Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:00 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 108  Next
 Post subject: List Management 2018
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:42 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Could still have 2 or 3 years left yet :wink:

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: List Management 2018
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:11 am 
Stephen Kernahan

billc3 wrote:
Could still have 2 or 3 years left yet :wink:

He is like the Eveready bunny.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:36 am 
Harry Vallence

Certainly 2 seasons in him yet and could reach 350 mark yet.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:27 pm 
Rod Ashman

bmaurizio wrote:

Age is a bugger. When it hits, it hits fast.

Also, any player over 33 like Simmo is only one injury away from ending their career. Clubs don't hang on to re-hab older players. ie Judd.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:03 pm 
Rod Ashman

our list is growing and with a multi number of players ready to step in and grow into his position for the future i see this as his last year

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:58 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

muzza wrote:
bmaurizio wrote:

Age is a bugger. When it hits, it hits fast.

Also, any player over 33 like Simmo is only one injury away from ending their career. Clubs don't hang on to re-hab older players. ie Judd.

Even if he has two seasons left in his body, his place in the team is by no means guaranteed.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:59 pm 
Laurie Kerr

muzza wrote:
billc3 wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
HTP wrote:
Wowsie. First time I recall all top 40 numbers taken.

Ben will have to wait.
Kouta's number?

6 might be available...could be his last.

What about no 11 for Ben, The double one!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:01 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

muzza wrote:
billc3 wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
HTP wrote:
Wowsie. First time I recall all top 40 numbers taken.

Ben will have to wait.
Kouta's number?

6 might be available...could be his last.
Nah we always retire Premiership player numbers for a season.

Justgiveusthecup

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:14 pm 
Bruce Doull

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2018-0 ... iting-team

Quote:
CARLTON Football Club is pleased to announce the appointment of Michael Agresta to the role of List Manager.

Agresta joins the Blues from the Sydney Swans, where he served in the role of National Recruiting Manager for seven years.

Reporting into the GM of List Management and Strategy Stephen Silvagni, the 39-year-old will focus on player acquisition and list management, as well as other key areas of the football department including TPP and compliance.

In a further boost to its recruiting department, Carlton has secured the services of Dale Bleach, who arrives at Ikon Park from his time at Hawthorn Football Club in the role of Recruiting Officer.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:12 pm 
John Nicholls

Ooh yeah.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:53 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Re Marc Murphy

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/mor ... 4z217.html

He is about to begin negotiations over a new contract with Carlton, which means that, barring an act of malice from the Blues or troubled negotiation, he’ll end his career on Royal Parade.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:52 am 
Stephen Kernahan

People all over the forum saying this player or that player is a spud, is no good, is useless and so on. Look at what happens to spuds when they go to a team with support around them. They suddenly have a bit of extra space, a bit of extra time. They also have a bit of extra confidence. We need to develop the team around the so-called spuds to get to a level where they can strut their stuff. SPS is a classic example. Every commentator in the game says he is a super talent but because he hasn't won the Brownlow yet, he is getting calls here to be dropped, that he's soft. Dow is already 'Russell MkII' on some thtreads.

Much has also been said in various threads of our raiding the GWS fringe players and picking up rejects from clubs performing badly.

The GWS fringe players would have been picked up early by any of the other clubs had they had access to the compromised draft. If you can't get a regular game in the GWS midfield (see Kennedy) or the Geelong midfield for that matter, that doen't make you a second rate player. It means you can't force Dangerfield, Ablett, Selwood and co into the seconds. (Enter Lang).

Recruiting players from a poorly performing team doesn't mean they are no good. We raided teams for years and won flags with players from Fitzroy, South, StK, Sydney and Geelong. Now they raid us in return or pick up our discards and get spuds like Betts, Garlett, Waite, Sauce, Grigg, even Holman. Grigg was lambasted here for ages as useless before going to Richmond, becoming one of the biggest uncontested possession winners in the AFL for a time and now winning a flag. Spud. But Collins went OK.

Give the team a chance. Not every player we pick will make it but that doesn't mean none of them will.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:36 pm 
Rod Ashman

I think we need a slight deviation from the draft only/youth only approach and need to drop some proven AFL quality players with leadership into the side to give the kids some breathing space. Not every player you recruit needs to play in your next flag but they all need to contribute to your next flag.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:59 pm 
formerly King Kenny

DesEnglish wrote:
I think we need a slight deviation from the draft only/youth only approach and need to drop some proven AFL quality players with leadership into the side to give the kids some breathing space. Not every player you recruit needs to play in your next flag but they all need to contribute to your next flag.

Richie Vanderberg

Lewis at Melbourne

Hodge at Brisbane

Pick the right type and get them for that purpose.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:47 pm 
Rod Ashman

There are a few holes in our list but apart from Curnow, fisher and maybe Cunningham which players have developed?
Weitering- worse
SOS- worse
SPS- Barely stagnant
Etc.

Then I watch Tim English Ruck for the bulldogs and see a kid who was a string leaf develop an AFL body and all I can think is why is Harry Mackay playing seconds?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:17 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blue Sombrero wrote:
People all over the forum saying this player or that player is a spud, is no good, is useless and so on. Look at what happens to spuds when they go to a team with support around them. They suddenly have a bit of extra space, a bit of extra time. They also have a bit of extra confidence. We need to develop the team around the so-called spuds to get to a level where they can strut their stuff. SPS is a classic example. Every commentator in the game says he is a super talent but because he hasn't won the Brownlow yet, he is getting calls here to be dropped, that he's soft. Dow is already 'Russell MkII' on some thtreads.

Much has also been said in various threads of our raiding the GWS fringe players and picking up rejects from clubs performing badly.

The GWS fringe players would have been picked up early by any of the other clubs had they had access to the compromised draft. If you can't get a regular game in the GWS midfield (see Kennedy) or the Geelong midfield for that matter, that doen't make you a second rate player. It means you can't force Dangerfield, Ablett, Selwood and co into the seconds. (Enter Lang).

Recruiting players from a poorly performing team doesn't mean they are no good. We raided teams for years and won flags with players from Fitzroy, South, StK, Sydney and Geelong. Now they raid us in return or pick up our discards and get spuds like Betts, Garlett, Waite, Sauce, Grigg, even Holman. Grigg was lambasted here for ages as useless before going to Richmond, becoming one of the biggest uncontested possession winners in the AFL for a time and now winning a flag. Spud. But Collins went OK.

Give the team a chance. Not every player we pick will make it but that doesn't mean none of them will.

stop making sense

hope you are well though

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:44 am 
Stephen Kernahan

bender wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:

stop making sense

hope you are well though

Yep. Thanks. I hope you are both well too and enjoying the London weather.
Same as you with the OS hours breaking my sleep pattern and for what???

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:02 pm 
Bruce Comben

Ex Carlton players currently playing senior footy at other clubs Betts, Jacobs, Gibbs, Bell, Robinson, Henderson, Tuohy, Holman, Garlett, Waite, Grigg??
Is there any I have forgotten??

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:06 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

17premierships wrote:
Ex Carlton players currently playing senior footy at other clubs Betts, Jacobs, Gibbs, Bell, Robinson, Henderson, Tuohy, Holman, Garlett, Waite, Grigg??
Gowers
Kennedy
Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:56 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

17premierships wrote:

Billy Gowers

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 108  Next