Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:52 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 816 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 41  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:49 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bmaurizio wrote:
If we are spanked a few more times by big margins and win only one or two games more in the 2nd half of the season, Liddle's tune regarding Priority Pick will change.

which makes it even crazier that liddle, in May, comes out and says we're not chasing a PP and everything is all sorted.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:35 am 
formerly King Kenny

Doesn’t matter. Removed post.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:31 pm 
Geoff Southby

Last time we got all ‘principled’ we unloaded Robbo, Garlett & Laidler and got nothing back.

I hope Liddle knows what he’s doing.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:11 pm 
Craig Bradley

The trouble is ABN not sure that they do know what they are doing given the gratuitous public utterances in late May when we have won 1 game on the bottom and won 2 games out of the last 22

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:23 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

aboynamedsue wrote:
Last time we got all ‘principled’ we unloaded Robbo, Garlett & Laidler and got nothing back.

... Add Betts..... Same mindset

Go Blues

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:10 am 
John Nicholls

billc3 wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:

Go Blues

I thought Betts was a Madhouse decision...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:25 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

I think he wanted 20 grand more than we would pay..something stupid like that.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:20 am 
Harry Vallence

bluegirl72 wrote:
I think he wanted 20 grand more than we would pay..something stupid like that.

Now that's ridiculous, more we ponder the Malthouse era was a real knigntmare for the Club.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:33 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Taff wrote:
billc3 wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:

Go Blues

I thought Betts was a Madhouse decision...
As were Garlett, Robinson Laidler.... All for ZERO return... I even list my crap on ebay for . 99 cents
:wink:

Go Blues

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:29 am 
Bruce Doull

I do have to chuckle at the PP angst.

As if the TC community (particularly those more negatively inclined) would’ve been rapted for us to grovel to the AFL for more handouts :lol:

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:17 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

i'm not sure it's grovelling for handouts. PP's are actually a thing. a thing which multiple clubs before us have benefitted immensely from.

we've been so bad for so long, I'm not sure how we can't ask for one.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:31 pm 
Robert Walls

Braithy wrote:
i'm not sure it's grovelling for handouts. PP's are actually a thing. a thing which multiple clubs before us have benefitted immensely from.

For someone who bangs on and on and on and on about the cultural/structural reasons we have been poor for so long, I see a great irony, if not hypocricy that a cosmetic change like a PP is going to help us

Stand by your convictions. If you did, you'd agree with those who argue that symbolically and for cultural change's sake, we should not be distracted by handouts but work collectively to realise all the elements of our strategic plan (sans the PP) to create a significantly improved Carlton of the future than the one of the last 20 years

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:39 pm 
Wayne Johnston

99prelim wrote:
Braithy wrote:

For someone who bangs on and on and on and on about the cultural/structural reasons we have been poor for so long, I see a great irony, if not hypocricy that a cosmetic change like a PP is going to help us

Stand by your convictions. If you did, you'd agree with those who argue that symbolically and for cultural change's sake, we should not be distracted by handouts but work collectively to realise all the elements of our strategic plan (sans the PP) to create a significantly improved Carlton of the future than the one of the last 20 years

I agree, and in the spirit of rejecting handouts and changing culture we should refuse any first round picks we are offered and only re-sign those players who demand that we extend their contracts.

We’re Carlton and f**k the rest!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:52 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

sinbagger wrote:
99prelim wrote:
Braithy wrote:

I agree, and in the spirit of rejecting handouts and changing culture we should refuse any first round picks we are offered and only re-sign those players who demand that we extend their contracts.

Being eligible for so many #1 draft picks is embarrassing enough. Where's your standards ...?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:59 pm 
Ken Hunter

I’m starting to live in hope and even getting a little excited that our supporter base is starting to understand and see what a loser/handout mentality does to your club, from top to bottom. Bravo to those who have finally seen the light!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:04 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

We should also be arguing for an end to FA for top 8 teams.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:51 pm 
Robert Walls

Rexy wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
99prelim wrote:
Braithy wrote:

Being eligible for so many #1 draft picks is embarrassing enough. Where's your standards ...?

PP are a f...... distractor to what is going on right now. Enough!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:53 pm 
Robert Walls

Rexy wrote:
We should also be arguing for an end to FA for top 8 teams.

And teams who finish bottom four should start the following year on 16 points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:01 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

99prelim wrote:
Braithy wrote:

disagree.

if we're that bad, if we're that uncompetitive and if within the (flawed) afl framework rebuilding a list from ground zero is the best part of a decade's work ... then we should be looking to expedite that (within the same flawed afl framework) as fast as possible.

i'd rather rebuild this shitshow in 7 years rather than 10, if that's what a PP will do for us.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:09 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

a premiership should come from hard work and good culture, not handouts from daddy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 816 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 41  Next