Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:30 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 440 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: 2018 injury tracker
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:38 pm 
Bruce Doull

Our team is made of glass

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2018- ... te-round-3

Lots of “hopefuls” in that.

#GUILTY

Post subject: Re: 2018 injury tracker
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:08 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Tom Browne
‏Verified account @TomBrowne7
14m14 minutes ago

In a blow for the blues, I understand key defender caleb marchbank will miss up to four weeks. Ankle's a grade one syndesmosis injury #carlton #aflbluespies #afl @7NewsMelbourne @mmmhotbreakfast @triplemfooty #blues

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:47 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Effes wrote:
Tom Browne
14m14 minutes ago

In a blow for the blues, I understand key defender caleb marchbank will miss up to four weeks. Ankle's a grade one syndesmosis injury #carlton #aflbluespies #afl @7NewsMelbourne @mmmhotbreakfast @triplemfooty #blues

Well, at least that solves our problem of too many Talls in our defence.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:55 pm 
Harry Vallence

sinbagger wrote:
Effes wrote:
Tom Browne
14m14 minutes ago

Well, at least that solves our problem of too many Talls in our defence.

True, but a little unfortunate that it was our best defender.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:50 pm 
Bruce Doull

Use the “1-2 weeks” ratio.

He’s gone for the year.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:29 pm 
Ken Hunter

FFS.
4 weeks? And the rest.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:23 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

When you’re hot you’re hot and when you’re not you’re not

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:58 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2018-0 ... or-a-month

Marchbank out for a month

Alexandra Stewart, Carlton Media April 10, 2018 4:32 PM

Newsletter
RSS

Injury Update | Round 4 Head of Football Andrew McKay brings you all the latest injury news ahead of Round 4.
Related

Bolton: Keep the faith
Fraser reviews VFL loss to Collingwood

IMPRESSIVE defender Caleb Marchbank will be sidelined for the next four weeks with an ankle injury.

The 21-year-old came off the field midway through the first term during the Blues’ 24-point loss to Collingwood on Friday night, with Head of Football Andrew McKay saying the Club would take a conservative approach with the management of his injury.

“He obviously didn’t play the whole game and went off injured with that ankle. There’s not a whole lot of damage there thankfully but he will be out for around four weeks,” McKay said.

“It will depend on his level of pain tolerance when he makes his way back into the skills program, but at this stage he’ll be out for around four weeks.”

Ruckman Matthew Lobbe is also set to face a similar stint on the sidelines, succumbing to a quad injury in the Northern Blues’ VFL Round 1 loss to the Pies on Saturday.

“Matthew unfortunately strained his quad muscle in the VFL game on the weekend. He’s into his rehab now but he’ll be out for about four weeks or so too,” he said.

McKay said Darcy Lang would undergo fitness tests this week to determine his availability for VFL selection as he overcomes an ankle injury.

“Darcy was a test last week and unfortunately didn’t get through all of training then so we’re looking at training him fully this week,” he said.

“If he gets through training, he’ll be a test at the end of the week and hopefully available for selection at VFL level. Otherwise, we’re confident he’ll get up for the following week.”

McKay said defensive duo Ciaran Byrne (quad) and Tom Williamson (back) were progressing strongly in their respective recoveries, and are expected to be available in approximately three weeks.

“Ciaran is still 3-4 weeks away before being eligible for selection. He’s doing his rehab and he’ll be back on the park sooner rather than later,” he said on Tuesday afternoon.

“Tom is progressing steadily and is still three to four weeks away like Ciaran. His back is improving, but it is still a bit stiff so we’re integrating Tom back into the skills program nice and slowly so we don’t have a recurrence of that injury.”

Meanwhile, fellow defender Alex Silvagni is continuing in his journey back from a hamstring injury and is expected to resume full training capabilities in approximately two to three weeks.

“Alex is progressing quite well with his hamstring and is two to three weeks away and will be integrated back into full training in the next couple of weeks,” McKay said.

McKay also revealed Irishman Cillian McDaid will miss the next month of football after suffering a foot injury.

“Cillian suffered a hotspot on his foot, and we noticed that last week. We’re going to take that slowly in terms of the management and he’ll be four to five weeks before he’s available for selection for the VFL.
INJURY LIST PRE-ROUND 4:

Lang (ankle) - Test

A.Silvagni (hamstring) - 2-3 weeks

Byrne (quad) - 3-4 weeks

Marchbank (ankle) - 4 weeks

Lobbe (quad) - 4 weeks

Williamson (back) - 4 weeks

McDaid (foot) - 4-5 weeks

Pickett (scaphoid) - 10 weeks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:58 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

So has Williamson actually got a stress fracture in his back?

“Tom is progressing steadily and is still three to four weeks away"

:lol:

Lang hurt himself at training again?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:14 pm 
Robert Walls

4 weeks is clearly the new 1-2 weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:54 pm 
Bruce Doull

Seriously our players are made of @#$%&! glass.

