Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:52 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:59 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:24 pm 
Robert Walls

GWS wrote:
You weren't supposed to make that public Heady...

Just spreading fake news!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:30 am 
John James

Sang the song, drank a lot, felt smug.

Smug suggested I ask next time.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:25 am 
Bruce Doull

"Things that have happened since we last beat Hawthorn"

I logged on to TC, then slept.....

Oh, and I'm sure there was political unrest somewhere.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:43 pm 
formerly Blue Boots

I won bingo that night and a few hundred dollars cash for my rewards and troubles. :grin:
What else happened? It was a rare time that I saw that thug Hodge walk off the ground with a frown on his face and hearing our club song being blasted after a Blues-Hawks game as they had in fact lost. Ditto Clarkson in his coaches' box. I remember all of this as in fact it all happened last night.
My god, what a night that was. I stayed around for as long as I could to savour the winning feeling I wondered would ever happen, when it came on after bingo finished; saw the final siren, Murph and Gibbs had their first win against them EVER, and saw the team song played: with the volume turned down.
I'll watch a replay again though to remember this feeling. :smoking:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:49 pm 
Serge Silvagni

"Things that have happened since we last beat Hawthorn"

No idea, I make a habit of practicing selective memory when I was once watching TV and this guy was holding an umbrella but my dog dug a hole last Tuesday and we went shopping for socks.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:00 pm 
Harry Vallence

Prequel:Hate Etihad but went as last game of the year in Melbourne. Parked under the stadium at $30 which I normally resist as running late. Sat on level 1 four rows from fence right adjacent to Hawthorn cheer squad which wasn't great but oh well. Froze my tits off despite coat beanie and scarf. Braced myself for a miserable night. Underwhelmed by lack of ceremony and crowd reaction when 87 premiership team presented before the game - a little embarassing for them

Things that then happened once we beat Hawthorn: Something I've never experienced before. In the underground car park after the game there was a gradually building crescendo of cheering and car horns blaring. First a few, then dozens, then hundreds, until this tremendous cacophany of noise and joy was echoing around the space. Car windows down, song being sung, car horns deafening, smiles and laughter everywhere. It was just great.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:58 pm 
Bruce Doull

On TV it looked like the crowd in the countdown with a minute to go was just awesome

Speeeeecial

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:44 pm 
Craig Bradley

Yes CK everyone around me who was Blue just clapping for the last minute and a half particularly good with smug Hawthorn supporters talking about making the eight after beating the dogs even before last nights game

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:47 pm 
Harry Vallence

CK95 wrote:
On TV it looked like the crowd in the countdown with a minute to go was just awesome

Speeeeecial

Yep, huge noise. Most of the crowd didn't realise the game was over until the song started, that's why you hear the extra cheer when the song starts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:58 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Yeah with 40sec left the sound was amazing. Foot stomping and cheering. I really think we'll look back at this game in years to come.

Hawthorn are not the Hawthorn of previous years, but getting g a last home win was serious reward for effort.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:29 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

RickJ wrote:
Prequel:Hate Etihad but went as last game of the year in Melbourne. Parked under the stadium at $30 which I normally resist as running late. Sat on level 1 four rows from fence right adjacent to Hawthorn cheer squad which wasn't great but oh well. Froze my tits off despite coat beanie and scarf. Braced myself for a miserable night. Underwhelmed by lack of ceremony and crowd reaction when 87 premiership team presented before the game - a little embarassing for them

Things that then happened once we beat Hawthorn: Something I've never experienced before. In the underground car park after the game there was a gradually building crescendo of cheering and car horns blaring. First a few, then dozens, then hundreds, until this tremendous cacophany of noise and joy was echoing around the space. Car windows down, song being sung, car horns deafening, smiles and laughter everywhere. It was just great.

I wish we were in Melbourne for the same experience.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:47 pm 
Ken Hunter

bluehammer wrote:
Yeah with 40sec left the sound was amazing. Foot stomping and cheering. I really think we'll look back at this game in years to come.

Hawthorn are not the Hawthorn of previous years, but getting g a last home win was serious reward for effort.

That final minute was amazing. We all knew how long there was to go and the noise was so loud that we didn't hear the siren either.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:56 pm 
Geoff Southby

kezza wrote:
bluehammer wrote:

That final minute was amazing. We all knew how long there was to go and the noise was so loud that we didn't hear the siren either.

Mrs Teddy had the radio on and her earplugs in and told me when there was a minute and a half to go but I didn't hear the siren either.

Had been cheering every out of bounds and stoppage. Almost as good as the '99 prelim. Almost.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:52 pm 
Bruce Doull

I wonder if there's a similar thread over on Bomberblitz about winning a final...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:20 pm 
Bruce Doull

CK95 wrote:
I wonder if there's a similar thread over on Bomberblitz about winning a final...

Yeah, nah, it was shredded after Andy D's tip-off.