Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:53 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:46 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bluechucky wrote:
sinbagger wrote:

To plagiarise others here, "I'm outraged by the outrage".

Reminds me of this video:

:lol:

I'd forgotten about him. :thumbsup:

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:31 pm 
Bruce Doull

The Duke wrote:
Just a reminder that a girl in Canberra was sakced because she posted on FB that it was 'okay to vote NO' .

And a couple had their wedding cancelled by their church because the bride posted support for same sex marriage on FB.

Both sides are guilty of being cauliflower.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:45 pm 
Bruce Doull

Wojee wrote:
The Duke wrote:
Just a reminder that a girl in Canberra was sakced because she posted on FB that it was 'okay to vote NO' .

And a couple had their wedding cancelled by their church because the bride posted support for same sex marriage on FB.

Both sides are guilty of being cauliflower.

Totally. Thats just [REDACTED] up, also.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:06 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Carlton Blues president defends club's position on same-sex marriage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:07 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Hawthorn following Carlton's lead.

We really have come a long way... :lol:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/carlton-blues-president-defends-clubs-position-on-samesex-marriage-20170921-gylwk8.html

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:15 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Quote:
Carlton president Mark LoGiudice has strongly defended his club's refusal to take a position on same-sex marriage, saying "it's not for organisations to tell people how to vote".

exactly.

Quote:
LoGiudice said of his club: "We don't like telling people what to do. People don't like being told what to do.

:thumbsup:

Quote:
"At Carlton, we live our values every day. We include everyone. We respect everyone and we take a strong stand on equality. But we are not going to sit here and tell people how to vote.

"Everyone wants to push people on this issue and tell them how to vote.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:16 pm 
Serge Silvagni

I wish the Government or the AFL introduce a Law that would ban any Sporting Club from operating Poker Machines at their premises!!

OR at least for the public to Vote on it.....As much as I love Carlton, the club is responsible for ruining the lives of many gamblers who got hooked up to the Club and to their machines and have given up all their life savings!!

Pokies destroy Lives....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:23 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Quote:
CARLTON board member and national Sex Discrimination Commissioner Kate Jenkins has made a passionate statement in support of same-sex marriage.

Questions had been raised about Ms Jenkins position on the matter, following Carlton’s non-committal statement on the AFL’s campaign to back the Yes vote for marriage equality.

In a statement to the Herald Sun, Ms Jenkins said: “I absolutely support marriage equality.

“As the Australian Human Rights Commission has made clear, the fundamental human rights principle of equality means that civil marriage should be available to all couples, regardless of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or intersex status.

“All people should have equal treatment before the law and this means that all people should be able to marry the person they love.”

While Ms Jenkins’ comments do not directly support Carlton’s public statement, the Herald Sun understands she was involved in its drafting and backs the club’s position.

Sources also say Ms Jenkins doesn’t believe the club’s statement is at odds with her role as Sex Discrimination Commissioner as it expressly supported equality and same-sex marriage is ultimately an issue of equality.

Ms Jenkins, speaking in her role as commissioner, added: “The Commission also supports the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion, and has advised Government on how the legal definition of civil marriage can be amended, while maintaining existing religious freedom protections.

“I encourage all people to participate in the marriage survey, and I respect peoples’ right to make their own decision in this matter.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/afl-marriage-equality-leagues-yes-call-divides-footy-world/news-story/e44e7b0d9377c035a8e4611df7ceea02

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:33 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Rexy wrote:
Quote:
CARLTON board member and national Sex Discrimination Commissioner Kate Jenkins has made a passionate statement in support of same-sex marriage.

Questions had been raised about Ms Jenkins position on the matter, following Carlton’s non-committal statement on the AFL’s campaign to back the Yes vote for marriage equality.

In a statement to the Herald Sun, Ms Jenkins said: “I absolutely support marriage equality.

“As the Australian Human Rights Commission has made clear, the fundamental human rights principle of equality means that civil marriage should be available to all couples, regardless of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or intersex status.

“All people should have equal treatment before the law and this means that all people should be able to marry the person they love.”

