Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:13 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100 ... 108  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:32 am 
Stephen Silvagni

GWS wrote:
Rexy wrote:
I remember the hype around Murph back in ‘05 - very similar to Walsh

There was hype around Murphy as a player and he went on to won a AFLCA award.

No hype around his leadership abilities.

IIRC he was touted as a future captain early on.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:38 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Rexy wrote:
GWS wrote:
Rexy wrote:
I remember the hype around Murph back in ‘05 - very similar to Walsh

There was hype around Murphy as a player and he went on to won a AFLCA award.

No hype around his leadership abilities.

IIRC he was touted as a future captain early on.

Despite clearly showing next to no leadership ability.

We’ve been a very dumb club for a long time.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:40 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Yep. I just hope the hype re Walsh is accurate this time.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:46 pm 
Harry Vallence

Rexy wrote:
Yep. I just hope the hype re Walsh is accurate this time.

Why?

If this kid is half the hype, then it will already be a great pickup.

FWIW, my brother-in-law (Essendon* supporter) kids played in some carnival with Walsh and he said that Walsh was so far ahead of the rest of the kids there it was not funny, he reckons he's a once in 25y player. The king brothers were also playing in the comp so it does give some perspective of the quality of the kids that were playing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:33 pm 
Ken Hunter

We brought in four players through the trade period and we have had four senior players either delisted or retire so far.
At least three of the uncontracted players will be delisted I think.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:07 pm 
John James

kezza wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-discussion-thread-xiv-facts-not-welcome.1207094/page-360
ericpascoe wrote:
Pretty confident that when 830 comes around
Nic Newman will be a Carlton player
Dylan Shiel will be an Essendon*** player
Pick one will still be ours
Our first pick next year will still be ours

Lots of crazy stuff flying around

He's good. :thumbsup:

Has there ever been a team with as many number one draft picks in it? Or first round picks? Yet we are still glued to the bottom of the ladder!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:14 pm 
Bruce Doull

BlueDW wrote:
kezza wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-discussion-thread-xiv-facts-not-welcome.1207094/page-360
ericpascoe wrote:
Dylan Shiel will be an Essendon**** player

Has there ever been a team with as many number one draft picks in it? Or first round picks? Yet we are still glued to the bottom of the ladder!

Not relevant to what kezza said or was responding to!

!!

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:17 pm 
John James

Donstuie wrote:
BlueDW wrote:
kezza wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
ericpascoe wrote:
Dylan Shiel will be an Essendon***** player

Not relevant to what kezza said or was responding to!

!!

No relevance to having our first round picks for the next 2 years in place? Pretty sure it's totally relevant! Why don't other teams rely on having top draft picks to be successful! In fact, when was hawthorns last top 10 pick?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:21 pm 
John James

BlueDW wrote:
kezza wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
ericpascoe wrote:
Dylan Shiel will be an Essendon**** player

I look forward to having you on the bandwagon in 3 years.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:51 pm 
Robert Walls

toddkurnski wrote:
Dreaming - Shiel, Gaff, Setterfield, McGovern, Pick 1 (Rankine), Pick 24, BSOS
Expecting - McGovern, Pick 1 (Walsh), Pick 19, Pick 25, BSOS
Even with the huge amount of cash we have (105% of the SC for the next two years) I just don't think experiencd players would want to come yet.

Given we got “equalised” by the AFL I think our trade period was as expected. Didn’t think we would get Setterfield and thought we paid maybe less than expected, but that was balanced by McGovern going for perhaps a bit more. Very happy with the talent of McGovern and Setterfield. Now to get it out on the park. Our best recruit, Russell, with his work cut out, but I am always happiest at work when I am busy. I hope he feels the same. Just have to remember he is not a miracle worker. No mid range pick this year the only downside. Newman a solid get having seen him play a few times. Fasolo I’m not sold on. It’s been a long time since he was consistently good.

Cash still in the bank, first round picks still intact. However, the club need to bring someone in next year to start icing the cake. No need to keep going after kids forever. Saints will be in the same boat so the club and team better sell themselves.

Need a season like Brisbane just had. Solid all year and get 6-8 wins. If we can drag ourselves to 12-14 that will make us relevant to players in upper echelons.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:54 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Lions won one more game than GC? Watch GC get a priority pick next year.

I believe we had a great offseason. If Kennedy and Setterfield are fit, Cripps won’t need to carry so much load in the middle.

I see Ed becoming a run with to end his career as a result. That’s his best role for us going forward.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:12 pm 
Robert Walls

The Normal One wrote:
Lions won one more game than GC? Watch GC get a priority pick next year.

I believe we had a great offseason. If Kennedy and Setterfield are fit, Cripps won’t need to carry so much load in the middle.

I see Ed becoming a run with to end his career as a result. That’s his best role for us going forward.

If GC and/or Saints have a bad year, they will get PP’s. And nothing will be said. Just like nothing was said when PP’s Shuey and Darling collected their premiership medals. And no one cares that the Hawks dynasty was helped with PP’s. Or that Essendon* got given a first round pick after being banned from the draft for two years. No more PP’s will be just a 2018 aberration. AFL “Whoops”

Lions won 5 with a % of 89. Competitive all year and had a very good 25yo mid in Neale want to go there. Exactly what we want.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:05 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

toddkurnski wrote:
toddkurnski wrote:
Dreaming - Shiel, Gaff, Setterfield, McGovern, Pick 1 (Rankine), Pick 24, BSOS
Expecting - McGovern, Pick 1 (Walsh), Pick 19, Pick 25, BSOS
Even with the huge amount of cash we have (105% of the SC for the next two years) I just don't think experiencd players would want to come yet.

