Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:27 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 356 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:33 pm 
John Nicholls

We've named a full-strength backline (almost full team) in the first JLT game because the key is to weather the storm for the first 10-15 minutes, control the ball and reduce the heat. We want them to be ready and iron out the kinks. They're going to come out like battering rams in front of an unfurled flag and a home crowd and it'll be one of (if not the) biggest crowds in the H&A season.

If we pull off an upset, for mine it'll surpass the elimination final upset a few years ago.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:11 pm 
Harry Vallence

We'll get trounced, but should be an entertaining game for 2 to 3 quarters and I’m expecting some exciting CFC green shoots on display.
We’re a young developing team and have a way to go yet, in 1 to 2 years time it will be a different story.
Go Baggers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:23 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

1-2 weeks

1-2 years

#Carlton

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:26 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Rexy wrote:
1-2 weeks

1-2 years

#Carlton
Spot on

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:36 pm 
Geoff Southby

Still 3 weeks to go, but my current guess is -

B: Simmo Jones Plowman
HB: Byrne Marchbank Cunningham
C: E Curnow Cripps SPS
HF: Fisher Weitering C Curnow
F: Wright Casboult Thomas

R: Kreuzer Kennedy Murphy

Inter: Dow Lamb Pickett SOJ

It’d be nice to fit Harry in, but I think we need to be careful not to go in too tall against Richmond.

Mullett didn’t impress me last night, and I think LOB might need time. Personally, I’d have Macreadie & Williamson (if fit?) ahead of those guys as the next cabs off the rank if Cunningham or Byrne fail at HB.

Garlett might still be a chance if he plays well in the last practice match. Especially if Pickett, Lamb or SOJ do not.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:42 pm 
formerly King Kenny

aboynamedsue wrote:

It’d be nice to fit Harry in, but I think we need to be careful not to go in too tall against Richmond.

Mullett didn’t impress me last night, and I think LOB might need time. Personally, I’d have Macreadie & Williamson (if fit?) ahead of those guys as the next cabs off the rank if Cunningham or Byrne fail at HB.

Garlett might still be a chance if he plays well in the last practice match. Especially if Pickett, Lamb or SOJ do not.

I don’t think Lamb will be in, unless he plays well next week.

Could play a role on Houli though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:51 am 
Harry Vallence

Not sure Daisy showed enough either - his chip and chase was clever, though

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:15 am 
Bruce Doull

Say what you want about them, but we seem to have a pretty solid off-field relationship with the Tigers

Quote:
Blues, Tigers renew gate-share agreement

CARLTON Football Club is pleased to advise it will renew its gate-share agreement with the Richmond Football Club for the next 10 years.

As a commitment to continuing to foster the traditional season opener match as a major AFL event, the agreement was formalised between the two clubs this week.

Since 2007, the Blues and Tigers have faced off 10 times in the AFL season-opener blockbuster, with the average crowd for the match just under 75,000.

Carlton CEO Cain Liddle welcomed the new decade-long agreement between both clubs.

“It’s a great privilege for Carlton and Richmond to be given the opportunity to open the AFL season each year and we are excited to formalise our shared commitment to growing what is one of the AFL’s greatest rivalries,” Liddle said.

“Our members and supporters will be thrilled that Carlton will now benefit financially, irrespective of whether Round 1 is a home or away game and we look forward to working with Richmond to break the all-time attendance record for this game in 2018.”

Richmond CEO Brendon Gale said it was an investment for the future.

“Both Richmond and Carlton have invested heavily in building this game into a major event, and this announcement further underlines that joint commitment and investment for the future,” Gale said.

“Both clubs love playing in the marquee match, and we know our members and fans love it too.

"This traditional season-opener has been an enormous success, and we’re looking forward to working closely with Carlton to continue to grow it further.”

