Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:10 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 816 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 41  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:04 pm 
Harry Vallence

dane wrote:
Checks and balances seem to be in place these days.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:34 pm 
Rod Ashman

kb very smug and patronizing about us raiding only the third best administrator down at punt road
my god they have become insufferable
can't wait for them to fall on flat their face next year, but somehow i think it will take years for them to have all that hot air blow out

!@#$%ing adelaide :mad:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:49 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

KB is a heel.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:55 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

If he can turn those basket cases around imagine what he will do for us? Very impressive resume.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:30 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Great choice. This guy is exactly what we need. Someone to grow membership from our current basket case position, and set up some ongoing revenue streams. Remember the Tiges only played finals last 2 years and look where he got them membership and profit wise. Wish he was around when Ratts had us playing finals.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:23 pm 
Bob Chitty

snakehips wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
Thanks for posting, very interesting. Liked the quote attributed to Liddle right near the end "But if I ever went to another club, it would be one of the first call I'd make."

Very interesting, thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:31 pm 
Bruce Doull

Good presentation

Funnily enough Craigieburn is probably our Cardinia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:14 am 
Bruce Doull

I don't know enough about the guy to make a judgment yet, but given his background it's clear that the club at least knows where we need the most attention off-field. So if nothing else, the idea is the right one.

It's also good to deprive the hacks in da meedya of their Christmas present of ambushing us as soon as the "inevitable" announcement of Lethlean was made.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:31 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Well let's just hope he was selected because he was the best candidate and not because of a potential media agenda.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:43 pm 
Harry Vallence

On presumes due dillegence was done , the integrity of the selection panel is obvious and on the line .
I'm sure they're aware should it go wrong the critics will be baying for blood.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:21 pm 
Robert Walls

bmaurizio wrote:
On presumes due dillegence was done , the integrity of the selection panel is obvious and on the line .
I'm sure they're aware should it go wrong the critics will be baying for blood.

I have faith in Jenkins and Judd. Don't think either of them suffer fools.

All recruitment is risky, regardless of the industry. In Liddle's case, he has runs on the board in particular areas.

Let's hope we support his professional growth and skill development by offering him as much exposure to best practices, be they in a classroom, mentoring or observation role

Good luck Cain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:34 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

might help if Liddle had more freedom from the AFL re membership packages

if Carlton had a package that consisted of every Carlton and Northern Blues game live-streamed + full voting rights we'd have 100,000 members.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:31 pm 
Bruce Doull

woof wrote:
Well let's just hope he was selected because he was the best candidate and not because of a potential media agenda.

Yeah, this. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:10 pm 
Bruce Doull

The man speaks...
Cain Liddle wrote:

Dear Donstuie,

I wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself to our members as I wrap up my first week at the Carlton Football Club.

I’m incredibly grateful for the opportunity to join this club as Chief Executive and from the outset, I have been impressed by the commitment and enthusiasm of our staff, and football department, led by senior coach Brendon Bolton.

With the full playing list returning to the Club this week, we begin our pre-season campaign for season 2018 before quickly turning our attention to the AFL National Draft in Sydney next week. Having two top 10 picks (3 and 10), we’ll be active early in the Draft as we continue our strategy to recruit elite young talent, under the guidance of list manager Stephen Silvagni.

Our members would also now be aware of Sam Docherty’s knee injury. Sam is a resilient individual and we know he will approach his rehabilitation process with the same determination that we have witnessed him display on the field in his time at Carlton. Much the same as Chris Judd’s injury provided an opportunity for Patrick Cripps to step into the midfield and Sam Rowe’s injury provided Liam Jones with his opportunity down back, we look forward to other young players emerging through the opportunity they will receive.

Next week, the pre-season campaign for our AFLW program commences as our players turn their sights to the second year of the AFL Women’s competition. Led by senior coach Damien Keeping, we will welcome a number of new players to our group who are set to wear the navy blue for the first time when we face Collingwood in Round 1 at Ikon Park on Friday 2 February.

Off the field, we are working hard to renew all our current members and we are preparing our member acquisition campaigns for early 2018. We are blessed to have one of the AFL’s biggest supporter bases and we have every intention of harnessing this competitive advantage and converting our supporter base into one of the game’s biggest membership bases over the next few years.

We are also very excited about the re-development of Ikon Park and discussions with key stakeholders are progressing well. I look forward to keeping Carlton members abreast of these discussions.

I’m excited to be sharing this next chapter with you and look forward to meeting some of our loyal members at the upcoming Member Forum on Wednesday 29 November. For more information about the Member Forum, please click here.

Go Blues!

Cain Liddle
Chief Executive
Member ID: 21499500

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:11 pm 
Bruce Doull

Also, a Q&A

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2017-1 ... ain-liddle

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:05 pm 
Robert Walls

Well, he seems to go alright.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:01 pm 
Rod Ashman

OK start, but early days.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:04 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

carntheblues wrote:
OK start, but early days.

Thought he could have had a stronger first week. Sakc.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:35 pm 
Bruce Doull

BigGartos wrote:
snakehips wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
Thanks for posting, very interesting. Liked the quote attributed to Liddle right near the end "But if I ever went to another club, it would be one of the first call I'd make."

Very interesting, thanks.

It's taken me a while to get around to watching this, but, thank you for sharing. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:26 am 
Bruce Doull

"Operation: Bendigo" ?

#GUILTY

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 816 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 41  Next