would hear your applause above the laughter, sniggers and mutterings of the old "we're Carlton @#$%&! the rest..."

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 108  Next