Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:52 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 816 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 41  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:13 am 
Bob Chitty

i havent rung the club yet, as im currently still employed and hopefully remain so, and i hope im not in a position where its a choice of food on the table, or footy membership.

but a couple suggestions i think make alot of sense (again i pay close to $1.5k a year for memberships) and this is if there are no games that fans can attend ..

1. 50% Value of Membership, in the form of Carlton Shop Vouchers (so the money stays with the club regardless but at least you get something out of it)

or

2. reduced Memberhsip fees (of lets say 30%) for two to three years to spread out the inpact on the club and the members.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:01 pm 
Bruce Doull

Quote:
Dear Liam,

The past three weeks have been tough for all of us.

Players, coaches, staff, commercial partners and each of our 67,000 members – we have all been challenged in one way or another.

As difficult as these circumstances have been, the unity of our football club continues to shine through.

Over 500 new members have signed up since it became known the season would be suspended, more than 100 existing members have purchased additional packages, and literally thousands of you have reached out to us pledging your ongoing support.

We are overwhelmed by this support and equally grateful for the patience and understanding shown by all of our members as this situation continues to evolve.

Whilst it continues to be the AFL’s absolute priority to play all remaining 144 games and finals, it isn’t yet clear how the season is going to take shape. As soon as the AFL makes a decision around how the season will progress, we will be in touch with all of our members to discuss a range of options to best suit each of your individual situations.

At this point in time, we are relying on our members more than ever. We have always said that our club exists because of our members, and never has this been truer and more important than right now. Monthly membership payment plans will proceed on the 15th of each month, and we will be doing everything we can to add value to your membership and keep you connected with the Club.

I appreciate that we have each been impacted differently by this pandemic and some are feeling it more so than others. We will continue to work through your individual circumstances and queries and do all we can to support you through this challenging time.

Our Membership team remains here for you via phone and email, or you can request a call here. Before making contact, I encourage you to read through our FAQs by clicking here.(1)

During times like these, our key people need to be more accessible than ever. We want to provide answers to your questions, and we want to share with you our thinking on how we plan to rebound as quickly as possible once this situation is behind us. I will be available exclusively to members between 12–2pm AEST tomorrow (Thursday 9 April) to answer any questions you may have or feedback you wish to provide. Click here to gain access to the online Q&A.(2)

In closing, I wanted to remind you that this is a time to focus on priorities beyond sport. It is a time to focus on yourself and your family – to stay safe, stay home and take care of your wellbeing.

Thank you once again for standing by us.

(1) Membership FAQ link -> https://am.ticketmaster.com/carlton/FAQ-covid-19#/
(2) Q&A link -> https://www.facebook.com/groups/carltonmembers

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:12 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

He's doing his best to stay connected.

Have to accept many memberships from all teams are going to stop paying due to their personal financial circumstances.

A lot will hang in there to support the club where they can.

Go Bluebaggers

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:42 pm 
John Nicholls

Hey all, for what it's worth I requested a callback from the club earlier this morning and (impressively) they've already called me to have a chat.

Long story short, Cain wrote that email a few weeks back and had expected to have better information from the AFL by this point. In the absence of that information, he asked that the email go out just so people stay connected.

I was told the club has already brainstormed a list of options (about 15 options that will be whittled down to 5 in due course) and those options will be put to members in due course, once (I assume) it can be established that the options are compatible with whatever the league decides to do for this season moving forward.

The options at a high level ranged from refunds to future incentives but understandably there're being cautious about communicating those out too early.

So the advice is to sit tight right now and information will be forthcoming soon enough.

Hope that helps!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:21 am 
Stephen Kernahan

sinbagger wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
I forewent my membership a few years ago to pay a live overseas streaming service instead. I have been in Mexico for about 18 years with a few in Oz in between so my membership has always been a donation to the club in that time.
I'd be happy for it to say that way were I still a member.
What I am not so happy about is the AFL charging me a full year's subscription for the live stream this season. When I opted in a month or more ago to renew, there was no such thing as the corona virus. They took the money after round one in the knowledge there would probably be zero games played this year.
I think that's a bit rich on their part. I'm going to try for a refund and buy a club membership wit it.

