Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:20 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 816 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 41  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:11 pm 
Robert Walls

https://twitter.com/senfooty/status/940468794547302402

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:12 pm 
Robert Walls

Sin City wrote:

https://twitter.com/senfooty/status/940482152046632960

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:24 pm 
Ken Hunter

Refreshing. Refreshing to hear, membership isn't just about winning game of football. Finally, someone that might have an idea. Let's see.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:54 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

SurreyBlue wrote:
Refreshing. Refreshing to hear, membership isn't just about winning game of football. Finally, someone that might have an idea. Let's see.

It is mainly though.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:24 am 
Bruce Doull

Very impressive interview (except for a near-slip when he nearly said Richmond instead of Carlton).

Did I hear right though that we’ve actually got more supporters Australia-wide than Richmond? If so, that’s a massive indictment on either the club or supporters that membership is so far behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:37 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

600,000 adult supporters v 500,000.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:43 pm 
Rod Ashman

Not sure there is anything new here. Membership will rise on the back of improved onfield performance.
3500 improvement YTD would be due to the previous years increase in engagement

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:23 pm 
Bruce Doull

woof wrote:
600,000 adult supporters v 500,000.

I dare say our kids numbers would be well behind.

Michael Jezz wrote:
Membership will rise on the back of improved onfield performance.
Not a dig at you, but it's this sort of attitude from our board that got us into the mess we're only now crawling out of.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:53 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Donstuie wrote:

Did I hear right though that we’ve actually got more supporters Australia-wide than Richmond?

Based on the results of past surveys conducted (Roy Morgan etc) I would expect so.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:52 am 
Ken Hunter

Humpers wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

Did I hear right though that we’ve actually got more supporters Australia-wide than Richmond?

Based on the results of past surveys conducted (Roy Morgan etc) I would expect so.

Next to no benefits in interstate membership...

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:04 am 
Bruce Doull

Appeared on GuesSEN earlier in the wrrk

Audio: https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=174663

Quote:
BLUES ABOUT MORE THAN WINS AND LOSSES SAYS CEO

Carlton CEO Cain Liddle has urged Blues fans to look past the win-loss category when assessing the club’s 2018 success.

The Blues enter the new campaign looking to break a four-year finals drought, but Liddle says going all-in to achieve that goal won’t be done, if it sacrifices long-term sustainability.

Since 2014, Carlton has finished 13th, 18th, 14th and 16th, but a quick climb up the table won’t be the priority.

“I don’t want to put a ceiling on how many wins we might have, but I think there is some realities we need to consider,” Liddle told SEN Breakfast.

“When you’re a young, developing list, you become more resilient on some of the older players. To lose Sam Docherty half an hour into preseason doesn’t help.

“What you will see from Carlton is the continued investment in those young players and you will see continued development.

“I urge all Carlton supporters not to judge that on wins and losses, because they can be misreading.

“I think everyone would agree SOS (list manager Stephen Silvagni) and his team have done a great job at the draft the last three years and they’ve traded in well.

“Are we aiming to have more than eight wins? We certainly are, but there’s a whole range of things that contribute to that.

“You’ll see continued investment in those younger players, and continued development, to create that sustained period of success we all want, rather than jumping up the ladder for one year and then dropping back off.”

"CARLTANK TANKING AGAIN OMG LOL!!!!!!!1111"

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:17 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

when asked about wins and losses why can't he just say 'who knows, anythings possible'

don't give your employees a copout

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:00 pm 
Craig Bradley

Agree Rexy I understand this and am broadly supportive but we really need to see tangible improvement by the side in game style ie enhanced scoring capacity and yes a deeper analysis than wins and losses is necessary but at a very base level we really need to start winning more games for the long suffering supporters who have been patient and supportive

We need to see considerable improvement /development in our second third and fourth year players

We also need stronger leadership from members of leadership team other than Murphy and Simpson

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:03 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Did he copy and paste comments from last season?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:40 pm 
Craig Bradley

Also must beat sides such as Gold Coast Brisbane and North really poor performances last year against those teams in particular made the season a longer one than it should have and a more mature performance against these sides would be encouraging

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:39 am 
Harry Vallence

Gold Coast we should be able to account for and perhaps North, but Brisbane will be a challenge and no push overs in fact they'll surprise quite a few teams, they 'll do better this year much stronger team.
Suns and Roos are the only teams I'm reasonably confident of getting over especially in the first half of the season.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:52 pm 
Bruce Doull

On SEN yesterday
https://audioboom.com/posts/6852824-cai ... ce=twitter

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:08 am 
Horrie Clover

Donstuie wrote:

Thanks for this Don!

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:25 pm 
Harry Vallence

johnny wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

Thanks for this Don!

I thought Wately was a little disrespectful in the interview, he may not want to watch the blues on Friday nights but 500,000 other viewers did. Also, we didn’t schedule the fixture, the afl did, have a sook to them.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:58 pm 
Bruce Doull

Donstuie wrote:

He speaks well, doesn't shy away from deficiencies, but most importantly, talks confidently about the club as it stands today as well as where it is heading. :thumbsup:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 816 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 41  Next