Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:21 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:54 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:41 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Whooooosh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:38 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

You have a superfluous “s”.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:04 am 
Bert Deacon

DocSherrin III wrote:
Membership department rang out of the blue today...answered every question I had without hesitation. Excellent customer service.

Ok...they aren't accepting payment in cryptocurrency (yet), but sometimes all they have to do is call. Knowing their shit helps. I signed up on the spot.

If that level of quality service is now the norm and it's coupled with a reasonably exciting brand of footy - then adding 20,000 on top of what is already there should be very attainable.
I had an almost identical experience yesterday. Got the call, excellent, friendly and helpful customer service and re-signed the four of us then and there. Done and dusted in 7 minutes. +4 to the membership tally.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:10 pm 
Rod Ashman

DesEnglish wrote:
I wonder what effort the club has made to 'reconnect' with those that haven't renewed, not just this year but over the last few years. There has to be plenty out there.

not much based on my experience.

plenty of mates have fallen off in the last 5 years+ and they have not been contacted. most were members since early 90's prior to that.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:27 pm 
Ken Hunter

Myself and my daughter got our membership packs but my husband and the cat (lol) are still waiting. We all signed up or renewed at the same time.
Anyone else still waiting?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:59 am 
Rod Ashman

doofdoof wrote:
DesEnglish wrote:
I wonder what effort the club has made to 'reconnect' with those that haven't renewed, not just this year but over the last few years. There has to be plenty out there.

plenty of mates have fallen off in the last 5 years+ and they have not been contacted. most were members since early 90's prior to that.

I find it quite odd. You'd think they'd be exactly who you'd target.

Even if they don't re sign you'd at least have a clear guide as to what the issues might be and be able to better manage things moving forward

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:00 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

They’ll bandwagon back on soon enough.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:13 am 
Bruce Doull

A good and accurate summation from Niall.

Why Blues fans lack the fire of the Tigers

Jake Niall wrote:
The disconnection between the Blues and many of their fans is a slow-burn problem with historic roots.

Richmond can be likened to the Chicago Cubs, in that belonging to the tribe supersedes winning. The supporter is central to the club identity. The same applies, to a lesser extent, to Collingwood, who are defined by an up-against-them psychology and treat victory like a form of revenge against everyone.

The Carlton tribe, by contrast, was long wedded to the notion that the Blues are ruthless winners, who will achieve success, by hook or by crook; that they will not tolerate defeat for long. Unfortunately, many supporters won't tolerate defeat for long either.

Further, there's an argument that Carlton has been a top-down, rather than a bottom-up club. The long shadow cast by billionaires and other benefactors – Richard Pratt, John Elliott, Bruce Mathieson – might have led fans to think that their financial support is less crucial.

When they found themselves in times of trouble, Carlton's first instinct has been to turn to benefactors (see Pratt in 2007). The Blues have never suffered the indignity of rattling tins. Maybe they'd be better placed if they had, instead of passing the hat around Raheen.

New CEO Liddle ran the membership program at Tigerland and has seen how the Tigers connect with their people, how they manage members via the digital space – Richmond's are also the most digitally engaged, according to AFL research.

Liddle's priority must to be find a way to energise the base, without relying on winning games. He must find and foster a new kind of Carlton supporter: the patriotic member.

EDIT: Just noticed this has already been posted here. But I think it deserves to be repeated.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:35 pm 
Rod Ashman

DesEnglish wrote:
doofdoof wrote:
DesEnglish wrote:

Even if they don't re sign you'd at least have a clear guide as to what the issues might be and be able to better manage things moving forward

it's odd and disappointing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:37 pm 
Ken Hunter

A bit of a jump. 42,257

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:13 am 
Ken Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:59 am 
Stephen Kernahan

DesEnglish wrote:
doofdoof wrote:
DesEnglish wrote:

I think with a CEO who completely understands membership and associated growth - you'll start to see it, albeit slowly. But the individual has to take a first step as well. I've changed my tune about this somewhat - but there's only so much shrugging of shoulders and eye-rolling that people can do. If someone is even remotely interested in becoming a member - the tools are there for them to add an email and/or phone number to be contacted. They've put the onus onto the club and the club (touch wood) follows up on their interest and a (touch wood) friendly sales conversation begins. That initial first step took less than a minute.

If they're not remotely interested in signing up then there's not much I expect the club to do for them. At the very least they'll see the clubs membership package information via email and/or social media. Maybe the club can improve how they persuade the individual to take that first step - but I think too often there's an expectation from the Carlton non-member that Sam Docherty and Patrick Cripps will turn up on the front door with a 6-pack, a tray of wagyu rib fillet and a pre-filled membership form. That's slightly facetious - but I think you get the direction I'm going in.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:17 am 
Bruce Doull

Lil' Miss Wojee lost complete interest in footy 5-6 years ago and no longer wanted a membership. Haven't heard anything from the club in all that time.
The lone Essendon* supporting kid in the family also lost interest a few years ago and he still gets a couple of emails each year with club updates and membership offers.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:27 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Wojee wrote:
The lone Essendon** supporting kid in the family also lost interest a few years ago and he still gets a couple of emails each year with club updates and membership offers.

Spam filter fail.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:14 pm 
John James

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:31 pm 
John James

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:12 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

missnaut wrote:
Myself and my daughter got our membership packs but my husband and the cat (lol) are still waiting. We all signed up or renewed at the same time.
Anyone else still waiting?

Still Waiting....Kids are still anxious.
Missed the pre xmas deadline, however, its still only Feb....wait.....oh well.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:31 pm 
Ken Hunter

I got an email from the club regarding seats to the Geelong game. Apparently members, such as me, who have home and away memberships will be able to purchase discounted seats at an "away team" area for this game next week. It didn't mention how much the tickets were but said that they had listened to what our members have said. At least the club is doing something but we have still have been dudded with our tickets this year by only have access to 15 games for the same price as last year. So stupid by the AFL to make us play there having already been scheduled to play 6 interstate games. I doubt I will go but at least the effort his there from the club.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:19 pm 
Rod Ashman

Well, two wins in the JLT, let’s see if they can use it to drive memberships

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next