Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:45 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 816 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 41  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:31 am 
formerly BlueRob

I did and always will blame the Madhouse for the loss of Eddie.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:55 am 
Geoff Southby

BigBlueWave wrote:
I did and always will blame the Madhouse for the loss of Eddie.

OK i get it Wave...................but why did Eddie tug on our heart strings when his reason's for leaving were something entirely something else ? very poor form to say the least.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:00 pm 
Bruce Doull

I'm still trying to figure out what Eddie Betts has to do with Cain Liddle

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:40 pm 
Geoff Southby

Donstuie wrote:

:banghead:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:40 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Donstuie wrote:

His shorts aren’t Liddle? So I’m struggling too.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:15 pm 
Geoff Southby

Its all turned to shit since they gave Trigg the lemonade and sarse.....................still don't know why.Rookie CEO,rookie coach,rookie Prez..........just about rookie everything.Reckon when you are as bad as we are,and that is worse than i have ever seen,you need experienced hard heads around the joint.,

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:17 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mickstar wrote:
Its all turned to shit since they gave Trigg the lemonade and sarse.....................still don't know why.Rookie CEO,rookie coach,rookie Prez..........just about rookie everything.Reckon when you are as bad as we are,and that is worse than i have ever seen,you need experienced hard heads around the joint.,

The Board ain’t rookies, they’ve been stinking it up for some time.

:wink:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:39 pm 
Geoff Southby

AGRO wrote:
Mickstar wrote:

The Board ain’t rookies, they’ve been stinking it up for some time.

:wink:

True Aggs............trouble is there is nobody putting there hand up to take over............reckon Bruce and his nephew would have driven up from the Goldie to watch the game today.Has he been on the radio as he usually is ( half drunk ) and going to town on everybody.Course not,Marco is his chosen one.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:34 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Being new in the job and presumably safe in the job for a while it's an opportune time for Liddle to arrange for a genuinely independent review of the board and the administration of every department.
Not doing so would be a missed opportunity.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:13 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Rexy wrote:
Being new in the job and presumably safe in the job for a while it's an opportune time for Liddle to arrange for a genuinely independent review of the board and the administration of every department.

The CEO doesn't get to review the board.

I have serious doubts they'll even let him have a major say with who gets to be the new GM of Football and does anyone really think SOS reports to Liddle apart from what it may or may not say on the orgs chart.

The McKay replacement is a huge appointment and will be a strong signal as to the future direction of the club.

If it's a heavy hitter with real power to question how the club runs then we are a chance. If it's another inexperienced football person then we've learn't nothing.

Head coach-GM Football-CEO all wearing big L plates means the board are just happy to keep power and let MLG and SOS run things and they can just keep appointing and sacking people as things deteriorate.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:13 pm 
John James

cimm1979 wrote:
Rexy wrote:

I have serious doubts they'll even let him have a major say with who gets to be the new GM of Football and does anyone really think SOS reports to Liddle apart from what it may or may not say on the orgs chart.

The McKay replacement is a huge appointment and will be a strong signal as to the future direction of the club.

If it's a heavy hitter with real power to question how the club runs then we are a chance. If it's another inexperienced football person then we've learn't nothing.

Head coach-GM Football-CEO all wearing big L plates means the board are just happy to keep power and let MLG and SOS run things and they can just keep appointing and sacking people as things deteriorate.

What are people's thoughts on Gubby Allan? It was suggested by Caro on Monday night that we are sounding him out for the McKay role.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:51 pm 
Ken Hunter

Brently8 wrote:
cimm1979 wrote:
Rexy wrote:

What are people's thoughts on Gubby Allan? It was suggested by Caro on Monday night that we are sounding him out for the McKay role.

Could only be an improvement on what we currently have.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:53 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Brently8 wrote:
cimm1979 wrote:
Rexy wrote:

Is his current abode big enough to hide a player or 2...?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:39 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Brently8 wrote:
cimm1979 wrote:
Rexy wrote:

Isn't the guy a crook?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:45 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2016-11-15/gubby-allan-resigns-from-pies-in-wake-of-12month-ban

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:57 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bluegirl72 wrote:

Cheers BG.

I thought there was some other shit in his past where he'd done some dodgy stuff.

I know there was some borderline stuff with the Treloar trade as well.

Anyway, who the hell knows but I just don't think we can afford an inexperience Head Coach, CEO and GM of Footy all working at once. Particularly with a board that has proven it's incapable of fixing whats broken or stepping aside when they've [REDACTED] up.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:58 pm 
Bruce Doull

bluegirl72 wrote:

So he’s a guy that would bring a ton of bad press and ridicule on us if we hired him?

Sweet! Where do we sign??

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:47 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Allan accepted the sanction so Whitfields personal life wouldn't be dragged through hearings, and in turn, the media.
As did Craig Lambert.
Their actions were honourable IMHO.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:55 pm 
John James

cimm1979 wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:

Cheers BG.

I thought there was some other shit in his past where he'd done some dodgy stuff.

I know there was some borderline stuff with the Treloar trade as well.

Anyway, who the hell knows but I just don't think we can afford an inexperience Head Coach, CEO and GM of Footy all working at once. Particularly with a board that has proven it's incapable of fixing whats broken or stepping aside when they've [REDACTED] up.

I agree Cimm. I'm worried Liddle is out of his depth but obviously he deserves more time to prove himself. Allan certainly seems to be a polarising figure but he has a wealth of experience. He may be the type of personality we need around the place at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:05 pm 
John James

Donstuie wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:

So he’s a guy that would bring a ton of bad press and ridicule on us if we hired him?

Sweet! Where do we sign??

These were my exact immediate thoughts as well :lol:

Then again Trigg came across after a ban and from the outside appeared to do a reasonable job of uniting the club and building some momentum.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 816 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 41  Next