Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:34 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 816 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 41  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:16 pm 
Bruce Doull

bondiblue wrote:
I don't think that Liddle's desire to be a List Manager is a secret, and am glad it was bought to light; Liddle can make suggestions and set boundaries but how much AFL footy has he played?

Four more games than Stephen Wells, as one example of an acknowledged quality list manager who hasn't played senior AFL football.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:45 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blue Vain wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
jim wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
SOS said he loved the club.....

1. What is to be gained by tipping a bucket on the Clubs CEO after all this time.
2. How does he think this helps the club and the CEO's dealings with Sponsors etc
3. How does he think his bucket tipping helps Jack.
4. SOS says he doesn't like to talk about himself but he is happy to let people know how hard done by he was.

One word................SELFISH!

SOS was paid extremely well at Carlton as a player and as List Manager. Today was just sour grapes with no real point other than to settle a score and bleat about being slighted. Suck it up precious. :garthp:

Regards Cazzesman

Why? He's not at Carlton now and very much entitled to tell his side of the story. As we all would in the same position.

He can tell his story all he likes. But if he truly loves Carlton as he stated, why do it now. Why embarrass the CEO. Serves no purposes except to settle a score for selfish personal reasons. What is the result now that it has been aired. The only outcome is for Carlton people to get a hate on for the CEO.

I wonder if SOS would love for me to go on SEN and explain to the world how my employment at CFC ended. People in glass houses etc, etc.

Regards Cazzesman

They have sacked one of his sons - possibly about to sack another - moved him on himself and used his sons as part of the reason he was moved on .

If that was me I would have said something before now in no uncertain terms

Liddle comes across as novice to me and to come out at a players sponsor function when we were up and about and say 12 players were going to be moved on was just plain dumb

Ben should never have been listed. He was a rookie selection at best. As was his school mate Finbar.
You can't compromise yourself like he did with Ben and then complain when you've been moved on for having a conflict of interest. The conflict impacted on numerous people. Would you like to be in Agrestas position? Your boss makes all the calls on list management and then "stands aside" while the decision is made on listing HIS son. Or delisting his son.
Just based upon that it became untenable. And SOS himself admitted that Judd was bought in as an intermediary so SOS didn't have to deal with the CEO. How is that a healthy relationship ongoing? I'll call the shots but I wont be answerable to the CEO or speak to him. FMD.

I loved SOS as a player but he can keep walking IMHO.

Well said BV

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:00 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

SOS will have a job in recruiting again soon if he's any good.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:26 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
jim wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
SOS said he loved the club.....

1. What is to be gained by tipping a bucket on the Clubs CEO after all this time.
2. How does he think this helps the club and the CEO's dealings with Sponsors etc
3. How does he think his bucket tipping helps Jack.
4. SOS says he doesn't like to talk about himself but he is happy to let people know how hard done by he was.

One word................SELFISH!

SOS was paid extremely well at Carlton as a player and as List Manager. Today was just sour grapes with no real point other than to settle a score and bleat about being slighted. Suck it up precious. :garthp:

Regards Cazzesman

Why? He's not at Carlton now and very much entitled to tell his side of the story. As we all would in the same position.

He can tell his story all he likes. But if he truly loves Carlton as he stated, why do it now. Why embarrass the CEO. Serves no purposes except to settle a score for selfish personal reasons. What is the result now that it has been aired. The only outcome is for Carlton people to get a hate on for the CEO.

I wonder if SOS would love for me to go on SEN and explain to the world how my employment at CFC ended. People in glass houses etc, etc.

Regards Cazzesman

They have sacked one of his sons - possibly about to sack another - moved him on himself and used his sons as part of the reason he was moved on .

If that was me I would have said something before now in no uncertain terms

Liddle comes across as novice to me and to come out at a players sponsor function when we were up and about and say 12 players were going to be moved on was just plain dumb

Ben should never have been listed. He was a rookie selection at best. As was his school mate Finbar.
You can't compromise yourself like he did with Ben and then complain when you've been moved on for having a conflict of interest. The conflict impacted on numerous people. Would you like to be in Agrestas position? Your boss makes all the calls on list management and then "stands aside" while the decision is made on listing HIS son. Or delisting his son.
Just based upon that it became untenable. And SOS himself admitted that Judd was bought in as an intermediary so SOS didn't have to deal with the CEO. How is that a healthy relationship ongoing? I'll call the shots but I wont be answerable to the CEO or speak to him. FMD.

I loved SOS as a player but he can keep walking IMHO.
So Ben is the only player over the years that didn't deserve a spot on the list??
I could think of 100 others.
Jack has done enough to hold his spot but will probably be a casualty due to Liddle ego.

SOS and his father are club legends . Liddle is a fly by nighter that will disappear as quickly as he come.

We have spent 20 years bringing in outsiders at the expense of people who have the club in their blood and where has that taken us.
Malthouse Swan Pagan Liddle.
We played our best footy when Pratt Sticks and Ratts were in charge

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:42 pm 
Harry Vallence

Allot of posters on here with the Essendon* mentality, the usual culprits!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:44 pm 
Harry Vallence

Bring back fev, bring back hirdy as ceo, ring a bell!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:04 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

camel wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
I don't think that Liddle's desire to be a List Manager is a secret, and am glad it was bought to light; Liddle can make suggestions and set boundaries but how much AFL footy has he played?

Four more games than Stephen Wells, as one example of an acknowledged quality list manager who hasn't played senior AFL football.

Just checked the bio of Cain and stephen. I did know some of that but forgot.

I don't know if Wells does/ did it all on his own. Over time, he and His team are now legends of list management.

I'm sure the team around Wells is of a different calibre and level of experience than the one around SOS.

