Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:12 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 816 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:07 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Cook’s specifically and specialty will be to keep the Board out of the Football Dept’s Lane.

:thumbsup:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:07 pm 
Robert Walls

Walsh wrote:
Liddle had no football director to work with - his administrative acumen on the commercial side was good. But can't expect him to be a football director as well.

As for Cook he is 65 years old and of preservation age.

So we should play him off the bench? :smoking:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:08 pm 
Banned

Blue Vain wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Liddle had no football director to work with - his administrative acumen on the commercial side was good. But can't expect him to be a football director as well.

So you'll want Cook moved on if the alternative board is elected?

I'll take Cook on as a part time three day per week consultancy link between Football director and CEO but not CEO.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:09 pm 
Harry Vallence

Walsh wrote:
azzablue wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Haha typical that you would side with liddle

Wtf are going on about

Liddle has no ethics or football nous about him at afl level

He got rid of sos and replaced him with Austin who got mauled by dodoro and saad trade
Offered free memberships this year
$9 memberships next year
Got Teague the job , if he backed for the sos termination
Is the leak of the club
Got llyod the job of footy manager with no experience
Shall I go on ??

Honestly mate I get someone has to always play the devil advocate position, which you chose to play but you are beyond that ,

Can’t wait to see what you say when llyod goes

Im not siding with anyone really... Im siding with Carlton. I don't follow Sayers, I think the guy is an outright moron - or more like an Elliot wannabe, except he can't buy players and will be seen how many more people get disgruntled as disunity continues at the club where only professionalism reigns supreme. He has been on the board for nine years going into his tenth and so far he seems like he is out of his depth.

So who is the Elliot wannabe , Sayers ??

Why cause he is getting rid of the deadwood ??

When sayers first came on the Board , it was just before the malthouse take over of the club , and with boards you slowly had to build trust just like in the corporate world to keep getting to the position you want

It took him to 9 years to become president and clearly he has been thru a dark chapter in our history with a lot of egos to deal with including the Pratt’s , matthesons , and other parties

He finally got to the head of the table , and making changes , who knows , he might fall and become like the previous presidents after Elliot

But the one thing I have seen which is unlike the previous presidents we have had over the last 20 years , is he won’t jump at shadows, he wont dance to the media tune to demand answers , he believes in what he is doing , he is being ruthless with his process and early indications is he wants, what we all want , and that’s Carlton football team to be successful on the ground , and he will leave no stone unturned to get it and will remove deadwood along the way

If you don’t like his process that’s fine , but to me , he Shown more balls and passion for this club in the last couple of months with how he has gone about it

Than his predecessors,,,

Get positive mate , great change is coming

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:17 pm 
Ken Hunter

Beijing Blue wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Hey! 65 is not old. Experienced is a more preferable term.

Was I dreamin' or did Mr Walsh spend many pages alerting us all to the fact that the multi billion dollar European Soccer clubs do it so much better than the rest. Now he tells us 65 is to old.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... unich.html

You need to check your stats book Walshy, I think your crayons have run and smudged the numbers.

Neil Balme is 69. Would you knock him back?

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:20 pm 
Bert Deacon

if we do land cookie and people make reference to his age ,well i follow nfl and tampa bay 2020 superbowl winners coach is 67 yrs old in charge of 52 men.So a job of ceo should be easy for BC .

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:20 pm 
formerly Fevola

People make me laugh. Sayers has been on the board for 9 years. Blah Blah. He oversaw doom and destruction. Blah Blah.

Do you think a board member he had enough power to veto decisions he didnt agree with? The buck stops with the president.

Its like me telling my boss to do something and them telling me to get stuffed. And I sit there with my hands crossed and say ' far out if only i had the power'.

He is probably now doing all the things he really wanted to do; as now he can.

We cant keep on going the way we are going. Hopefully we are doing a full renovation of the Carlton football club now.

I cant wait to see who we get. I just hope we get it right finally.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:21 pm 
Banned

Cazzesman wrote:
Beijing Blue wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Was I dreamin' or did Mr Walsh spend many pages alerting us all to the fact that the multi billion dollar European Soccer clubs do it so much better than the rest. Now he tells us 65 is to old.

You need to check your stats book Walshy, I think your crayons have run and smudged the numbers.

Regards Cazzesman

As a new employee to the club - absolutely would knock Balme back. Would I sack him if he is 65 or 69 years old - absolutely not.

People at the club won't be doing there job properly if they can't find appropriate long term solutions.

Off field stability has gone up the shit because someone thought it was wise to play the power tripper.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:23 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Not content to stock up on toilet paper, I might go and get 5 Carlton memberships. They're free, right?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:24 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

B70 on the money again …

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:27 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I often contemplate how much of my dislike of Murphy was linked to jimmae having him as his avatar.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:07 pm 
Harry Vallence

Cazzesman wrote:
Beijing Blue wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Regards Cazzesman

Walsh goes by the theory , that he Assumes that we don’t know how to think for yourselves , we have no worldly experiences like him , oh and has all the answers

Walsh will eventually move onto bigger things , like what really happened in that wuhan lab !!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:09 pm 
Banned

azzablue wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
Beijing Blue wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Regards Cazzesman

Walsh goes by the theory , that he Assumes that we don’t know how to think for yourselves , we have no worldly experiences like him , oh and has all the answers

Walsh will eventually move onto bigger things , like what really happened in that wuhan lab !!

Incorrect - actually following idiots like Sayers and that forsaken board is detriment to the club moving forward.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:17 pm 
Harry Vallence

Walsh wrote:
azzablue wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
Beijing Blue wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Regards Cazzesman

Incorrect - actually following idiots like Sayers and that forsaken board is detriment to the club moving forward.

So you just criticise and quote soccer analogies , do you actually have a plan ? So who would be president , director of footy , footy manager , ceo , coach if you had your choice ?? And it can’t be Teague !!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:27 pm 
Geoff Southby

Heavs wrote:
I often contemplate how much of my dislike of Murphy was linked to jimmae having him as his avatar.

Poor Sammy Walsh, he doesn't even know.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:35 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Close the door on the way out Cain
Oh and leave the keys to the Hyundai a cab will be waiting for you out the front

I love it when someone says back me or sack me

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:16 pm 
Ken Hunter

So just another quiet day?

Rod Ashman

Mods can you please get Poster Walsh to change his name?

Ken Hunter

CFC8795 wrote:
Mods can you please get Poster Walsh to change his name?

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:23 pm 
Harry Vallence

Sydney Blue wrote:
Close the door on the way out Cain
Oh and leave the keys to the Hyundai a cab will be waiting for you out the front

I love it when someone says back me or sack me

Apparently when liddle said that to him

Sayers said “are you still here , hmmm”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 816 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next