Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:36 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 816 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 41  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:32 am 
Bruce Doull

Mickstar wrote:
At a social function yesterday i was fortunate to be on the same table as a former board member..........wont reveal who,don't talk out of school................anyhow,had a big chat about the club...............the club is moving forward.He believes Liddle is brilliant and in time will be recognised as the best CEO in the AFL.A real emerging superstar in the footy world.Could not have been more glowing in his praise of Liddle...................also very pleased with new footy chief Lloyd.Extremely good operator according to ex board member and he feels the whole footy department is better for his addition.........i queried him on the so called rift between Lloyd and SOS.In his words it was complete bullshit.There relationship is sound,its just that they have VERY robust discussions on just about everything which he believes is very HEALTHY.....................in his words again,nothing worse than a whole group of yes men pissing in each others pockets.He is very optimistic about our future and has great faith in all the guys up there steering the ship........................just confirms what i hear from other people in the know................great aint it.

Thank you. :beer:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:22 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mickstar wrote:
At a social function yesterday i was fortunate to be on the same table as a former board member..........wont reveal who,don't talk out of school................anyhow,had a big chat about the club...............the club is moving forward.He believes Liddle is brilliant and in time will be recognised as the best CEO in the AFL.A real emerging superstar in the footy world.Could not have been more glowing in his praise of Liddle...................also very pleased with new footy chief Lloyd.Extremely good operator according to ex board member and he feels the whole footy department is better for his addition.........i queried him on the so called rift between Lloyd and SOS.In his words it was complete bullshit.There relationship is sound,its just that they have VERY robust discussions on just about everything which he believes is very HEALTHY.....................in his words again,nothing worse than a whole group of yes men pissing in each others pockets.He is very optimistic about our future and has great faith in all the guys up there steering the ship........................just confirms what i hear from other people in the know................great aint it.

You're a good bloke Mickstar.

Thanks for sharing....and to answer your question...Yes, its great news.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:06 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Good operator for the the club and it's bottom line? Probably. Good for the average supporter? No.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:18 am 
Rod Ashman

DocSherrin III wrote:
Good operator for the the club and it's bottom line? Probably. Good for the average supporter? No.

Thankfully it’s hard to find an average person

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:07 pm 
Bob Chitty

DocSherrin III wrote:
Franc de Borges wrote:
I got the upgrade to it this season as well, but wasn't forced to change seats and it hasn't been included this year.

(As I understand it)....If you were upgraded to Legends Lounge for 2019, you will be auto-renewed as a Legends Lounge member for season 2020. You'll only lose your Lvl 2 seats if you don't want to continue as a LL member and want to downgrade. Your reserved seats will be on Level 1. In essence, punished for accepting an upgrade that was viewed as a trial.

But according to the club there's a very sizeable waiting list for LL membership. They chose to put a price on loyalty and I believe that price is too much.

i can bullshit on that .. as there are always seats around us that are empty.

I must add my name to the list of people that arent entirely happy with the way the Legends Lounge has been handled.

I had the seats i wanted before that membership came along, i have the same seats i wanted last year with the free upgrade to LL (which i didnt use once) and if i want to maintain the seats i want (on Lvl 2) i have to remain a Legend Lounge member, despite it being something i didnt want, not do i ask for it ...

for me the LVL 2 seats, are the best in the house and im happy to pay a premium for them ... infact im pretty sure it was Captain Club Premium initially ...

the thing that actually really shitted me the most ... was how i have to collect my membership scarf/hat/whatever etc..

I pay a premiium price for membership ($1100 a year with away seats) and the least the club could do is send out my scarf/hat etc.. i can understand why the club would do that, for the vast majority of members that are paying for gen admin membership i.e. $300-$400 membership, but if im paying over $1000 im expecting a better service etc... perhaps thats abit elitest, but so what, im paying alot higher fees etc..

additional to that, im a member for 20+ years ... some sort of benefit in being a member, other than the club asking for more, it can be hard to not feel like a number sometimes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:12 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

ScottSaunders2 wrote:
DocSherrin III wrote:
Franc de Borges wrote:
I got the upgrade to it this season as well, but wasn't forced to change seats and it hasn't been included this year.

(As I understand it)....If you were upgraded to Legends Lounge for 2019, you will be auto-renewed as a Legends Lounge member for season 2020. You'll only lose your Lvl 2 seats if you don't want to continue as a LL member and want to downgrade. Your reserved seats will be on Level 1. In essence, punished for accepting an upgrade that was viewed as a trial.

But according to the club there's a very sizeable waiting list for LL membership. They chose to put a price on loyalty and I believe that price is too much.

i can bullshit on that .. as there are always seats around us that are empty.

I must add my name to the list of people that arent entirely happy with the way the Legends Lounge has been handled.

I had the seats i wanted before that membership came along, i have the same seats i wanted last year with the free upgrade to LL (which i didnt use once) and if i want to maintain the seats i want (on Lvl 2) i have to remain a Legend Lounge member, despite it being something i didnt want, not do i ask for it ...

for me the LVL 2 seats, are the best in the house and im happy to pay a premium for them ... infact im pretty sure it was Captain Club Premium initially ...

the thing that actually really shitted me the most ... was how i have to collect my membership scarf/hat/whatever etc..

I pay a premiium price for membership ($1100 a year with away seats) and the least the club could do is send out my scarf/hat etc.. i can understand why the club would do that, for the vast majority of members that are paying for gen admin membership i.e. $300-$400 membership, but if im paying over $1000 im expecting a better service etc... perhaps thats abit elitest, but so what, im paying alot higher fees etc..

additional to that, im a member for 20+ years ... some sort of benefit in being a member, other than the club asking for more, it can be hard to not feel like a number sometimes.