I’m with you in this, I also pay for the international streaming plus I have NSW memberships for me an my daughter (which is where I lived before moving to Singapore). NSW membership seemed better than international at the time, but I obviously need to revisit this decision.

I’ve been to less than a handful of matches in the last 12 years so I also see this as a willing donation to the club. Ironically I was never a paid member until after the salary cap penalties as I never felt the club needed my support until that point, yet I have attended many, many more matches before being a member than as a member (100s more).

On the other hand I would like to have my international streaming membership refunded in some form.

After several mails, toing and froing and telling them their terms and conditions don't apply when they took money out of my account after the season was called off, today, I received this:

Hi Gavan,

Thank you for reaching out and for your patience during this challenging time.

We understand you are disappointed the AFL has been suspended. As sports fans we are too. However, we understand these difficult decisions have been made in the interest of the health and wellbeing of the athletes, support teams and fans.

With the 2020 season suspended, we can confirm that a refund of $199 Aud is being processed to your nominated bank or payment account. Please allow up to 14 days for this refund to appear, due to bank processing times.

As you have requested a refund, we have cancelled your subscription which means you won’t be charged again. Your cancellation will be effective from today.

If you find yourself missing your footy, we are now offering a reduced rate weekly and monthly subscription during the season suspension period, so you can catch our on-demand content. This includes:
• Full match replays from the past few seasons
• Classic matches to replace the 2020 games that should have been
• Old and new FOX FOOTY entertainment shows

You can resubscribe at anytime by following the steps here: How do I resubscribe on my Watch AFL account?

We wish you and your loved ones the best of health and hope to have you back when the season resumes.

The Watch Team

Now I can buy a membership to the club with the cash I get back.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:30 pm 
Robert Walls

Blue Sombrero wrote:

Nice work.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:12 pm 
John James

:clap:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:27 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Sombrero wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
I forewent my membership a few years ago to pay a live overseas streaming service instead. I have been in Mexico for about 18 years with a few in Oz in between so my membership has always been a donation to the club in that time.
What I am not so happy about is the AFL charging me a full year's subscription for the live stream this season. When I opted in a month or more ago to renew, there was no such thing as the corona virus. They took the money after round one in the knowledge there would probably be zero games played this year.
I think that's a bit rich on their part. I'm going to try for a refund and buy a club membership wit it.

I’m with you in this, I also pay for the international streaming plus I have NSW memberships for me an my daughter (which is where I lived before moving to Singapore). NSW membership seemed better than international at the time, but I obviously need to revisit this decision.

I’ve been to less than a handful of matches in the last 12 years so I also see this as a willing donation to the club. Ironically I was never a paid member until after the salary cap penalties as I never felt the club needed my support until that point, yet I have attended many, many more matches before being a member than as a member (100s more).

On the other hand I would like to have my international streaming membership refunded in some form.

After several mails, toing and froing and telling them their terms and conditions don't apply when they took money out of my account after the season was called off, today, I received this:

Hi Gavan,

We understand you are disappointed the AFL has been suspended. As sports fans we are too. However, we understand these difficult decisions have been made in the interest of the health and wellbeing of the athletes, support teams and fans.

With the 2020 season suspended, we can confirm that a refund of $199 Aud is being processed to your nominated bank or payment account. Please allow up to 14 days for this refund to appear, due to bank processing times.

As you have requested a refund, we have cancelled your subscription which means you won’t be charged again. Your cancellation will be effective from today.

If you find yourself missing your footy, we are now offering a reduced rate weekly and monthly subscription during the season suspension period, so you can catch our on-demand content. This includes:

You can resubscribe at anytime by following the steps here: How do I resubscribe on my Watch AFL account?

We wish you and your loved ones the best of health and hope to have you back when the season resumes.

