Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:43 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Re: The next fairytale?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:57 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

when Lord when???

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:58 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:01 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

but wait...
is that hope I see ahead?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:04 am 
Garry Crane

Hmm....all lovely words and expectations, Ryan....and maybe just dreams.

I agree that, with some reasonable and positive steps across our playing list, we could be knocking on the door. We do however need a small miracle inside our forward 50 and a decent hole plugged in the middle (Rockliff/Kennedy/Smith very possible?).

Curnow 50+ goals, Casbault 40+, SOJ & Pickett 25+. Can something like this last bit happen in 2018?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:14 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

bluegirl72 wrote:

:razz:

Winston Churchill

Last edited by AGRO on Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:14 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

finals for sure I reckon.
if good picks happen at trade and draft and rookie draft.
Coach already said we will be more attacking when we are ready.
we have defense down pretty well.
we were down a defender or two most of 2nd half of year. will make a big dif.
plus
underestimate St. Edward of Curnow
at your own peril.
Hewwwwge difference to team with him in, and how that impacts the team as a whole.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:42 am 
Laurie Kerr

This club has let me down so many times in the last 15 years that this isn't even in the realms of possibility for me anymore.

It only dawned on me just recently that regardless of the progress I see on and off the field, in the back of my mind I'm always waiting for the collapse.

What has this team done to me?!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:53 am 
Bruce Doull

ryan2000 wrote:
In my mind:- There is no excuse for us NOT to make the finals next year. Anything short of that is a failure.

And I don't buy into that whole 'Rebuild' crap anymore. We have a good list, a list that is much better than the 16th position we sit in. Don't get me wrong, I think we're on the right track, however I honestly think we need to kick it up a notch and have finals aspirations. Carlton IS finals. For us to come out next year and say 'rebuild' ' reset' 'blah blah blah'........ No. Just No.
I think we need to come out and say we wanna play finals and that's what we're aiming for.

In 2016, the Bulldogs finished 7th and won the flag, Richmond finished 13, we finished 14th.

This year, we beat GWS (premiership favorites), Sydney (Grand finalists last year) and Hawthorn (possibly the most dominant team ever) plus we took the game to the Crows, which we should have won.

Is our list that bad?
- Charlie Curnow will be in his third year, still young yes, but the Bont was a force last year at only 20. Charlie can do the same.
- Cripps, if fit, is one of the best clearance mids in the league.
- Gibbs, if he stays which i hope he will, avg 27dissposals and kicked 17 goals, in comparision Josh Kennedy avg 28disposals and kicked 16 goals.
- Marchbank, JW and (who would have thought it) Liam Jones could well be the most dominant defensive lineup in the leage.
- Daniel Rioli was the X factor Richmond needed and is only 20! SPS is our X factor and oozes more class that Rioli in my mind.
- Kreuzer - don't get me started - he was clearly AA Ruckman this year.

Maybe a case can be made that we don't have a dominant forward - but i don't really buy into that. Levi, if playing at another club, would probably kick 50 goals a year. I think it's more the fact that we don't have an attacking game plan. We're too defensive. This needs to change.

When the Bulldogs won in 2016, their leading goal kicker was Stringer with 42.
This year, Jack Riewoldt topped the Tigers list with 54.

Love the passion Ryan, but thoughts like these are a one-way ticket to disappointment'ville.

For now, at least...

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:33 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Donstuie wrote:
Love the passion Ryan, but thoughts like these are a one-way ticket to disappointment'ville.

For now, at least...

Ive been dissapointed for almost 20 years now. Nothing new there.

My point is this. I get that Bolton wants to develop the players and I get his desire to form a solid defensive unit. But you gotta go the other way too! If we come out at the start of next seaosn the way we did this year and tell the members that it's gonna be tough and we might go backwards etc etc then im expecting a serious drop off in membership.

We found ouselves in some unique situations this year, about 8 times we were leading in the last quarter. The reason why we kept losing those games is because we have no idea how to win. We just go out and defend and then when a win is in sight, we have no idea how to go about it.
Essendon*, Melbourne, Adelaide - all games we should have won.
Damn - against Richmond we were a goal in it going into the last qtr.

Dare I say it - Richmond aren't that good. Dusty is a champion yes, as is Alex Rance, Cotchin is a very fine player but apart from that.....................????? Meh - i just don't see a lot in their list.

Post subject: The next fairytale?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:44 pm 
Bruce Comben

The AFL is corrupt, if you think they are going to let Carlton win another flag, you have rocks in your heads.
Dane Swan self confessed drug addict, how did he get away playing all those games? Lance Franklin another one on two strikes, now Martin is going away with Swan. Surely there not going to be twiddling their thumbs. It’s all about these players bring bums on seats. AFL corruptiption, the whole competition is rigged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:52 pm 
Bruce Comben

ryan2000 wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

For now, at least...

My point is this. I get that Bolton wants to develop the players and I get his desire to form a solid defensive unit. But you gotta go the other way too! If we come out at the start of next seaosn the way we did this year and tell the members that it's gonna be tough and we might go backwards etc etc then im expecting a serious drop off in membership.

We found ouselves in some unique situations this year, about 8 times we were leading in the last quarter. The reason why we kept losing those games is because we have no idea how to win. We just go out and defend and then when a win is in sight, we have no idea how to go about it.
Essendon**, Melbourne, Adelaide - all games we should have won.

Dare I say it - Richmond aren't that good. Dusty is a champion yes, as is Alex Rance, Cotchin is a very fine player but apart from that.....................????? Meh - i just don't see a lot in their list.

Malcolm Turnbull paid the game off for the tiggers to win. The Crows didn’t look too upset they lost. This game is bullshit and fully corrupt. Remember when Turnball turned up as a character witness for Burqa Houli when he knocked Jed Lamb out?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:25 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:31 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

Dochers15 wrote:
ryan2000 wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

For now, at least...

Essendon***, Melbourne, Adelaide - all games we should have won.

Malcolm Turnbull paid the game off for the tiggers to win. The Crows didn’t look too upset they lost. This game is bullshit and fully corrupt. Remember when Turnball turned up as a character witness for Burqa Houli when he knocked Jed Lamb out?

Masturbation
Can be fun
Join the holy orgy
Kama Sutra
Everyone!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:32 pm 
Harry Vallence

In my view, hard edged players win you premierships

Richmond's tackling and ferocity at the ball was the big difference yesterday

We need to find players that have these characteristics

At the moment most of our players are not seasoned enough for us to be a contender

Hopefully, through good development we will be there soon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:24 pm 
Robert Walls

CK95 wrote:
The Blueseum wrote:
First we had the Swans winning after all those years

then the Dogs

Now the tiges

Surely next is us?

also Geelong

6 years for their long suffering supporters

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:41 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Melbourne.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:14 pm 
Geoff Southby

WOW wrote:
In my view, hard edged players win you premierships

Richmond's tackling and ferocity at the ball was the big difference yesterday

We need to find players that have these characteristics

At the moment most of our players are not seasoned enough for us to be a contender

Hopefully, through good development we will be there soon

True, Richmond had a large core who played 13-15 finals, so more seasoned players able to sustain that level of pressure.

Not sure we will be able to do that as soon as next year.

The comp is super even though, as last 2 years have shown. Watching the finals this year shows me we aren’t that far way

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:08 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

verbs wrote:
Melbourne.
Put your house on it

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:00 pm 
Bruce Doull

Magic Happens....!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:05 am 
Rod McGregor

Two fairy tale premierships in a row. Actually makes me less confident that it'll be us any time soon.

Depressing.