Given we got “equalised” by the AFL I think our trade period was as expected. Didn’t think we would get Setterfield and thought we paid maybe less than expected, but that was balanced by McGovern going for perhaps a bit more. Very happy with the talent of McGovern and Setterfield. Now to get it out on the park. Our best recruit, Russell, with his work cut out, but I am always happiest at work when I am busy. I hope he feels the same. Just have to remember he is not a miracle worker. No mid range pick this year the only downside. Newman a solid get having seen him play a few times. Fasolo I’m not sold on. It’s been a long time since he was consistently good.

Cash still in the bank, first round picks still intact. However, the club need to bring someone in next year to start icing the cake. No need to keep going after kids forever. Saints will be in the same boat so the club and team better sell themselves.

Need a season like Brisbane just had. Solid all year and get 6-8 wins. If we can drag ourselves to 12-14 that will make us relevant to players in upper echelons.

I think that's the plan.

Off field Improvement

I'm hoping Liddle will transform the membership numbers to something exciting.
I'm expecting a boost to the brand from clever marketing.
I haven't noticed any leaks from the Board in the last 3 years. A united Board sticking to the plan.
Bolton to tweak his game plan to suit the playing group.

On Field Improvement

I am expecting Andrew Russell's program to show on field improvement from Round 1. 15% Improvement.
I love the 4 new players we have acquired. Add Walsh and Docherty and that's a 35% improvement to our playing list.
A full preseason for the whole list under Russell will give us a few wins. 20% improvement given many didnt complete last years preseason.
Bolton's Game Plan tweaked for the better. Everyone improves. 10 % Improvement.

Against that back drop, we should get 6-8 wins on the Board, and a 12-14th spot on the ladder with a red bullet.

That and along with Cash in the Bank and 2019 & 2020 First Rounders up for trade, we should attract a FA and a Trade end of 2019.

Bring on 2019!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:10 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

You are aTC gem Bondi.
Another top post. :thumbsup: :smile:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:02 am 
John James

Brently8 wrote:
BlueDW wrote:
kezza wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
ericpascoe wrote:
Dylan Shiel will be an Essendon***** player

I look forward to having you on the bandwagon in 3 years.

Lol, I am anything but a fair weather supporter. 17 years of being crap is enough to make any supporter doubt that success is just around the corner. Sorry if my opinions don't measure up to yours. By the way, what will happen in 3 years that will potentially make me "jump on the bandwagon"? Because other teams around us are improving "now", not in 3 years time.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:04 am 
Harry Vallence

Our issue is here is that we need to take a minimum of three selections on draft night.

1, 69 and 71 currently. We can match a bid on Ben Silvagni up to pick 50 without effecting next year's first round pick. Wonder if this means we pick up Hickmott as the last pick in the draft now to satisfy minimum three picks, rather than as a rookie as earlier intended?

We need to delist 3 more players. I'm assuming Rowe/Lamb delisted and re-rookied, with one of Graham or Kerridge gone, or both gone and only one re-rookied?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:33 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Rod Spooky Galt wrote:
Our issue is here is that we need to take a minimum of three selections on draft night.

1, 69 and 71 currently. We can match a bid on Ben Silvagni up to pick 50 without effecting next year's first round pick. Wonder if this means we pick up Hickmott as the last pick in the draft now to satisfy minimum three picks, rather than as a rookie as earlier intended?

We need to delist 3 more players. I'm assuming Rowe/Lamb delisted and re-rookied, with one of Graham or Kerridge gone, or both gone and only one re-rookied?

Graham should be recruited to the NB's. He's a proven leader at that level.

Rowe as a rookie would be great for his strength and experience, let alone we could get him one more game to get his namae on the locker with 100 games for CFC.

Casboult too for his experience and to play to a game plan similar to the seniors with a couple bonafide targets in the forwardline.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:39 am 
Robert Walls

Rod Spooky Galt wrote:

List needs more Hickmott, not sure why, it just does. Maybe it’s the little bit of mongrel, usually directed at the footy or the opposition player holding the footy, of his old man. Fisher can do that all by himself.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:21 pm 
Bruce Doull

http://m.carltonfc.com.au/news/2018-10- ... _115767111

Quote:
CARLTON Football Club has made four changes to its list following the conclusion of the 2018 NAB AFL Trade Period.

Sam Rowe, Jed Lamb, Sam Kerridge and Nick Graham have been told they will not be offered new contracts next season.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:33 pm 
Harry Vallence

Quote:
Lamb has been invited to train with the playing group at the start of the pre-season with the potential to be listed by the Club later this year.

Scummy to have left Rowe stranded on 99. I really hope we're trading our future first back in to this years' draft now.

* - Likely to be effected with negative points after father/son bids.
* - What's our backup plan if someone bids on BSOS before pick 50?
* - Are what's available with the 2 last picks in the draft going to necessarily be better than Rowe/Lamb? Have we learnt nothing from last year?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100 ... 108  Next