Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:23 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 816 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 41  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:02 pm 
Geoff Southby

Apparently he had to use the brown paper bags for hyperventilating. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:26 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

smithy wrote:
From Kouta-

“Unfortunately Ian Collins came along and he’s told the board members don’t even talk to the players, just stand there and have a look -- I felt like I was in a zoo. The culture just changed overnight.

“It’s sad to say.

“I walked in when I was 14, so in my head here I know exactly what the footy club’s all about…

“When it comes to the culture you can’t play with that. I think the three or four decades that the club created that culture was almost gone overnight.
You're quoting a guy who although a great player, bled the club dry. Just a footballer who doesn't know any more than you or I.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:48 pm 
Bruce Doull

Why are we wasting time talking about something that happened over 15 years ago?

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:56 pm 
Craig Bradley

Yep and being a revisionist historian when you know about a quarter of the story :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:56 pm 
Ken Hunter

Donstuie wrote:
Why are we wasting time talking about something that happened over 15 years ago?

Because we haven’t learned anything from it.

A garden to nurture and protect

#DopeThenStash

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:02 pm 
Harry Vallence

frank dardew wrote:
Yep and being a revisionist historian when you know about a quarter of the story :roll:

What Collins did is solid fact there is no hiding from it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:02 pm 
Robert Walls

Donstuie wrote:

Cause our past was so great, our present is so irrelevant and our future is non-existent

Doomsday drivel by some on this site

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:09 pm 
Harry Vallence

moshe25 wrote:
smithy wrote:
From Kouta-

“Unfortunately Ian Collins came along and he’s told the board members don’t even talk to the players, just stand there and have a look -- I felt like I was in a zoo. The culture just changed overnight.

“It’s sad to say.

“I walked in when I was 14, so in my head here I know exactly what the footy club’s all about…

“When it comes to the culture you can’t play with that. I think the three or four decades that the club created that culture was almost gone overnight.
You're quoting a guy who although a great player, bled the club dry. Just a footballer who doesn't know any more than you or I.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It's interesting though isn't it, hard to throw his words out when looking at it objectively.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:22 pm 
Craig Bradley

Smithy only telling you personally what I saw and heard at executive and board meetings

You can take it or leave it and if you are referring to Etihad deal I know about that as well and the AFL loan that was in place after the commission decision to strip our picks and let me tell you if you think Commission behaviour was shocking re stripping picks its gun to the head diplomacy about going to Etihad was more outrageous and iniquitous

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:44 pm 
Ken Hunter

Don’t bother Smithy.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:56 pm 
Craig Bradley

We have been down this path before Surrey on many occasions you can either believe me or not

Happy to put my credibility on the line on this one

Hopefully you and everyone here knows after my history here as a poster I don't maintain I'm on the inside now but get the occasion snippet from other places but then due to circumstances sat in on those meetings and the documents effecting those decisions

This is not opinion this is FACT

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:08 pm 
Ken Hunter

frank dardew wrote:
We have been down this path before Surrey on many occasions you can either believe me or not

Happy to put my credibility on the line on this one

Hopefully you and everyone here knows after my history here as a poster I don't maintain I'm on the inside now but get the occasion snippet from other places but then due to circumstances sat in on those meetings and the documents effecting those decisions

This is not opinion this is FACT

You and I will always disagree on this point Frank. I have no issue with that. I will however never change my mind on who has delivered the final blow, including Fitzpatrick! I have my knowledge and you have yours, so we will and have moved on. That’s what I advise Smithy to do as well. Not worth getting upset again.

We need to debate the ‘reset(s)’ now....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:08 pm 
Bruce Doull

You wanted "Old Carlton" to come back?

Be careful what you wish for...

https://twitter.com/7AFL/status/1044917561698045952

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:44 pm 
Geoff Southby

Wouldn't be bagging Collins myself.It was the most desperate of times and it needed desperate actions.No one wanted to put there hand up.Collins at least had the GUTS to sit in the hot...... seat that nobody wanted to.I agree,it sort of turned to shit and didn't turn out as we hoped.But we all have 20/20 vision in hindsight..........lets face it,who doesn't have regrets and would have handled things differently if we had our time over again......................and while we are on a subject that nobody is that keen to discuss Jack Elliot.That bloke gave his heart and soul to our club and only had the best intentions.Sure,he lost the plot in the end and ran off the rails completely.Say what you like,but he didn't EFF up the club delibaretly.He just got it wrong big time.Plenty around the joint at the time who could have pulled him up but squibbed it and shut up.Lot of people at fault not just Jack............but hey,lets put it behind us and move to our next great emerging era.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:07 pm 
Harry Vallence

frank dardew wrote:
Smithy only telling you personally what I saw and heard at executive and board meetings

You can take it or leave it and if you are referring to Etihad deal I know about that as well and the AFL loan that was in place after the commission decision to strip our picks and let me tell you if you think Commission behaviour was shocking re stripping picks its gun to the head diplomacy about going to Etihad was more outrageous and iniquitous

Oh I'm not disputing your version at all, I'm questioning the effects in hindsight. Easy to do I know. More where it's led us and whether we chose the wrong path.
I'm not sure we have learnt anything about how to deal with them effectively.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:10 pm 
Harry Vallence

frank dardew wrote:

Interesting :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:31 am 
John James

smithy wrote:
Brently8 wrote:
Have people erased from their memory that we used to constantly stand up to the AFL and threaten/take legal action?

The end result? They bombed us back to the dark ages.

Because we rolled and went the appeasement path via Collins. He destroyed us in many ways. More so than Elliot ever did. And we've been ###### ever since.
Essendon** on the other hand went the complete opposite route after doing some truly horrible things. And come out smelling like roses! Why is that?
Appeasement and weakness get you where we are today.

We were broke! Where were we getting the millions of dollars to fund years of legal challenges? The club couldn't even afford to buy new footballs to train with at one stage. We had just built the legends stand and were over 10 million dollars in debt. Meanwhile Docklands was built and the Bulldogs who were tenants at Optus Oval left. We were heavily reliant on their tenancy and Princes Park being the '2nd ground' to pay off the stand. Princes Park was seriously on the nose, but hey we were going to pull another couple of million dollars out of thin air to drag the AFL through the courts. Rightio.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:16 am 
Harry Vallence

Couldn't afford to buy new footballs lol, pure hyperbole. I'm not sure I believe this narrative anymore.

"We had just built the legends stand and were over 10 million dollars in debt" That is probably one pass of the hat of our benefactors.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:35 am 
Rod Ashman

what ever happened to "Melvey"? Has he been reincarnated?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:10 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Jez1966 wrote:
what ever happened to "Melvey"? Has he been reincarnated?
He posts as Megaman.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 816 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 41  Next