The Watch Team

Good onya Gav. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:09 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Blue Sombrero wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:

Hi Gavan,

The Watch Team

They gave me three months extra membership for free, so assuming the season is only delayed by three months I get my full 12 months worth.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:22 am 
Stephen Kernahan

sinbagger wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:

Hi Gavan,

The Watch Team

They gave me three months extra membership for free, so assuming the season is only delayed by three months I get my full 12 months worth.

They offered us all that.
I wanted the cash to put into the club.
Each to h is own.
I also bought a Firestick that enables me to get Fox Footy Australia at no cost so I am hoping I can access the footy that way.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:49 pm 
Bruce Doull

Our sponsorship curse continues, by the looks. Time to get busy busier Cain!

https://twitter.com/GavinCoote/status/1 ... 5033450497

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:33 am 
Bruce Doull

Quote:
Dear Liam,

We are writing to inform you that the Carlton Football Club will continue to support our co-major partner, Virgin Australia as it enters into voluntary administration, as a result of the current COVID-19 pandemic.

From an economic perspective it would be hard to think of an industry hit harder than the airlines. As a club, we will continue to offer our full support to CEO Paul Scurrah and his team at Virgin Australia.

Virgin Australia and their people have stood by our side for the past five years and through some very difficult periods for our football club. Their commitment to us has never wavered and they are an incredibly important partner of the Carlton Football Club and more broadly, the AFL industry.

Our partnership has been one of enormous mutual benefit. In 2019 alone, our Carlton IN Business network delivered more than $5 million worth of business to Virgin Australia. Like our club, Virgin Australia will likely look quite different post COVID-19, but whilst they continue to fly Australian skies, they will always have the unequivocal support of our club.

This is an incredibly difficult time for all Virgin Australia staff and their families, and the thoughts and best wishes of the entire Carlton family are with them.

We will continue to keep members updated on this situation.

As always, we thank you for your continued support of the Club.

Just received the above mailout from Liddle.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:07 pm 
Harry Vallence

Seriously, that is a good email

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:11 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Yeah you get the feeling there's some degree of confidence the partnership will continue.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:01 pm 
Robert Walls

For those interested

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/8254 ... 1146800001

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:55 pm 
Rod Ashman

Fantastic effort if the club goes close to a break even result in 2020.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:11 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

cecil89 wrote:
Fantastic effort if the club goes close to a break even result in 2020.

Sure is during a pandemic.

Supporters/ Mebers know we are on the brink of "real" success in the near future.

Yesterday's article by Gary Buckenara in the HS whet the appetite of the Bluebagger army.

AFLW team looked likely to win the flag till their season ended.
Next season could see them win the flag: they have unfinished business to attend to.
Following the girls Flag, members will be more excited in the Brand, and then boys light up 2021.

Its been a long time since our last flag.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:32 am 
Wayne Johnston

Blue Sombrero wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:

Hi Gavan,

The Watch Team

They offered us all that.
I wanted the cash to put into the club.
Each to h is own.
I also bought a Firestick that enables me to get Fox Footy Australia at no cost so I am hoping I can access the footy that way.

Hey BS, sorry I missed this post originally. Even with the Firestick VPN don’t you need to pay for foxfooty access?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:32 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

robertbb wrote:
Hey all, for what it's worth I requested a callback from the club earlier this morning and (impressively) they've already called me to have a chat.

Long story short, Cain wrote that email a few weeks back and had expected to have better information from the AFL by this point. In the absence of that information, he asked that the email go out just so people stay connected.

I was told the club has already brainstormed a list of options (about 15 options that will be whittled down to 5 in due course) and those options will be put to members in due course, once (I assume) it can be established that the options are compatible with whatever the league decides to do for this season moving forward.

The options at a high level ranged from refunds to future incentives but understandably there're being cautious about communicating those out too early.

So the advice is to sit tight right now and information will be forthcoming soon enough.

Hope that helps!

Nice one robertbb.

Thanks for sharing.

Good to read the club are proactive and one step ahead with their planning.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:47 pm 
Bruce Comben

Leaning on the words of another poster in another thread on this board; “he’s tough listening” and even tougher viewing, but at present he’s a CFC employee.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 816 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 41  Next