While Ms Jenkins’ comments do not directly support Carlton’s public statement, the Herald Sun understands she was involved in its drafting and backs the club’s position.

Sources also say Ms Jenkins doesn’t believe the club’s statement is at odds with her role as Sex Discrimination Commissioner as it expressly supported equality and same-sex marriage is ultimately an issue of equality.

Ms Jenkins, speaking in her role as commissioner, added: “The Commission also supports the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion, and has advised Government on how the legal definition of civil marriage can be amended, while maintaining existing religious freedom protections.

“I encourage all people to participate in the marriage survey, and I respect peoples’ right to make their own decision in this matter.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/afl-marriage-equality-leagues-yes-call-divides-footy-world/news-story/e44e7b0d9377c035a8e4611df7ceea02

That's it.... I am throwing my Membership in the Bin :donk: :donk: :donk:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:36 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Dodo27 wrote:
I wish the Government or the AFL introduce a Law that would ban any Sporting Club from operating Poker Machines at their premises!!

OR at least for the public to Vote on it.....As much as I love Carlton, the club is responsible for ruining the lives of many gamblers who got hooked up to the Club and to their machines and have given up all their life savings!!

Pokies destroy Lives....

Heaps of pokies at Visy?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:38 pm 
Bruce Doull

When does membership open? I want to buy 100

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:43 pm 
Serge Silvagni

dane wrote:
Dodo27 wrote:

Pokies destroy Lives....

Heaps of pokies at Visy?

If you ask the Club how much money they made from Pokies, All of us should get Free Memberships.... The Club is now hooked on Pokies because of the massive amount of money it is generating!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:49 pm 
Geoff Southby

Dodo27 wrote:
dane wrote:
Dodo27 wrote:

Pokies destroy Lives....

Heaps of pokies at Visy?

If you ask the Club how much money they made from Pokies, All of us should get Free Memberships.... The Club is now hooked on Pokies because of the massive amount of money it is generating!!

Pokies are discretionary.

Let people take responsibility for their lives.

No I do not gamble.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:49 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Yet we make losses every year?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:50 pm 
Garry Crane

grrofunger wrote:

That should cover for the 100 so-called "supporters" who are cancelling their membership, if the comments on the Club's Facebook page is any gauge.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:56 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blueboy Benny wrote:
grrofunger wrote:

That should cover for the 100 so-called "supporters" who are cancelling their membership, if the comments on the Club's Facebook page is any gauge.

Before typing anything people should think:

How I would feel if I was gay and because of this (something I cannot control) I was not given the same marriage rights as someone who was born heterosexual?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:02 pm 
Garry Crane

dane wrote:
Blueboy Benny wrote:
grrofunger wrote:

Before typing anything people should think:

How I would feel if I was gay and because of this (something I cannot control) I was not given the same marriage rights as someone who was born heterosexual?

OK, if I was to think what you suggested, I could take it a step further and think that just maybe, the Carlton Football Club isn't to blame either.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:10 pm 
Bruce Doull

Ok Dane.

I'll buy 201 memberships and have my own bay.

100 gay people can sit with me and 100 straight people can sit with me.

We will all have a fantastic time watching Carlton play football and none of us will be outraged about anything except for shit kicking at goal and terrible trades.

Maybe the umpiring too.

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:27 pm 
Bruce Doull

bluegirl72 wrote:
Quote:
Carlton president Mark LoGiudice has strongly defended his club's refusal to take a position on same-sex marriage, saying "it's not for organisations to tell people how to vote".

exactly.

Quote:
LoGiudice said of his club: "We don't like telling people what to do. People don't like being told what to do.

:thumbsup:

Quote:
"At Carlton, we live our values every day. We include everyone. We respect everyone and we take a strong stand on equality. But we are not going to sit here and tell people how to vote.

"Everyone wants to push people on this issue and tell them how to vote.

That's a reasonable response.......

BURN HIM!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:34 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

FFS... I hate our @#$%&! politicians so much. Gutless pieces of shit. This whole disgraceful episode should have been avoided by strong leaders doing what was right in the first place.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next