Furthermore, no team in history has cut a list back as hard as SOS did.

I like Cain, but I'm glad Ellis didn't get to us as a FA for 5 years on the same as GCS have paid.

All water under the bridge now.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:37 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Buffoon statement no 1.
SOS position as list manager is compromised by having his 2 sons.
Buffoon statement no 2
12 players will be cut at season end right after we won 2 in a row.
Buffoon statement no 3
SOS sabotage last year's draft and trade period.

He has effectively potted half the players in 3 statements

Any wonder Gale didn't put up any resistance when he left.

He is a marketing manager not a CEO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:39 pm 
Harry Vallence

There was no need for SOS to air some dirty laundry

Serves no purpose but create unnecessary angst

Smacks of someone with a sense of entitlement

Best the club doesn’t respond and continue on

Unless he continues to bag the club on SEN, where the club may need to respond

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:04 pm 
Geoff Southby

There was just no need for this interview.
I love SOS, but he’s coming across like a divorced guy taking cheap shots at his ex wife. Of course, the anti Carlton vultures in the media are going nuts over his comments, but I find this interview a little embarrassing for him.
He’s a pretty savvy guy, and would’ve known this would bring undue heat on the Club, but he still went ahead and did the interview anyway. That act tells you all you need to know.
Will always love his playing days. Will always appreciate most of the work he did as List Manager, but coming out 12 months after the fact and digging up old dirt needlessly is very ill advised in my opinion.
He needs to let go and move on. The Club certainly has.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:17 pm 
Harry Vallence

Dominator_7 wrote:
I love SOS, but he’s coming across like a divorced guy taking cheap shots at his ex wife. Of course, the anti Carlton vultures in the media are going nuts over his comments, but I find this interview a little embarrassing for him.
He’s a pretty savvy guy, and would’ve known this would bring undue heat on the Club, but he still went ahead and did the interview anyway. That act tells you all you need to know.
Will always love his playing days. Will always appreciate most of the work he did as List Manager, but coming out 12 months after the fact and digging up old dirt needlessly is very ill advised in my opinion.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:14 pm 
Ken Hunter

Dominator_7 wrote:

Well said. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:35 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I've been a massive fan of SOS but he lost me today. The airing of dirty laundry while @#$%&! Lyon and Watson lapped it up was shithouse. You don't say you love the club and shit on it in the same breath. And then say the club put undue pressure on your sons... what did you just do to Jack? His position at the club is borderline untenable now. I fear we've seen the last of Jack in a Carlton jumper. Today's effort was trying to put heat in the club. Heat on Austin and massive heat on Liddle but for mind, SOS just comes off as being bitter with an axe to grind. Very disappointing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:49 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Pretty proud of most on here for seeing through his bullshit and questioning his motivation.

Hasn't got Jack's best interest at heart by doing this. Not sure how Serge would feel either.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:54 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Heavs wrote:
kingkerna wrote:
He's got a touch of the James Hirds about him.

Just a touch mind you.

The difference is we'll call out his bullshit, Essendon*** supporters create #standbyhird

Sadly, I think if you read stuff on BF and here that's not the case. A smaller percentage, granted, but some are just all-in on the bloke.

Bump

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:49 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

I can't bring myself to watch Caro and co feast on his comments.

This is on him, nobody else.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:52 pm 
Geoff Southby

Here come the vultures
Blah blah blah
Club divided
Carlton in Crisis
Here we go again
Thanks a lot SOS.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:14 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Do you sooky la la ever listen to the Sacked Podcast.
In the past 12 months Walls Pagan Brock Maclean and Malthouse have all aired dirty laundry on the club.
Why is SOS now the big bad boogie woogie man.

He got sacked he is out of work his son got sacked and sounds like his other son is going.
Do you really expect in a paid interview he his going to be warm and fuzzy towards his previous employer who he believes he gave the best part of his working life too.

I often wonder what planet people are on.
Maybe to much isolation is frying the brain tissues.

The AFL and football clubs thrive on controversy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:16 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Imagine doing that to your son though.

Even if he wants out, it's just plain dumb, David Cloke level dumb.

Plus it shows that there was a conflict and him talking about people not knowing the club (Liddle), well maybe he's entitled to create the next era. SOS was there as list manager not as ex champion.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:33 pm 
Wayne Johnston

bondiblue wrote:
Raising the point about being accused that SOS would " sabotage of the trade and draft period if he stayed", was unnecessary.
There's plenty of slanderous things and political bouts that don't need to be aired in public. This was the one today. Stupid.

Oh yeah, bringing in the Simpson Betts pay wasn't good for anyone either. Why would he bring that up? Highly confidential stuff.

Everything else was fine.

Cannot see how the rest really was detrimental for the club moving forward. Liddle will be fine.

Unlike his dad, SOS has probably grown up with a sense of entitlement, hence his persona, why he rubbed supporters the wrong way (he did say supporters and players are the 2 most important elements of a club, which proves, he saw himself above all that), hence wanted to climb the ladder, gave prefs to Xavier boys :lol: . AFL Commission would be happy with that.

The point about Gov being given a free ride was fantastic. That should have been said. Someone has to. The penny may finally have dropped for Gov after SOS' comments.

Lets hope that's all the dirty laundry he airs during Trade week.

I don't think he raised the value of Saad at all. The point made was that Saad was a top 5 player in a team that ended 4th last, and made the point that a HBF doesn't warrant a Top 10 pick. We all feel the same way.

What did come to light is how much bullshit posters on footy foums like TC and BF have made up as a matter of fact that SOS didnt want Eddie. Shame on you those who did.

Club doesn't need to say anything. It will all die down when we sign Williams and Saad and maybe another surprise.

What exactly did SOS say about Guv?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 816 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 41  Next