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:22 am 
Bruce Doull

After their flag Richmond fans will be hanging from the rafters so good news for Carlton to continue the arrangement.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:42 am 
Geoff Southby

The Normal One wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:

I like Lamb’s combativeness in the forward line. I think Bolts does too. He just needs to make sure he nails his chances when they come.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:49 am 
John James

The feral cauliflower sh!t me no end but this is a sound, pragmatic decision in attempting to keep this as a traditional major event for Carlton to be involved in

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:50 am 
Stephen Silvagni

aboynamedsue wrote:

Harry is fit and needs to play. To hold him back for Levi would be criminal.

I wasn't that impressed with Cunners ball use but he's working hard and hopefully just a bit of early season rust.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:00 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

aboynamedsue wrote:
The Normal One wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:

I like Lamb’s combativeness in the forward line. I think Bolts does too. He just needs to make sure he nails his chances when they come.

I like his smarts but I doubt he and Silvagni can play in the same forward line, long term.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:32 pm 
Geoff Southby

Rexy wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:

I think Harry is still developing and will play a combination of AFL & VFL this year. The pressure of being our main (sole?) focal point isn’t what he needs right now IMO. Let him build some continuity in the VFL and play him alongside Levi in AFL games where that structure suits us. A dozen VFL games and 8-10 AFL games is realistic for him in 2018.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:52 pm 
Geoff Southby

aboynamedsue wrote:
Rexy wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:

I think Harry is still developing and will play a combination of AFL & VFL this year. The pressure of being our main (sole?) focal point isn’t what he needs right now IMO. Let him build some continuity in the VFL and play him alongside Levi in AFL games where that structure suits us. A dozen VFL games and 8-10 AFL games is realistic for him in 2018.

Disagree re McKay, if fit he plays 15+ games. I like him. Also it isn’t a one or the other with McKay and Casboult, no reason why both can’t play.

O’Brien showed some class but did make a howler in the 2nd quarter and lost confidence.

Macreadie is more KPP so don’t really know when he plays. Williamson would be ahead of Mullett and O’Brien on that games showing.

As for Garlett the key will be him showing defensive pressure. We know SOJ and Lamb provide that, couldn’t see both Pickett and Garlett in the round 1 team as it may expose us too much the other way. Obviously they can do the defensive work we just need to see it

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:58 pm 
Geoff Southby

Adam Chatfield wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
Rexy wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:

Disagree, if fit he plays 15+ games. I like him

I like him too. If he manages more than 10 games this year, it will be a bonus as far as I’m concerned. He has missed a lot of footy, he’s young, tall and it’s a brutal game. I don’t expect him to start really impacting regularly until 2019 or 2020.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:58 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Round 1 2015.

B Kristian Jaksch, Michael Jamison, Sam Rowe
HB Sam Docherty, Zach Tuohy, Simon White
C Tom Bell, Chris Judd, Dale Thomas
HF Marc Murphy, Liam Jones, Andrejs Everitt
F Chris Yarran, Lachie Henderson, Troy Menzel
FOL Cameron Wood, Andrew Carrazzo, Ed Curnow
I/C Bryce Gibbs, Kade Simpson, Patrick Cripps
SUB Clem Smith

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:05 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Strong side if we can only find a spot for Gibbs on the bench.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:26 pm 
Wayne Johnston

dane wrote:
Round 1 2015.

B Kristian Jaksch, Michael Jamison, Sam Rowe
HB Sam Docherty, Zach Tuohy, Simon White
C Tom Bell, Chris Judd, Dale Thomas
HF Marc Murphy, Liam Jones, Andrejs Everitt
F Chris Yarran, Lachie Henderson, Troy Menzel
FOL Cameron Wood, Andrew Carrazzo, Ed Curnow
I/C Bryce Gibbs, Kade Simpson, Patrick Cripps
SUB Clem Smith

Only seven of this team left, and only six of those can play round one. Impressive turn over....

Edit: missed Rowe, but he also unlikely to play round one

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:25 pm 
Craig Bradley

Rowe was a good fill in and still injured but with Jones Marchbank Weitering Byrne Simpson and the the Plow would be disappointed if he got a senior game ahead of any of them

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 356 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next