Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:00 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 356 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:38 am 
formerly BlueRob

We will win this one.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:48 pm 
Rod Ashman

BigBlueWave wrote:
We will win this one.

no worry room this year Big Blue?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:41 pm 
formerly BlueRob

Ask me after round 5 :grin:

I truly believe we will have a good start to to 2018.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:00 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Trublu said we will get smashed. So I’m going to get smashed to forget the game.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:55 pm 
Ken Hunter

Tickets go on sale on Monday 5th March for members and Wednesday 7th for general public for those brave enough to go.
I will be there.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:23 pm 
Craig Bradley

I'm going
Get tickets early expecting crowd of 90 K plus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:56 pm 
Craig Bradley

I have high hopes and only JLT but they are looking pretty good this afternoon but I suppose only playing Bummers :yikes:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:10 pm 
John Nicholls

frank dardew wrote:
I have high hopes and only JLT but they are looking pretty good this afternoon but I suppose only playing Bummers :yikes:

Watched part of the 2nd quarter and they were very clean. Success brings belief.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:24 pm 
Rod Ashman

Tigers are playing very intense footy. Quick knock ons, slick kicking, running to support. Going to be very hard to beat for any side.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:26 pm 
Craig Bradley

Skill level pretty high too precision passes as well as you correctly say doing the tough and little things that make a complete side

BTW hate having to say that about Tigers

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:33 pm 
Rod Ashman

Hate saying it too but they do look good.

Exposed the Essendon* hype as just that.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:44 pm 
Craig Bradley

Only deficiency today seems to be defence against tall marking forward Mckernan has taken a few marks although Astbury is off
Who I think is really important because he releases Rance to be more attacking

Hopefully Charlie and Boult can have good games

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:08 pm 
Harry Vallence

They force turnovers in the midfield and score from stoppages better than anyone. I'd love to see a heat map for their whole squad for that Ess game, seems to me that their plan isn't so much about those smalls applying pressure/ forcing turnovers in the forward line but doing it in the center of the ground, they achieve this by outnumbering and outmaneuvering opposition through the middle. Overwhelming opposition mids by playing less talls. They decided to experiment a logical new structure with less talls (mostly by accident through injury), talls especially tall fwds and rucks to a lesser extent are almost redundant atm, the complete opposite plan of the way our list has gone, we need to find a way to utilize our talls; that is our advantage over them... maybe our only one.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:08 am 
Stephen Kernahan

smithy wrote:
They force turnovers in the midfield and score from stoppages better than anyone. I'd love to see a heat map for their whole squad for that Ess game, seems to me that their plan isn't so much about those smalls applying pressure/ forcing turnovers in the forward line but doing it in the center of the ground, they achieve this by outnumbering and outmaneuvering opposition through the middle. Overwhelming opposition mids by playing less talls. They decided to experiment a logical new structure with less talls (mostly by accident through injury), talls especially tall fwds and rucks to a lesser extent are almost redundant atm, the complete opposite plan of the way our list has gone, we need to find a way to utilize our talls; that is our advantage over them... maybe our only one.

Marking talls will never be outdated. Richmond have a good intercepting backman in Rance. If someone like Franklin is on song, they will leak more goals.
If you can win clearances and have clean inside fifty entries, a reasonable goal to behind ratio from your marking forwards, you will win games. We haven't had that for a long time (probaby since Fev).
You can have all the mids in the world swarming forward but if the ball goes the other way and the tall forwards can mark it, you're cooked.
The ball traveling through the air will always win out over a runner. The secret as you pointed out is not to turn it over in the midfield (especially when your mob is running towards your own goal).

We still have an inexperienced midfield group and they may get flogged at the clearances early in the season. Our backline is pretty quick and not over tall so we may hold up OK.
Raw emotion and the home crowd may prove the difference. One thing is for sure, the joint will be jumping, especially if we can stay with them. I think the AFL will be pretty chuffed that these two sides are going to clash in the finals in the next few years.

Can't wait for round one. It seems like such a long time since they played.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:13 am 
Ken Hands

We're going to get flogged.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:30 am 
Wayne Johnston

The Tigers will do what they do. They will hunt us as they do whoever they play and smash any idea we have of playing a certain way by midway through the second term and from there all one way traffic.

It is not going to be fun but it will be a learning experience. Mostly for Bolton .

I reckon we will be be a a lot better in 2018 than what we show against the Tigers.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:01 pm 
John James

Glad your not playing 29. Such optimism.

I think we may not get the points but we'll be giving a very good account of ourselves in this one.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:49 pm 
Bruce Doull

I reckon it'll be a close one

Carlton by 85 points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:47 am 
Stephen Kernahan

WA Blue wrote:

I think we may not get the points but we'll be giving a very good account of ourselves in this one.

They have jumped us early in the past and we haven't been able to run them down.
it's important for both teams to get off to a decent start.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:27 pm 
Wayne Johnston

WA Blue wrote:

I think we will have a good year but this particular game is set up as the perfect storm. I hope Bolton leaves a few talls out of the 22 in a bit to match them for nimbleness.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 356 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next