Either that or our training drills regularly include walking through bear traps or lying on medieval torture devices.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:56 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

I'd love to see a breakdown (pardon the pun) of our injuries over the last 5 yrs.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:48 pm 
Geoff Southby

Effes wrote:
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2018-04-10/marchbank-out-for-a-month

Marchbank out for a month

Alexandra Stewart, Carlton Media April 10, 2018 4:32 PM

Newsletter
RSS

Injury Update | Round 4 Head of Football Andrew McKay brings you all the latest injury news ahead of Round 4.
Related

Bolton: Keep the faith
Fraser reviews VFL loss to Collingwood

IMPRESSIVE defender Caleb Marchbank will be sidelined for the next four weeks with an ankle injury.

The 21-year-old came off the field midway through the first term during the Blues’ 24-point loss to Collingwood on Friday night, with Head of Football Andrew McKay saying the Club would take a conservative approach with the management of his injury.

“He obviously didn’t play the whole game and went off injured with that ankle. There’s not a whole lot of damage there thankfully but he will be out for around four weeks,” McKay said.

“It will depend on his level of pain tolerance when he makes his way back into the skills program, but at this stage he’ll be out for around four weeks.”

Ruckman Matthew Lobbe is also set to face a similar stint on the sidelines, succumbing to a quad injury in the Northern Blues’ VFL Round 1 loss to the Pies on Saturday.

“Matthew unfortunately strained his quad muscle in the VFL game on the weekend. He’s into his rehab now but he’ll be out for about four weeks or so too,” he said.

McKay said Darcy Lang would undergo fitness tests this week to determine his availability for VFL selection as he overcomes an ankle injury.

“Darcy was a test last week and unfortunately didn’t get through all of training then so we’re looking at training him fully this week,” he said.

“If he gets through training, he’ll be a test at the end of the week and hopefully available for selection at VFL level. Otherwise, we’re confident he’ll get up for the following week.”

McKay said defensive duo Ciaran Byrne (quad) and Tom Williamson (back) were progressing strongly in their respective recoveries, and are expected to be available in approximately three weeks.

“Ciaran is still 3-4 weeks away before being eligible for selection. He’s doing his rehab and he’ll be back on the park sooner rather than later,” he said on Tuesday afternoon.

“Tom is progressing steadily and is still three to four weeks away like Ciaran. His back is improving, but it is still a bit stiff so we’re integrating Tom back into the skills program nice and slowly so we don’t have a recurrence of that injury.”

Meanwhile, fellow defender Alex Silvagni is continuing in his journey back from a hamstring injury and is expected to resume full training capabilities in approximately two to three weeks.

“Alex is progressing quite well with his hamstring and is two to three weeks away and will be integrated back into full training in the next couple of weeks,” McKay said.

McKay also revealed Irishman Cillian McDaid will miss the next month of football after suffering a foot injury.

“Cillian suffered a hotspot on his foot, and we noticed that last week. We’re going to take that slowly in terms of the management and he’ll be four to five weeks before he’s available for selection for the VFL.
INJURY LIST PRE-ROUND 4:

Lang (ankle) - Test

A.Silvagni (hamstring) - 2-3 weeks

Byrne (quad) - 3-4 weeks

Marchbank (ankle) - 4 weeks

Lobbe (quad) - 4 weeks

Williamson (back) - 4 weeks

McDaid (foot) - 4-5 weeks

Pickett (scaphoid) - 10 weeks

Add Docherty for the season, plus the injuries we don’t know about, and I think we are now officially “having a bad run with injuries”.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:38 am 
John James

As we always do!

The Williamson one is frustrating, we could so use that run off the half back line

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:14 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Thank God we got Shaw.........

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:20 pm 
Ken Hunter

Didn't realise Pickett was out half the season. FFS, he was looking so good in Aug/Sep...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:00 pm 
Robert Walls

I know this sounds a little askew but while we're in rebuilding mode, injuries can be a blessing in disguise. It gives other players more exposure that they may not have normally got.

Having said that, even a season ending injury to Casboult won't open the door for McKay. Unfortunately, he hasn't met his 'readiness' KPI

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:03 pm 
Bruce Doull

99prelim wrote:
I know this sounds a little askew but while we're in rebuilding mode, injuries can be a blessing in disguise. It gives other players more exposure that they may not have normally got.

I’d like to think so, but every year we tell ourselves this, only for it to happen again the next year.

I’d seriously give up my left nut for an injury-free Carlton season.

#GUILTY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:23 pm 
Bruce Doull

Donstuie

Left nut

1-2 weeks

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:42 pm 
Robert Walls

CK95 wrote:
Donstuie

Left nut

1-2 weeks

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

:thumbsup:
You beat me to it

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 440 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 22  Next