Poignant

This post summarises a change management must focus on.
No ifs or buts...
Its staring at them in the eye.

Like you, we all love Carlton.
Some of us, like me and my family, are in-love with Carlton.
We are the fabric, the culture of the club....especially so you Scott2.

Thanks for in the insight.
I have similar stories to share, but wont.
Too many to be comfortable about what the future holds.
Board and CEO talk about the Carlton family.
I know its just a business for Liddle, but the connectivity to hearts and minds is in need of a recalibration:need to be genuine.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:54 am 
Garry Crane

I'm coming up for 30 years of membership next season...I offered up the suggestion of a percentage discount on your membership equal to your consecutive years of membership.

So 5 year = 5% discount, 20 year = 20% discount, etc.

I really don't think this would be hard to manage and would make long term membership feel just a little bit more valued..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:43 pm 
Bruce Doull

Record membership before R1. :thumbsup:

Liddle also spoke on SEN earlier today, I'm yet to listen to it and if you also missed it, here's the link…

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=583553

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:17 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

The stooges of the clubs traditional benefactor families won't like it but Liddle and MLG have pulled off a strategy that has taken the club that was mired in debt and beholden to the benefactors into a club back in the hands of all members/supporters as it always should be.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:34 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Rexy wrote:
The stooges of the clubs traditional benefactor families won't like it but Liddle and MLG have pulled off a strategy that has taken the club that was mired in debt and beholden to the benefactors into a club back in the hands of all members/supporters as it always should be.

I don't think any Carltonian is unhappy with our direction and our outlook.

I don't think the ongoing perception of the shadow men and their influence on Carlton a their 'play thing' is true either.

Terrible things happen and awful rumours and inuendo is said when a club hits rock bottom.

The club fell in a hole because management took success for granted.

Good management is usually the reason for success, and I think that's what was lacking at Carlton.

I believe supporters took for granted the club would be right having wealthy families to lean on. It's not their fault they have money.

Pratt could have written off the debt but he didn't. He said it was important to manage our way out of the problem with good practise and good management. That's where we are at now.

The benefactors are still there, as is their love for the club, but now we have good management and a plan that is achievable.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:51 pm 
Bruce Doull

CEO Cain Liddle updates members on 2020 changes

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:29 pm 
Bruce Doull

Not too fussed if I get no value from my membership. As an out of towner, I never do anyway. :beer:

Mid week games at Princes Park?! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:47 am 
Robert Walls

camelboy wrote:
Not too fussed if I get no value from my membership. As an out of towner, I never do anyway. :beer:

Same here, it's a yearly donation for me. But all clubs/AFL will have to do something for members who don't get full value. Hopefully everyone remains sensible and lawyers don't hijack it with ludicrous class actions.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:37 am 
formerly King Kenny

toddkurnski wrote:
camelboy wrote:

Same here, it's a yearly donation for me. But all clubs/AFL will have to do something for members who don't get full value. Hopefully everyone remains sensible and lawyers don't hijack it with ludicrous class actions.

I’m happy for the club to keep my membership investment, but I have asked the question about the free cap or scarf or rebate. This will be the year to remember and have something to keep as a memory.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:11 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

The Normal One wrote:
toddkurnski wrote:
camelboy wrote:

I’m happy for the club to keep my membership investment, but I have asked the question about the free cap or scarf or rebate. This will be the year to remember and have something to keep as a memory.

Ditto, and great point/ idea you make.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:52 pm 
Bob Chitty

yeah, im a little jack of that.

not sure what you guys are paying but my membership costs over $1500 ... (for myself and my dad)

a full refund, not expecting, but to be told, sorry, you just have to live with it ... thats abit of stretch. If i was just a three game member that paid $150 then so be it, that wouldnt concern me as much, but to suggest $1500 just gets thrown in the bin ... well ... thats a little harder to swallow.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:20 pm 
Bruce Doull

ScottSaunders2 wrote:

not sure what you guys are paying but my membership costs over $1500 ... (for myself and my dad)

a full refund, not expecting, but to be told, sorry, you just have to live with it ... thats abit of stretch. If i was just a three game member that paid $150 then so be it, that wouldnt concern me as much, but to suggest $1500 just gets thrown in the bin ... well ... thats a little harder to swallow.

Yep, totally understand that. I think mine comes in around $200 with Northern Blues support.

:beer:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:05 pm 
Ken Hunter

ScottSaunders2 wrote:

It is a lot of money to spend on nothing.
I pay around $850 for mine and my daughters memberships.
I wont be asking for a refund but I hope the club offers some sort of upgrade again.
I have also booked two interstate trips, one to Sydney at Easter.
I will get a credit for the airfare but nothing for the accommodation.
The other is to Gold Coast, not sure what will happen by then but if they change the fixture it may not even be on that weekend.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:03 pm 
Bob Chitty

Listening to Cain Liddle on the radio, he suggests ringing the club and looking at what they can do (which i will do when i get the chance) ....

i think he floated the idea of for those that wanted it, rather than a refund it goes towards next years membership ... i can live with that .. if its a 17 game season and i can attend a majority of those games, then i can live with that, but if its season cancelled or not able to attend any games, then if it pays for next years membership is something i can live with ...

if its too bad, too sad, you get nothing, then i will actually have to consider the membership again next year ... 1500 is a bit of coin to through in the bin.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:05 pm 
Geoff Southby

Take a hit for the sake of the club for mine..............if ever there was a time for people to sacrifice its now.Now is the time to get behind the club like never before.We can do it,yes we can.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 816 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 41  Next