Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:59 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:46 pm 
Robert Walls

Can I just say how abhorrent it is that we are asked to vote on people's ability to be able to wed whoever the @#$%&! they want.

It's disgusting to be given a say in someone's life.

It's offensive that I'm able to have a smidgen of a say in whether Jamo's brother can wed his boyfriend or not.

@#$%&! gutless politicians.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:55 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Jamo isn't pissed off that the club is sitting on the fence.
He's pissed that they didn't support the yes vote.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:19 pm 
Bruce Doull

Goodness me.....

we've opened up a Pandora's Box of Worms here...!

kindest regards tommi

people really make life so difficult these days...!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:34 pm 
formerly King Kenny

smithy wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
smithy wrote:
This is the greatest thing this club has done for a long time, the silent majority have had enough of the constant bullying tactics employed by the pieces of shite that are behind the scenes pushing this non issue. This club has really grown some spine, so proud tonight. Now hopefully the rest of you that haven't already can see through the lie and foolish ideology of diversity and equality.

Nice parody. "Stop telling me what to think you bullies, P.S. if you don't agree with me you're a slave to dishonesty and idiocy".

The club statement was about as bold as the team's attacking play. Sort of hinting at a Yes but not wanting to commit. Hugging boundary line, kicking long to a contest.

I agree with most here that clubs shouldn't be expected to take a stance and should have made no comment.

The only parody here is people like you; and your familiar feeble strawman attempts.

Honestly. If you think a club of X amount of employees/members can make a call on how WE feel is acceptable, you are a looney toon.

This decision has nothing to do with Carlton, they should never have commented.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:13 pm 
Bruce Doull

Wow...what a complete non-issue...

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:17 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

The Normal One wrote:
smithy wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
smithy wrote:
This is the greatest thing this club has done for a long time, the silent majority have had enough of the constant bullying tactics employed by the pieces of shite that are behind the scenes pushing this non issue. This club has really grown some spine, so proud tonight. Now hopefully the rest of you that haven't already can see through the lie and foolish ideology of diversity and equality.

Nice parody. "Stop telling me what to think you bullies, P.S. if you don't agree with me you're a slave to dishonesty and idiocy".

The club statement was about as bold as the team's attacking play. Sort of hinting at a Yes but not wanting to commit. Hugging boundary line, kicking long to a contest.

I agree with most here that clubs shouldn't be expected to take a stance and should have made no comment.

The only parody here is people like you; and your familiar feeble strawman attempts.

Honestly. If you think a club of X amount of employees/members can make a call on how WE feel is acceptable, you are a looney toon.

nothing wrong with promoting equality and non-discrimination within your organisation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:35 pm 
Bruce Doull

Good articles

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/gay-ma ... ff8e7ed474

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/afl-ta ... f893eda7a7

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:35 pm 
Serge Silvagni

The_Cranium wrote:
FFS... I hate our @#$%&! politicians so much. Gutless pieces of shit. This whole disgraceful episode should have been avoided by strong leaders doing what was right in the first place.
Exactly !

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:51 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

anyone would think it's only the yes campaigners who are outspoken

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:57 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blueboy Benny wrote:
dane wrote:
Blueboy Benny wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
When does membership open? I want to buy 100

That should cover for the 100 so-called "supporters" who are cancelling their membership, if the comments on the Club's Facebook page is any gauge.

Before typing anything people should think:

How I would feel if I was gay and because of this (something I cannot control) I was not given the same marriage rights as someone who was born heterosexual?

OK, if I was to think what you suggested, I could take it a step further and think that just maybe, the Carlton Football Club isn't to blame either.

You’re still not getting it.
You would feel severely wronged.

It’s a charged emotional issue for numerous people.
Some fans hoped their club would stand up for them as other clubs have done. They sat on the fence, in what some see as a pivotal cause in their life.
The response had to be expected.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:58 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Outback Blue wrote:
The_Cranium wrote:
FFS... I hate our @#$%&! politicians so much. Gutless pieces of shit. This whole disgraceful episode should have been avoided by strong leaders doing what was right in the first place.
Exactly !

Yep.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:02 pm 
Garry Crane

Dodo27 wrote:
dane wrote:
Dodo27 wrote:
I wish the Government or the AFL introduce a Law that would ban any Sporting Club from operating Poker Machines at their premises!!

OR at least for the public to Vote on it.....As much as I love Carlton, the club is responsible for ruining the lives of many gamblers who got hooked up to the Club and to their machines and have given up all their life savings!!

Pokies destroy Lives....

Heaps of pokies at Visy?

If you ask the Club how much money they made from Pokies, All of us should get Free Memberships.... The Club is now hooked on Pokies because of the massive amount of money it is generating!!

I recall cleanskin Juddy not appreciating it bring known that he too was in a pokies JV.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:03 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Rexy wrote:
Shall we test it

No No No

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:03 pm 
Harry Vallence

nck wrote:
I'm not going to beat my head against a wall on here so I'll just leave this here and say no more. I'm not proud of this front page news, even though most of you are.

My god!!!! You read the Hun?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:07 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Sydney Blue wrote:
Rexy wrote:
Shall we test it

No No No

I'm shocked to be sitting here reading that :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:10 pm 
Garry Crane

dane wrote:
Blueboy Benny wrote:
grrofunger wrote:

That should cover for the 100 so-called "supporters" who are cancelling their membership, if the comments on the Club's Facebook page is any gauge.

How I would feel if I was gay and because of this (something I cannot control) I was not given the same marriage rights as someone who was born heterosexual?

I thought this thread was about Carlton's statement, not deep questioning of peoples personal morality. No living being can claim higher ground on what is objective morality...hence this democratic vote biz. Some of this posts are getting a little personal.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:48 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

BoundaryRider wrote:
dane wrote:
Blueboy Benny wrote:
grrofunger wrote:

I thought this thread was about Carlton's statement, not deep questioning of peoples personal morality. No living being can claim higher ground on what is objective morality...hence this democratic vote biz. Some of this posts are getting a little personal.

Why do u think that is?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:25 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

If I was gay I'd just be pleased that this is even on the table. Taken thousands of years to get to this point.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:33 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

kingkerna wrote:
If I was gay I'd just be pleased that this is even on the table. Taken thousands of years to get to this point.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

When many other countries have already legislated it?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:35 pm 
Harry Vallence

Rexy wrote:
The Normal One wrote:
smithy wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
smithy wrote:

nothing wrong with promoting equality and non-discrimination within your organisation

Promoting and enacting equality measures is by it's very nature discriminatory, you fill your quotas of "equality"; I'll go with a meritocracy and we'll see who still has an functioning organisation in 10-20 years. Equality of opportunity is the only equality we should endeavor for.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next