Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:15 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:39 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

grrofunger wrote:
meh, wont remember this in a few weeks and we lost to the premiers on their own turf after beating them earlier in the year.

whatever

Yes we will but you did sum it up pretty well. They can win it.
Horse will get coach of the year after their start.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:42 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

Good fightback in the 2nd to get within 5 then pretty much downhill from there. Jones gave franklin too much space and was unaided until far too late. Some of our young players weren't too bad, but i think they and most of the team were buggered and waiting for the season to end. Hopefully we can build on this season next year with our players getting more experience.

On a side note. I have great respect for murphy as a player but i just don't think he is dominant personality to be a strong onfield general. Maybe next year they can give it to someone like Cripps or Ed Curnow. If they do Murphy can focus on his game.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:43 pm 
Ken Hunter

DesEnglish wrote:
We can't go forward with Graham, Daisy and Kerridge on the list.

I guess I'd keep Kerridge around because he does get a fair bit of it and we are desperately short of mids - a problem we are never going to solve in a single draft/trade period. Graham is just dreadful, felt like all of his disposals today were intentionally poor choices, just a turnover machine. Daisy was playing quite well but that banana eliminated any temptation I might have felt to say "give him another contract". Worst trade in club history; let's clear away the lingering traces of our shameful recent past.

Really seething about that meltdown, I hate being surrounded by these smug fairweather Swans fans, and I hate the way the umpires fell into line when the tide started to turn - countless throws/HTB not called, and that blatant hold on Armfield leading to Rohan's crowd surf, when the game was still in the balance. Being toyed with in the last quarter of the season is hard to stomach. I'm annoyed that Bolts seemed happier to let Jones learn through ritual humiliation than give any sort of guidance or assistance. And worst of all, next weekend there is no AFL and no Premier League - who makes these @#$%&! decisions? Sack everyone!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:49 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Heavs wrote:
Would love to see what Murphy is worth.

or at least hand over the captaincy to someone who plays in a way the inspires the rest of the team !!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:51 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Heavs wrote:
Yeah it's a pretty bitter way to go into the off-season. Would love to see what Murphy is worth.

I'd take half a mouldy ham sandwich. If someone offered a top 20 pick I'd piss myself laughing. We're not going anywhere whilst we have Murphy as our captain.

He's a good ordinary player these days with so-so disposal (these are his strong points) but leadership just isn't a part of his make up.

If I look back on the great Carlton captains they've been players who could impose themselves on a game and inspire those around them.

Docherty has that.

Cripps has that.

Murphy doesn't.

Murphy's about as inspirational as a piece of belly button lint. When your captain gets ragdolled on a regular basis and can't stick a tackle what does that say to the rest of the players?

It was a terrible decision when he was made captain and it'd be a worse one to keep him in that position.

We're apparently in the middle of a reset. Time to reset the leadership.

Docherty captain.

Cripps vice captain.

No stupid bullshit multiple vices and deputy vices where no-one has to take responsibility.

Time to do it now.

Would make a great episode of The Journey.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:56 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/901382213094195202

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:58 pm 
Bruce Doull

Yes, their homework assignments and class participation have been top notch

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:58 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Rexy wrote:

https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/901382213094195202

:lol:

"...now if we could just get them to lay some tackles and give a @#$%&! we might really start something..."

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:04 pm 
Horrie Clover

nasty last quarter and a half to end the year.

what a shame our captain could only lay 1 tackle today in an 81 point loss.....reminded me of that hollow feeling when he had 0 tackles against port in our 90 point loss earlier in the year.

i'm not a hater.....though these efforts cannot be ignored.

sps, a first year player with an interrupted pre-season laid 9 more tackles than murphy this year.
crippa, with hardly a pre-season and not having played since the first week of july had 4 more tackles in 2017.

carlton leaders of the past have always been hard fellas.

personally i think we'll climb the ladder next year ....and we should do so with a new skipper.

go blues.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:04 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Our midfield lacked cohesion and butchered the ball badly.

Murphy's defensive efforts weren't good enough. The butchering of the ball by midfield was infuriating.

Intensity was poor and for many playing for their careers it wasn't good enough.

Supply to their forward line was too slick, Jones couldn't do much about it but I think should have halved more contests.

Hate Swans supporters, their knowledge of the game is the worst in the AFL.

- Igor Stravinsky

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:09 pm 
Bruce Doull

May have handed Franklin the Coleman medal.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:45 pm 
Bob Chitty

Heavs wrote:
Would love to see what Murphy is worth.

Saw what he's worth tonight. Very little. He is the only negative in my book for the entire season.

I've enjoyed the season and the competitiveness in all but 3 games. I'm overall extremely happy with the season and the direction of the club.

GO BLUES!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:53 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Hopefully it's a rockliff situation where nobody wants him, he hands over the captaincy and plays with some intent again next year.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:09 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Lovely dinner tonight. Did we play?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:18 pm 
Bruce Doull

So what'd I miss?

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:19 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Donstuie wrote:
So what'd I miss?

one of the all time greats putting on a clinic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:25 pm 
Craig Bradley

Pick 3 it is i'd say. You thought we were embarrassing, the Suns are making our effort look like one of champions. Have't scored since the first qtr. GWS are looking like us too. What a weak 3rd qtr.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:35 pm 
Bruce Doull

Port are the absolute epitome of flat-track bullies. Bring their full fury on crap teams but run away like scared kids when faced with a finals contender.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:38 pm 
Craig Bradley

Donstuie wrote:
Port are the absolute epitome of flat-track bullies. Bring their full fury on crap teams but run away like scared kids when faced with a finals contender.

That's so 2011...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:42 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Ahhhh crap!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next