Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:00 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 108  Next
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2018
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:54 pm 
Rod Ashman

Blue Sombrero wrote:
AIRCAV wrote:
Free agency without cost to the team getting the FA is the farce. It’s allowed the top 4 clubs to get AA players at absolutely no cost. It’s not the compensation that’s broken, it’s the cost.
We could lose Cripps in a couple of years to a top 4 side.
It’s completely broken. The cap was expected to be the limiter but they overlooked that the top clubs are selling premiership glory and so aren’t paying market rates.Hawks have rorted it for all its worth. And the lower teams have all been raped,.

WE did it when we were fab.
The circle will turn.

Maybe the FA needs to be reviewed so there is a cost to the gaining team as you said above..
How about the player has points allocated to him like F/S and academy draftees and if (Hawks) want (Cripps) in two years, they have to pay Carlton the going rate of 45000 points which would equate to them giving Carlton their first three picks in the 2020 draft.
That would slow them down a bit.
The current situation is never going to equalise anything as you said.

I like the theory, but I don’t want anymore AFL determined values

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:54 pm 
Harry Vallence

SurreyBlue wrote:
Effes wrote:
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/why-the-blues-need-an-afl-hand-out-20180525-p4zhh6.html

Why the Blues need an AFL hand-out
By Jake Niall
25 May 2018 — 11:52am

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Send via Email

Leave a comment

On Sunday, Carlton were beaten by 109 points by the Demons, in what was surely the club's nadir under Brendon Bolton, whose team has won two of its past 19 matches, with games against Geelong and Sydney next.

I’m embarrassed that my club is still looking/talking about handouts....

I'm more embarrassed by 100 point losses, handouts never hurt anyone, no one talks about the Hawthorn freebies it was all "muh great culture" and "Family club", their shitbird coach can spin fairy tales because if you have success the handouts are forgotten.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:10 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bondiblue wrote:
I believe in the plan. I love the plan moving forward, and am going to love what happens in the next 2 years if the club stays the course.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:19 pm 
Rod Ashman

kezza wrote:
buzzaaaah wrote:
If Murphy walks, that restricts our ability to go after a free agent

We wouldn't get much compo anyway.
What free agents would really want to come to Carlton?

Ones that are paid way overs ... which then pisses off players already at the club on lesser deals.
That's why I argue that an FA will give us FA value at the moment - it's too soon.

Has everyone already forgotten the Daisy Thomas deal?

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:00 pm 
Harry Vallence

There is a lot of shite on here about the lack of compo pick for Waite.

Waite was paid a pittance for his first 2 year deal, plus he was 30 plus years old. He was actually offered more $$s buy the blues.

The FA has to be paid an average salary in the top 50th percentile for the effected club to get a compo pick and Waite wasn’t.

And if we had snuck in for a compo pick it would have been a 3rd rounder or about pick 40-odd IIRC. History suggests Shane Rogers would have been next to no chance of selecting anyone decent.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:07 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

sticksaftersiren87 wrote:

Waite was paid a pittance for his first 2 year deal, plus he was 30 plus years old. He was actually offered more $$s buy the blues.

The FA has to be paid an average salary in the top 50th percentile for the effected club to get a compo pick and Waite wasn’t.

And if we had snuck in for a compo pick it would have been a 3rd rounder or about pick 40-odd IIRC. History suggests Shane Rogers would have been next to no chance of selecting anyone decent.
Doesn't that make you smell a rat.
Here Waitey heres 2 years but don't worry we will sign you up for another 2 later on

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:50 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Sydney Blue wrote:
sticksaftersiren87 wrote:

Doesn't that make you smell a rat.
Here Waitey heres 2 years but don't worry we will sign you up for another 2 later on

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
'Oh and BTW, we're not paying you anything.....'
2 years later...

'oh, we'll give you 2 years (even though you were injured at the end of the first two) and we'll pay you so much we have to make room in our cap and retire our record games holder'

No, I can't smell a rat, seems perfectly normal... Happens with 33 year olds all the time....

Go Blues

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:40 pm 
Harry Vallence

This whole F##### sport is on the nose.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:47 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

smithy wrote:
This whole F##### sport is on the nose.

Um...yeah.

Well spotted. :thumbsup:

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:52 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bondiblue wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
AIRCAV wrote:
Free agency without cost to the team getting the FA is the farce. It’s allowed the top 4 clubs to get AA players at absolutely no cost. It’s not the compensation that’s broken, it’s the cost.
We could lose Cripps in a couple of years to a top 4 side.
It’s completely broken. The cap was expected to be the limiter but they overlooked that the top clubs are selling premiership glory and so aren’t paying market rates.Hawks have rorted it for all its worth. And the lower teams have all been raped,.

WE did it when we were fab.
The circle will turn.

Maybe the FA needs to be reviewed so there is a cost to the gaining team as you said above..
How about the player has points allocated to him like F/S and academy draftees and if (Hawks) want (Cripps) in two years, they have to pay Carlton the going rate of 45000 points which would equate to them giving Carlton their first three picks in the 2020 draft.
That would slow them down a bit.
The current situation is never going to equalise anything as you said.

You have no idea how big our "war chest" is for the next 2 years.
I have an idea from what Ive been told and how they have achieved this flexibility.
If you believe money talks...well it will, and we will not lose players we want to keep.
SOS is talking to everyone's manager. No stone unturned.

I don't like losing, especially by 100 points, but hey, look at the injury toll.

I believe in the plan. I love the plan moving forward, and am going to love what happens in the next 2 years if the club stays the course.

I was referring to the FA scenario as it stands, not the rebuild, mate.
I think you misunderstood.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:36 pm 
Craig Bradley

AFL should just inflate any Murphy compensation (ala Frawley for Melbourne) if they’re too scared to give us a priority pick

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 1:16 pm 
Ken Hunter

We can forget about a PP, Gerard Whately thinks it would be an outrage if we get one.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 1:23 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

kezza wrote:
We can forget about a PP, Gerard Whately thinks it would be an outrage if we get one.

why of course he does !

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 4:59 pm 
Harry Vallence

kezza wrote:

He must really hate us!
Of course Cats have had no assistance with the new stadium and 9 home games every year.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 6:03 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

kezza wrote:

Good point.

I'm weary of him.
He's got his gripes at Carlton from way back probably further back than 1995.
Always takes the chance to have a dig at Carlton.

Check him out if you have plenty of time. He's a fake fence sitter.

Together with Hocking and Dangerfield they are The Geelong Mafia moles.
Media, Commission, Players. What else is there left? Food? Ron Evans has got that all sown up, and he's 6 foot under.
The AFL is corrupted to the core.

Don't worry about the influence of Chinese in our political landscape, even worse, these 3 muppets (Whately Hocking Dangerfield) have infiltrated our great game, implying the AFL, in a BIG way. Makes me sick TBH.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 6:08 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Princes Park Whistler wrote:
kezza wrote:

He must really hate us!
Of course Cats have had no assistance with the new stadium and 9 home games every year.

Its not even a Footy Ground.

Kardinia Park is the AFLs equivalent to Cricket NZ ground Eden Park as a weird shape.
Eden Park is thge ground with the short square wings. Hook and a 6. In essence its a rugby ground.

Quite pathetic really when you consider the Vistorian Govt has invested changes to the ground 3 times in the past 10 years and it still has the weirdest square wings of all sports requiring an OVAL.

Geelong AFL Mafia.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 6:14 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

How much compo would Carlton receive from the AFL if it chose not to match the following North Melbourne contract?

5-6 years.
$500-650 K per year
plus other stuff, and a ring for their fiance.

Have a guess

Post subject: List Management 2018
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:39 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Jessie Palmer is worth a rookie role. Has talent, but a bad Armfield Mo.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:47 pm 
Harry Vallence

kezza wrote:

Whateley is a flog of the highest order. Always has been. he has a face and nose especially that's waiting for a round house that floors him. :fight:

It's strange that when bucks was under all that pressure over 3 years, he supported him publicly. Why? He was a resident 360 coach.

He has this view as he wants Carlton supporters to call him on radio during the week to up his ratings. Not worth it.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:04 pm 
Harry Vallence

Wangers wrote:
kezza wrote:

Whateley is a flog of the highest order. Always has been. he has a face and nose especially that's waiting for a round house that floors him. :fight:

It's strange that when bucks was under all that pressure over 3 years, he supported him publicly. Why? He was a resident 360 coach.

He has this view as he wants Carlton supporters to call him on radio during the week to up his ratings. Not worth it.

Indeed, I hope the maggot holidays somewhere in the middle east and gets captured by ISIS, it would the only time he could bring any sort of enjoyment to a viewing audience.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 108  Next